E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Phase1: E92 335D Mod Thread - Alas!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-29-2013, 05:48 AM   #23
dips
New Member
 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: heston

Posts: 22
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by safety_james View Post
Mate....

Seriously I need to come down to London and hang around with you lot, my field buddys are awesome with tractors and V8's but styling and delicate paint jobs not so much...

Either that or pay Dips to relocate to Norfolk!
thanks dude
dips is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-29-2013, 06:15 AM   #24
Josh1a1h
Brigadier General
 
Josh1a1h's Avatar
 
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central North to West London

Posts: 3,688
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by safety_james View Post
Mate....

Thats simply stunning, I need those lights in my life.. had a close opertunity last weekend with Josh just couldn't make it work sadly!!
will set your car off nicely
__________________
| Resprayed Azurite Black Individual | Custom LED Headlights | M3 Individual Interior |
|1M Front & Custom Carbon splitter | M3 Side Skirts & Carbon Side Splitters | CSL Boot | LCI Lights | Duke Dynamics Carbon Diffuser |
| Full Air Lift w/ Accuair E-level & I-level management | SSR Professor MS1 8.5"/10.5" 3-Piece Rims|
Josh1a1h is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      07-29-2013, 06:23 AM   #25
Greg330
Captain
 
Greg330's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South Coast

Posts: 729
iTrader: (0)

Wow! From the first pics you put up it didn't give much away, but with these you get to see all the little details that make it!!

I think the front end looks awesome smoothed including the removal of the bonnet badge!

Great work by everyone involved and look forward to a closer inspection....
Greg330 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #26
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
 
AWBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 4,532
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaza01 View Post
Wow! Nuff said!!!!!!
Thanks bro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post

Looks amazing, love all the mods you've done! Hopefully now you can have the car and enjoy it all!

How are the brake lines by the way?
Haha, cheers Mo! I definitely will be enjoying the car after a long break! Brake lines are easily the best £100 I've spent LOL! They seriously take away that spongy feeling!! Get!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny.B. View Post
looks great mate top draw!
Cheers Danny, loving your car too, Sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubdemand View Post
Very nice mate, top work! I think I prefer the m sport front though...
Thanks matey, that's cool, if it was to please everyone I could be here for some time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste133 View Post
It's about time chap. Awesome.
Aren't you glad!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaragha View Post
Very nice mate,

Any performance mods ?

How much have all the mods cost you so far (if you don't mind me asking of course mate) ?

Those wheels are lurverly !!!!

Now you'll just be paranoid where you park it and leave it FOREVER !! ;-)
None mate, I find the 335D plenty fast - but I keep hearing the hype of getting it mapped so may do when funds permit!

As for the cost - can't say let's just say a pretty penny. It's all in the quality and satisfaction. As you can see there's not a single place I've skimped out.

Wheels --- hohhhh boy! I am careful as!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dips View Post
soon to be mapped
Ahh, the mastermind!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachar3 View Post
You Shaved The Front Roundel????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Disrespect
Customisation my friend, it's a beautiful thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
I appreciate works of art, the work Dips has done makes the car in my eyes a work of art. Absolutely stunning detail and a perfect example of perfectly executed subtle modding in my eyes, it's the little things(blacked out lights, blended lip spoiler)for example that make the car stand out. I'd be proud and I'm sure you are too AWBimmer to own a car that looks this good, it makes my 335 look rather plain, reminds me of the work I done with my old E46 330d.
Thank you Steve, a lot, I mean a lot of work has gone into this. Sounds silly but I've had migraines thinking about perfecting this haha! Can't imagine what Dips must have gone through but his patience is a real virtue! I wasn't going to blend the lip spoiler but I wanted to be completely individual to the rest and I'm very confident this must be the only one right now in the UK... but let's not compare, it's how happy you feel !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shere View Post
Beauty, lots of passion and hard work, and its plain to see, we'll done!
Thank you!! Your car colour is good my friend, lots of potential
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sh@Crystalwhite View Post
To say this car is Sick is an understatement.... Sam, This car is truly stunning!

All the hard work/ $$/ time you've put it into this has really paid off! Without a doubt one of the best E92's in the country!

I really love all the subtle mods from the moulding of the aero lip to the straight up bold orange bay! And those daytona's.... Mmmmmm! Josh's work is awesome as always I love the silver accents I wonder who hinted at doing that

Respect to Dips too man! Dips really has some skills and props to that guy for his efforts!

Looking forward to seeing what more you're going to do

Ish, that's awfully kind of you my friend...... It's truly amazing to hear comments like this - puts a huge smile to my face and makes me feel the work we set out to do has been accomplished. It was just that I had aimed for.... subtle but bold, and I'm so glad that the perception everyone is getting too!

To say it's one of the best E92s in the country is a real pleasure to hear and I'm sure there'll now be plenty of people who go out and do similar things.. Credits to Dips in all honesty, but thanks for your kind words once again

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbo99 View Post
what I like most is its simplicity, its not over the top or lairy, just subtle (albeit quite major list of) changes and additions.
great job
Thanks buddy - super appreciate the kind words! Just what I had set out to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P 5UML View Post
the transformation is absolutely amazing mate!

true credit to you and Dips to making the car what it is right now...it has a real presence and i have to admit i wasnt sure how it would turn out due to it being a silver car with silver wheels etc but its honestly one of the nicest silver E92's iv seen!

small things like the flushed out front end and orange scoops etc really work! cant wait to hear your sounds too!!!!

enjoy it mate!!!

: bow:
Sumil, stop wasting time and get your thread up!!!! Waited long enough haha.

Thanks for the kind words bro, as always, appreciate them max! Silver on Silver was never doubted in my mind but it's hard to pull it off unless there's something else to catch the eye and the front end just does that so gracefully lol!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza88 View Post
That is stunning mate!
Cheers fella'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1a1h View Post
WOAH! That is a lot of pictures!

It is nice to see the progress of the work!

Although the mod list is not all that crazy, you can truly appreciate the amount of work that has gone into the car.

Bring on Phase2!

Gorgeous mate! Tasteful choice of mods and Dips bodywork does look perfect! I have no worries knowing he is working on my car.
Good stuff, cheers Josh, your lights have transformed the car in so many ways and I can't for one second imagine not having them. I always knew I wanted them but timing was my problem... what you have done with these lights are turnkey solution to the front end! Simply stunning! Anyone who is thinking twice about getting these LED retrofit lights, don't - just get it, END OF! I am sure Josh will do his best to look after you
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamC View Post
Love it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by safety_james View Post
Mate....

Seriously I need to come down to London and hang around with you lot, my field buddys are awesome with tractors and V8's but styling and delicate paint jobs not so much...

Either that or pay Dips to relocate to Norfolk!

Thats simply stunning, I need those lights in my life.. had a close opertunity last weekend with Josh just couldn't make it work sadly!!

The car looks extremely subtle and well thought out, its very impressive! I bet you are over the moon!!
Crazy fool!! Thanks buddy, I love how it's turned out! Completely in awe! Get those lights, end of!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg330 View Post
Wow! From the first pics you put up it didn't give much away, but with these you get to see all the little details that make it!!

I think the front end looks awesome smoothed including the removal of the bonnet badge!

Great work by everyone involved and look forward to a closer inspection....
Yeah I was unsure on the smoothened bonnet but I would totally have regretted it. It's my fav part truthfully - I absolutely love the smooth look and wouldn't have it any other way.

That's why I think a Build Thread is key to understanding what is really involved for the person doing all the work and once again, all credits really to Dips!

__________________

Now: E92 335D, Custom Cars Branded
Gone But Not Forgotten: E90 320D Alpine White

Last edited by AWBimmer; 07-29-2013 at 05:54 PM.
AWBimmer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      07-29-2013, 05:35 PM   #27
omaragha
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 335i DCT E93
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Windsor, UK

Posts: 1,824
iTrader: (4)

How does it drive with those wheel and tyre sizes mate ?
__________________
Engine Mods: JB4 G5 ISO, Wedge Flash, BMS DCI, ETS FMIC, ER CP, AR Catless DP's, BMS OCC, BMS Cowel filters & Forge DV's.
Running Gear Mods: Graphite Atomic CSL's, Birds B3 Suspension, Stoptech Grooved Rotors & Yellow Stuff pads.
Cosmetic: Performance Grill and Diffuser, Carbon Badges, Carbon Interior
omaragha is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2013, 01:09 PM   #28
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
 
AWBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 4,532
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaragha View Post
How does it drive with those wheel and tyre sizes mate ?
Drives great! I would liked to have gone 225/35 upfront but 215/35 works well .... going from RFTs to Non RFTs gives so much grip, I can't fault the falkens one bit... 453s are bang for your buck!
__________________

Now: E92 335D, Custom Cars Branded
Gone But Not Forgotten: E90 320D Alpine White
AWBimmer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2013, 01:33 PM   #29
jammy78
Major
 
Drives: E92 330D M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hertfordshire

Posts: 1,278
iTrader: (16)

Badass motor!
jammy78 is online now   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2013, 01:52 PM   #30
Brett335i
First Lieutenant
 
Brett335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i Coupe (Silver)
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Orlando, FLA

Posts: 382
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to Brett335i
Bravo good sir!

Our cars are very similar. I cant wait to start painting my engine bay parts. It changes sooooo much!
__________________

07' 335i E92- SOLD
Brett335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #31
old grey steve
335i E Maps Re Map, VRSF Catless DownPipes & More.
 
old grey steve's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i SE
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: UK in Hertfordshire

Posts: 975
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post

Thank you Steve, a lot, I mean a lot of work has gone into this. Sounds silly but I've had migraines thinking about perfecting this haha! Can't imagine what Dips must have gone through but his patience is a real virtue! I wasn't going to blend the lip spoiler but I wanted to be completely individual to the rest and I'm very confident this must be the only one right now in the UK... but let's not compare, it's how happy you feel !
Pleasure I love the blending type thing back in 2010 I did this to my 330d



never liked the Clubsport splitter type overlay so opted like you to do the smoothed out theme I understand I was one if not the first to do this mod in the UK




and ended up with this



best mod however was the boot lid and again I know I was the first to attempt this to my knowledge. I bought one of these CSL type rear spoilers as I didn't like the carbon/plastic bootlids that were on offer and this was about the only option out there on the market place and decided if the jobs worth doing its worth doing well..



and had it grafted onto my bootlid with strict instructions that it needs to look like it roiled out of the factory looking like it was meant to be there.






once painted it looked totally facory from both inside



and outside



I love this sort of stuff really admire the time, the work and pride that people put into getting the result that totally one off yet at the same time to average joe looks totally factory... even I missed the lack of a roundel on the bonnet. Respect and credit where its due.. the guys who worked on your car I'm sure will get some work from your post, which they richly deserve.

And now you've got me wanting to do this again. and I will but again I'll take my time and do it subtle.... so again thanks for whetting my appetite and sorry for the partial thread hi-jack
old grey steve is online now   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2013, 04:35 PM   #32
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
 
AWBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 4,532
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammy78 View Post
Badass motor!
Thank you sir!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett335i View Post
Bravo good sir!

Our cars are very similar. I cant wait to start painting my engine bay parts. It changes sooooo much!
Brett, I've been looking at pics of your car for some time and love it, great job! TiAg are really hard to stand out but when done up nicely, are unbeatable!
Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
Pleasure I love the blending type thing back in 2010 I did this to my 330d



never liked the Clubsport splitter type overlay so opted like you to do the smoothed out theme I understand I was one if not the first to do this mod in the UK




and ended up with this



best mod however was the boot lid and again I know I was the first to attempt this to my knowledge. I bought one of these CSL type rear spoilers as I didn't like the carbon/plastic bootlids that were on offer and this was about the only option out there on the market place and decided if the jobs worth doing its worth doing well..



and had it grafted onto my bootlid with strict instructions that it needs to look like it roiled out of the factory looking like it was meant to be there.






once painted it looked totally facory from both inside



and outside



I love this sort of stuff really admire the time, the work and pride that people put into getting the result that totally one off yet at the same time to average joe looks totally factory... even I missed the lack of a roundel on the bonnet. Respect and credit where its due.. the guys who worked on your car I'm sure will get some work from your post, which they richly deserve.

And now you've got me wanting to do this again. and I will but again I'll take my time and do it subtle.... so again thanks for whetting my appetite and sorry for the partial thread hi-jack
Amazing work Steve, that looks seriously mint! I'm glad my thread has sparked that interest off again! Be careful though, it's an addictive hobby - I'm sure you would know already
__________________

Now: E92 335D, Custom Cars Branded
Gone But Not Forgotten: E90 320D Alpine White
AWBimmer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      07-31-2013, 02:51 AM   #33
old grey steve
335i E Maps Re Map, VRSF Catless DownPipes & More.
 
old grey steve's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i SE
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: UK in Hertfordshire

Posts: 975
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post

Amazing work Steve, that looks seriously mint! I'm glad my thread has sparked that interest off again! Be careful though, it's an addictive hobby - I'm sure you would know already
Ta. Yep kind of aware of how addictive this all isbut it's a blast when you have something pictured in your head and have the finished product in front of your eyes. Mines going to be done slowly in stages a bit here bit there so to speak. One of the first mods I think body wise/looks wise has got to be the headlight setup oeuvre got. Looks bloody awesome been and looked on liteAngels/Josh1ah1's excellent website and has really got me thinking...
old grey steve is online now   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      07-31-2013, 03:04 AM   #34
Jonathon335
New Member
 
Drives: 335I
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: London

Posts: 26
iTrader: (0)

Sam, great mods here so far mate, car is looking fantastic. Got a sumwhat stealthy look to it!!!
Jonathon335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-31-2013, 03:33 PM   #35
gsr
New Member
 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: warks

Posts: 23
iTrader: (1)

Wow...what a fantastic series of mods and write-up!
Love the angel eyes and the painted engine cover.
Where did you get the light clusters? What paint & clear coat did you use?
Gordon
gsr is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-31-2013, 03:49 PM   #36
Josh1a1h
Brigadier General
 
Josh1a1h's Avatar
 
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central North to West London

Posts: 3,688
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
Ta. Yep kind of aware of how addictive this all isbut it's a blast when you have something pictured in your head and have the finished product in front of your eyes. Mines going to be done slowly in stages a bit here bit there so to speak. One of the first mods I think body wise/looks wise has got to be the headlight setup oeuvre got. Looks bloody awesome been and looked on liteAngels/Josh1ah1's excellent website and has really got me thinking...
Thank you for the kind words mate.

Sams car is gorgeous in person! Simplicity is key and he has nailed it without a doubt!
You just cant appreciate the anal detail that Dips has put into it.
Great choice of mods Sam, although you painstakingly went back and fourth, back and fourth... and back and fourth lol
__________________
| Resprayed Azurite Black Individual | Custom LED Headlights | M3 Individual Interior |
|1M Front & Custom Carbon splitter | M3 Side Skirts & Carbon Side Splitters | CSL Boot | LCI Lights | Duke Dynamics Carbon Diffuser |
| Full Air Lift w/ Accuair E-level & I-level management | SSR Professor MS1 8.5"/10.5" 3-Piece Rims|
Josh1a1h is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2013, 04:34 PM   #37
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
 
AWBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 4,532
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1a1h View Post
Thank you for the kind words mate.

Sams car is gorgeous in person! Simplicity is key and he has nailed it without a doubt!
You just cant appreciate the anal detail that Dips has put into it.
Great choice of mods Sam, although you painstakingly went back and fourth, back and fourth... and back and fourth lol
Thanks Josh, it has reached a level that I was after for a long time and I'm really excited about it! It's definitely a simple look. People don't realise the moulded Aero Lip when they see the car and to me, that's perfection. They think it's all OEM and that was the aim / vision I had from day 1.

Dips with body work and all his hard work/advice + your lights helped me achieve the look I've been after
__________________

Now: E92 335D, Custom Cars Branded
Gone But Not Forgotten: E90 320D Alpine White
AWBimmer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      08-21-2013, 05:17 PM   #38
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
 
AWBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 4,532
iTrader: (3)

For Phase 2 - Check this out...
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=879774
__________________

Now: E92 335D, Custom Cars Branded
Gone But Not Forgotten: E90 320D Alpine White
AWBimmer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2013, 06:01 PM   #39
itsYousef
New Member
 
itsYousef's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 325i Coupe Monaco blue
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oslo Ýst

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
beautiful n great taste
did you have the paddle shift option from factory, or is it possible to do a retrofit ?
__________________
itsYousef is offline   Norway
0
Reply With Quote
      10-28-2013, 03:31 AM   #40
D_o_S
LCI'd
 
Drives: 335i LCI
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Home

Posts: 808
iTrader: (1)

Loving the color on the calipers, what paint did you use?
D_o_S is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #41
E92NeilH
Private First Class
 
E92NeilH's Avatar
 
Drives: Bmw E92 325d msport
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Lincolnshire

Posts: 110
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Love the car and the work gone into I bet your very proud of it.
E92NeilH is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST