E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Best suspension for a 328xi Daily Driver set up.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #1
WachYourBac
E6 - SSG
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 328XI
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philadelphia

Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

Best suspension for a 328xi Daily Driver set up.

Hey there guys, I'm pretty new to these forums and I wanted opinions more than anything else, I've done some searching but I want to hear some fresh opinions.

I have a 2007 E90 328Xi that is stock. I'm looking into upgrading my suspension, but I'm not sure which way to go.

(Sadly I just had to buy new tires, so I'm stuck with 205's RFT's and 16" rims, but when these need replacing I plan to go to a 17" or 18" set-up.)

I've looked at that xDrive suspension compatibility list, and saw that the BMW Performance Springs & BMW "i" Sport Springs. Does anyone have Part #'s on these? Are these what they are describing

-> http://www.shopbmwusa.com/PRODUCT/84...NCE-SUSPENSION

If I am flat out wrong about that assumption, what's the feedback on the KW's vs H&R's vs Eibach setups?

I live in downtown Philadelphia for school, and frequently drive back to CT to visit home. So I need something thats comfortable enough for the little driving I do in the city, but sportier and more fun to drive in the backroads of PA & CT.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

What my car looks like now.
Attached Images
   

Last edited by WachYourBac; 08-05-2013 at 01:50 PM.
WachYourBac is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #2
dubsesd
Colonel
 
dubsesd's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4M coupe / X5 35d LCI /F150
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ottawa

Posts: 2,657
iTrader: (1)

kw v1. awesome ride, no squeaks or noises. great adjustability

__________________
2006 ///M Coupe TiAg / IR -- H&R coilovers/RPI exhaust/ZHP knob/19" Morr MS52 ONE hand brushed & polished/Stoptech 355mm 6/4 BBK/Turner strut bar/polished diagonal braces/m tower caps/tekarbon 2x2 coil cover/Michelin PSS/gloss black kidneys/painted gloss black roof/mstache 2 front lip/AFE dry intake/RPI forced induction/colormatch corners/black chrome //M badges/rear diffuser/aeroskirts/carbon sideskirt extentions/rogue mounts/DKF adjustable hangers/22%tint/euromode lighting/LED interior & plate lighting
dubsesd is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #3
WachYourBac
E6 - SSG
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 328XI
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philadelphia

Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubsesd View Post
kw v1. awesome ride, no squeaks or noises. great adjustability

Wow, that sure is beautiful, that's almost the same look what I'm going for. I don't want it too look gotti or ricey. Still want it to be elegant, but my own.

But how far did it drop after it settled? and what is the settle/break in period?
WachYourBac is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #4
GearGuy2009
Private First Class
 
Drives: 09 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Rockton, IL

Posts: 106
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Nice drop and curious if you went with gloss or matte on your window trim? Looking to do that on my 335xi.
__________________
2009 BMW 335XI - COBB AP, BMS DCI, More to come...
GearGuy2009 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2013, 12:59 PM   #5
thegrinchboy
Lieutenant
 
Drives: '11 E90 N55 xDrive 6MT MSport
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH

Posts: 552
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WachYourBac View Post
Hey there guys, I'm pretty new to these forums and I wanted opinions more than anything else, I've done some searching but I want to hear some fresh opinions.

I have a 2007 E90 328Xi that is stock. I'm looking into upgrading my suspension, but I'm not sure which way to go.

(Sadly I just had to buy new tires, so I'm stuck with 205's RFT's and 16" rims, but when these need replacing I plan to go to a 17" or 18" set-up.)

I've looked at that xDrive suspension compatibility list, and saw that the BMW Performance Springs & BMW "i" Sport Springs. Does anyone have Part #'s on these? Are these what they are describing

-> http://www.shopbmwusa.com/PRODUCT/84...NCE-SUSPENSION

If I am flat out wrong about that assumption, what's the feedback on the KW's vs H&R's vs Eibach setups?

I live in downtown Philadelphia for school, and frequently drive back to CT to visit home. So I need something thats comfortable enough for the little driving I do in the city, but sportier and more fun to drive in the backroads of PA & CT.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
There is no OEM sport springs available from BMW for x/xDrive vehicles (unless things have changed recently), therefore you will have to go with aftermarket if you want x/xDrive specific. People have also swapped outto BMW ZSP (sport package) springs, but again they are for RWD. Also consider changing out your stock/struts if you are lowering due to length of travel on stock dampers, if not then the ride quality will suffer dramatically. Other option is coilover as others have noted. Good luck!
thegrinchboy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #6
WachYourBac
E6 - SSG
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 328XI
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philadelphia

Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

I know there are no OEM sport springs for the xDrive vehicles, they are only available for the standard RWD vehicles. But the xDrive suspension compatibility list says the standard RWD sport springs should work, or thats at least how I read and deciphered it.

If that is not the case I'm thinking of going full coilovers, my baby just went over 84k so It's something I need to be looking into soon.
WachYourBac is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #7
Joey_HiEars
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: TiAg 07 328xi
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fremont, CA

Posts: 238
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
If you decide to check out BC

BC Racing Extreme drop coils

Can't complain! Ride is chill, and no issues that I've had to worry about!
Attached Images
  
__________________
07' 328xi E90
www.HiEars.com
Instagram: Joey_HiEars

Joey_HiEars is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #8
dubsesd
Colonel
 
dubsesd's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4M coupe / X5 35d LCI /F150
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ottawa

Posts: 2,657
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearGuy2009 View Post
Nice drop and curious if you went with gloss or matte on your window trim? Looking to do that on my 335xi.
my trim is gloss factory because its a sport package. matching kidney grilles



__________________
2006 ///M Coupe TiAg / IR -- H&R coilovers/RPI exhaust/ZHP knob/19" Morr MS52 ONE hand brushed & polished/Stoptech 355mm 6/4 BBK/Turner strut bar/polished diagonal braces/m tower caps/tekarbon 2x2 coil cover/Michelin PSS/gloss black kidneys/painted gloss black roof/mstache 2 front lip/AFE dry intake/RPI forced induction/colormatch corners/black chrome //M badges/rear diffuser/aeroskirts/carbon sideskirt extentions/rogue mounts/DKF adjustable hangers/22%tint/euromode lighting/LED interior & plate lighting
dubsesd is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2013, 11:00 PM   #9
thegrinchboy
Lieutenant
 
Drives: '11 E90 N55 xDrive 6MT MSport
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH

Posts: 552
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WachYourBac View Post
I know there are no OEM sport springs for the xDrive vehicles, they are only available for the standard RWD vehicles. But the xDrive suspension compatibility list says the standard RWD sport springs should work, or thats at least how I read and deciphered it.

If that is not the case I'm thinking of going full coilovers, my baby just went over 84k so It's something I need to be looking into soon.
It was just an FYI and glad you knew

BTW, I started out with Eibach Sport/Koni Yellow and then went to ZSP/Koni Yellow on my 335xi. If I was doing this over again, I would consider KW Street Comfort for adjustable height and rebound, given the reviews on this forum.
thegrinchboy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #10
WachYourBac
E6 - SSG
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 328XI
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philadelphia

Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

I think I'm going to go with KW's either V1 or Street comfort. I like to do things once and do them right, so I'd rather save up and just get a good set of coilovers and package them with some 18" wheels and beefier tires. Any suggestions on set-ups?

225 front
255 rear with a 10mm spacer?

currently on 205 potenzas all around factory wheels and offset.
WachYourBac is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST