E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Fitting FFTEC Single turbo onto n55??

08-14-2013, 12:00 PM   #1
turugara
Major

Drives: 335i Coupe, 6 Speed

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.72]
Fitting FFTEC Single turbo onto n55??

So from my understanding, the n54 and the n55 turbos differ by a few mounting points. Conceivably it's can't be rocket science to change the mounting points for the existing twin scroll manifold and turbo for the n54 to fit the n55. I'm betting they are holding off until the tuning is out. Thoughts?

08-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #2
135Pats
The time has come.

Drives: 135i

The oiling would be a pain in the ass to re-route, but theoretically I’m sure they could hack up the manifold to make it “fit”. You guys will get a big single at some point, then it’s a matter of seeing what the bottom end will take. To my knowledge there aren’t many (any?) N55s running around with much more than 400 whp or so.

N54s have cleared 700 wheel on completely stock head+crank, but I have a feeling rods and pistons are going to start running in opposite directions pretty soon. So we’ll have to see how far the 55 can be pushed. Def. an exciting time for you guys though with the Stg2 options brewing.
E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586R/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/Macht Schnell 3"/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS DCI/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/PTF E50/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
135Pats is offline   United_States