E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Vishnu Very Bad Business

09-25-2007, 09:38 AM   #111
Raz335
Major

Drives: BMW M3 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railgun View Post
Ok...so let me be clear here. To those who are going off calling people cry babies, to relax, blah blah, I hope that it doesn't refer to me. If it was, instead of citing specific examples, I'll just say you're all idiots and do your research on why I'm going off the way I am.

Now, I received it yesterday, so I will say that was it worth to wait? You bet. I NEVER said anything about "where is it? I want it!" EVER! Again...spell it with me...C-O-M-M-U-N-I-C-A-T-I-O-N! And to whomever it was that said we don't know about the Cali laid back thing...WTF ever. You're a bigger idiot. I don't care where the hell you are. Business is buisness. Take care of it. To anyone who thinks that it's ok, then you're all idiots too.

I can't believe that some of you think that it's ok so long as there's a good product. I hope to hell that you don't end up in some position of power as it will be a sad day for those around you or the industry you're in.

Unfreakin' believable some of you.

Here's an idea...next time your at your dealership for service, don't bitch that it takes sooooooooooooo long (read:weeks) and they don't call you back to tell you what's up. But you know that they'll do the job correctly.

Or the next time you're getting tires put on, but it takes 6 hours and you're wondering why it's taking so long...but they're REALLY good tires that you're getting.

Or you're sitting on a train to or from work and it stops...hours go by and no one's telling you a thing.

And don't even THINK of arguing against these points lest you all be labeled hypocrites.

Where's the smiley that's banging his head into a brick wall?

So thank you Shiv, et all for making a seemingly rock solid product. But that does NOT excuse you from the obvious lack of business fundamentals.
+1000000 Business is business. Don't offer a product if you can't deliver it. This has nothing to do with being a "cry baby"...it's just a matter of professionalism.
      09-25-2007, 09:43 AM   #112
Railgun
Major

Drives: FD, CBR600RR, R56 JCW

Send a message via ICQ to Railgun Send a message via AIM to Railgun Send a message via MSN to Railgun Send a message via Yahoo to Railgun Send a message via Skype™ to Railgun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz335 View Post
Don't offer a product if you can't deliver it.
Well...don't misconstrue my point. I'm not saying "if you can't deliver it", as they obviously can. I'm pointing out the communication piece. And again, my situation is a little different I believe. Refer to another thread I started. Just search and you'll find it.
Railgun is offline   United Kingdom
      09-25-2007, 10:01 AM   #113
Raz335
Major

Drives: BMW M3 Convertible

Quote:
Well...don't misconstrue my point. I'm not saying "if you can't deliver it", as they obviously can. I'm pointing out the communication piece. And again, my situation is a little different I believe. Refer to another thread I started. Just search and you'll find it.
Understood. I was just adding my .02 in addition to what you said.
      09-25-2007, 10:37 AM   #114
Railgun
Major

Send a message via ICQ to Railgun Send a message via AIM to Railgun Send a message via MSN to Railgun Send a message via Yahoo to Railgun Send a message via Skype™ to Railgun
NP.
      09-25-2007, 03:54 PM   #115
MBMWTECH
BMW TECH

Drives: 2008 328I SEDAN - 2008 BMW 750

Quote:
Ok...so let me be clear here. To those who are going off calling people cry babies, to relax, blah blah, I hope that it doesn't refer to me. If it was, instead of citing specific examples, I'll just say you're all idiots and do your research on why I'm going off the way I am.

Now, I received it yesterday, so I will say that was it worth to wait? You bet. I NEVER said anything about "where is it? I want it!" EVER! Again...spell it with me...C-O-M-M-U-N-I-C-A-T-I-O-N! And to whomever it was that said we don't know about the Cali laid back thing...WTF ever. You're a bigger idiot. I don't care where the hell you are. Business is buisness. Take care of it. To anyone who thinks that it's ok, then you're all idiots too.

I can't believe that some of you think that it's ok so long as there's a good product. I hope to hell that you don't end up in some position of power as it will be a sad day for those around you or the industry you're in.

Unfreakin' believable some of you.

Here's an idea...next time your at your dealership for service, don't bitch that it takes sooooooooooooo long (read:weeks) and they don't call you back to tell you what's up. But you know that they'll do the job correctly.

Or the next time you're getting tires put on, but it takes 6 hours and you're wondering why it's taking so long...but they're REALLY good tires that you're getting.

Or you're sitting on a train to or from work and it stops...hours go by and no one's telling you a thing.

And don't even THINK of arguing against these points lest you all be labeled hypocrites.

Where's the smiley that's banging his head into a brick wall?

So thank you Shiv, et all for making a seemingly rock solid product. But that does NOT excuse you from the obvious lack of business fundamentals.
Id have to agree with you - I think many people are afraid to say anything negative about vishnu fearing they might be "black listed" and will never receive their v2. Its about business here and clearly there is a problem with the way vishnu does it. I have nothing but for shiv and what he does but It doesnt take but a few seconds to keep your customers updated with information. once again its not about the delay but about the lack of communication and information about the v2 release. (no "revised" release date, no dyno numbers, basically no information - just speculation) we need some hard information.
MBMWTECH is offline   United_States
      09-25-2007, 04:18 PM   #116
Railgun
Major

Just to clarify, I was not specifically referring to the V2, but rather my initial purchase, however, the same thing applies.

I appreciate the backing nonetheless.
      09-25-2007, 05:55 PM   #117
E90ice
Banned

Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBMWTECH View Post
Id have to agree with you - I think many people are afraid to say anything negative about vishnu fearing they might be "black listed" and will never receive their v2. Its about business here and clearly there is a problem with the way vishnu does it. I have nothing but for shiv and what he does but It doesnt take but a few seconds to keep your customers updated with information. once again its not about the delay but about the lack of communication and information about the v2 release. (no "revised" release date, no dyno numbers, basically no information - just speculation) we need some hard information.
+1

And it's funny how all these people that ordered first, when Vishnu posted the link by "mistake" 2 hours before the release date, they are the ones talking crap about everybody else and defending Shiv.

I'm just curious if Slfgator, for example, whould give up his spot to me, since he ordered among the first and is in no rush to receive his V2.
      09-25-2007, 08:26 PM   #118
Mattscott
Major General

Drives: 2007 335i E90

Send a message via AIM to Mattscott
Quote:
Originally Posted by xedeboy View Post
From a management point of view a sharp $36k/yr US enthusiast should be appointed Vishnu forum liaison to communicate information and assist with order processing and the other day to day minutia. At least until things smooth over. This person could be on hand to answer any call that came in, and be informed enough to give technical assistance. Customers should always get a live and informed voice on the other end.
Thats a good idear
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Mattscott is offline   United_States
      09-28-2007, 12:15 AM   #119
6Zylinder
appreciate your car

Drives: BMW 335i built 07/06

The Ultimate Driving Machine...
      09-28-2007, 08:40 PM   #120
335lvr
Major

Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90ice View Post
+1

And it's funny how all these people that ordered first, when Vishnu posted the link by "mistake" 2 hours before the release date, they are the ones talking crap about everybody else and defending Shiv.

I'm just curious if Slfgator, for example, whould give up his spot to me, since he ordered among the first and is in no rush to receive his V2.
Huh? Not me. No one is happy about the delay and I do wish they would provide more info (which they seem to have been doing lately). The Vishnu support forum is like a ghost town...it's not till I post here do I get an answer. On the other hand, I know they are extremely busy and doing their best to get the product out and to support their existing customers. They just can't win....if you give hard dates on a release and something goes wrong they didn't anticipate..they lose. If they stay quiet until the product is ready...they lose.

Secondly, I don't buy this blacklisted stuff. Except for Terry, of course. I don't see Vishnu refusing to sell a product because of some negativity.

Lastly, I think Vishnu is being smart by not divulging too much info about the release. With all the copycats out there, you don't want someone taking your idea before you even release it! He's been burned once before because of this. 'Nuff said.
      09-29-2007, 10:51 AM   #121
2007_E93
Captain

Drives: ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
Wuddya mean I have to wait 3 months for you to build my car? You are a dealership and should have them on the lot RIGHT NOW! So wait, you are charging my card a deposit to place the order and secure my price but I wont ACTUALLY be driving something for a few months?

How many of you really went through the above when you were getting your car? How many of you really felt that way? Its a 40k+ car that you had no problem waiting 3-5 months for so whats the big deal of $150 out of your pocket for 1-2 months?

I think some people just like to find things to complain about and try to get others to follow. Dont you have something better to do? Go out and play ball with your kid. If you are a kid, go play ball with your dad.
I usually agree with you but on this point I have to disagree. When BMW dealership not BMW NA charges you $1k this is about 2% of your car cost and that is to show good faith (IMO) that you are serious about your purchase befor ethey build a UNIQUE vehicle for YOU. If Shiv wants to cahrge 2% or about $25 then I think there would be less complaints. When BMW tells you YOUR car is scheduled for build on whatever week....IT IS!! You can EXPECT IT about 4-5 weeks later including shipping. Also, those of us still deciding on when to purchase Procede are becoming reluctant to buy a product from someone that does not seem to provide quality support or timely info or whatever. He really needs to shape up his business if he wants to make even more money. It seems he is content with his profits now and is not serious about making it REALLY BIG. He has a HUGE opportunity that he is sqaundering by making many people pissed off.

Why not develop everything under wraps and in as much secrecy and then when your are ready for prime time make them available. NO DELAYS and no BS about production changes etc. The delays and BS makes him be PERCIEVED as unprofessional and disorganized.....Then,.....PERCEPTION IS REALITY. If he did more prep up front and less hype he would have more satisfied people.

Just my .02
      09-29-2007, 10:37 PM   #122
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: Bimmerscoding.com

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
enjoy V1.47 just think when Christmas times comes we have a nice present for ourselves...Don't think about it and just have fun with the car....Enough said....obviously all the complaining is not going to make V2 ready...Shivs said of a couple of things that needed to be worked out because of the ECU fuse...Be patient...I am probably 1000+ in line for the upgrade but i will tell you this, i am loving my car and the beast within with what i have now!!!
cn555ic is offline   United_States
      09-29-2007, 10:52 PM   #123
Garrett
Banned

Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:

Has Vishnnu's PROcede v2.0 been released..?

There is a delay, correct? So is that why are all these 12 year olds crying and whinning..? :sad0147:

People are so enamered with PROcede 1.47 that their complaining that the V2.0 was delayed? Meaning THEY have to WAIT? I understand some were errantly charged, yet the product wasn't shipped, but wasn't that resolved?

So, as of Sept 29th, where is there a reasoning behind all the complaining/bitching/whining or the lack of self controlled "I am a 12 year old" style of posts comming from..?

It is not as if your car is broken, or that your current software(PROcede1.47) isn't what you purchased or hasn't been supported. This is a new product... thats been delayed.

Deal with it!

-Garrett
      09-29-2007, 11:45 PM   #124
schneid4323
Banned

Drives: 335i, M6

Send a message via AIM to schneid4323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post

There is a delay, correct? So is that why are all these 12 year olds crying and whinning..? :sad0147:

People are so enamered with PROcede 1.47 that their complaining that the V2.0 was delayed? Meaning THEY have to WAIT? I understand some were errantly charged, yet the product wasn't shipped, but wasn't that resolved?

So, as of Sept 29th, where is there a reasoning behind all the complaining/bitching/whining or the lack of self controlled "I am a 12 year old" style of posts comming from..?

It is not as if your car is broken, or that your current software(PROcede1.47) isn't what you purchased or hasn't been supported. This is a new product... thats been delayed.

Deal with it!

-Garrett
You need to quit posting.
schneid4323 is offline   United_States
      09-30-2007, 12:58 AM   #125
infamous335i
Captain

Drives: 2007 AW 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to infamous335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by schneid4323 View Post
You need to quit posting.
.. grabs popcorn
      09-30-2007, 08:15 AM   #126
yahtzee
El Capitan

Drives: fast

I understand the delay is fuse related but is that 335i specific? I drive an 08 535i and ordered V2 when it was first available (already own 1.47). I tried asking for an update on Vishnu Forums w/no answer (I heard crickets, maybe they will know). Anyone have an idea?
yahtzee is offline   United_States
      09-30-2007, 08:15 AM   #127
yahtzee
El Capitan

Drives: fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamous335i View Post
.. grabs popcorn
Do you also say PIN number and ATM machine?
yahtzee is offline   United_States
      10-02-2007, 11:28 AM   #128
MBMWTECH
BMW TECH

Do you even have a 335? I suggest you keep your .02 in your pocket so you can save up to buy a real car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post

Deal with it!

-Garrett
      10-02-2007, 11:40 AM   #129
HyperM3
Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort

Drives: See Sig

Send a message via AIM to HyperM3 Send a message via Yahoo to HyperM3
Quote:
Do you even have a 335? I suggest you keep your .02 in your pocket so you can save up to buy a real car
I bet the guys with the 4.8is X5's are thinking the same thing about you. PPFFFTT you got the 3.0. Couldnt afford a better model huh?

Thats what you sound like.
HyperM3 is offline   United_States
      10-02-2007, 11:45 AM   #130
MBMWTECH
BMW TECH

The 3.0 is my wifes car - she cant drive as it is -- the last thing she needs is a 4.4 or 4.8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
I bet the guys with the 4.8is X5's are thinking the same thing about you. PPFFFTT you got the 3.0. Couldnt afford a better model huh?

Thats what you sound like.
      10-03-2007, 11:37 PM   #131
infamous335i
Captain

Drives: 2007 AW 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to infamous335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahtzee View Post
Do you also say PIN number and ATM machine?