E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Achu's E93 3DIRTY5 Build Thread [PIC HEAVY] - story time on pg. 15 :)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #45
sives
Private First Class
 
Drives: Saving to get a e46 m3 ;)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: london, uk

Posts: 178
iTrader: (0)

Yikes Not been on here for a while. Nice car mate. What a change you have done.

When i saw the csl style bootlid in the beginning i was, i wonder what is he gonna do.

Like the change of colour mate. Similar to redish/orange e92 of one of the Surrey Projects. It good to be different.

The look of the 1M bumper on the e9x , make it look more aggressive. Wished they did it for a e46 m3, which you can get here. When i get mine i am tempted to source one from the states.

Sadly i was not able to make the Gaydon event but will be going for the next one(Players one).

I think i have seen your old e46 about in Harrow ends. Used to be around that area seeing some of my cuzs and mates.

In terms of the alloys mate, I would wait and get some original 2 piece split alloys.

Thats what i have been doing recently, looking for the right one, so that when i get the new car i can just bolt them on for show season. Then use the current BBS RS-GT reps as a winter setup. Good luck with the find mate.

Also one mod which can make the car stand out more is changing the colour of the leather.

Done it on mine, Check out the Evotecknik forum or e46zone one. Got a thread about it. Pm if you have any question about it.

Looking forward to the rest of the mods. Good luck.
sives is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #46
old grey steve
335i E Maps Re Map, VRSF Catless DownPipes & More.
 
old grey steve's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i SE
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: UK in Hertfordshire

Posts: 975
iTrader: (2)

Brave set of mods,especially the wrap, and the boot lid, but its so individual you've got to to the end result, with a different set of wheels that you are currently on the lookout for this will really pull the cars overall look off to the next level. But very commendable in my eyes.
old grey steve is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      08-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #47
ceaton88
Lieutenant
 
ceaton88's Avatar
 
Drives: 325i E92
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: West Sussex, UK

Posts: 431
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
E92 325i  [5.00]
1M front bumper & Vorsteiner boot lid are too sexy!! Great work
ceaton88 is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2013, 03:00 AM   #48
kayfaz
Lieutenant
 
kayfaz's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 320d M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Reading, UK

Posts: 404
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Stunning car! love the colour

I see that you have front window tints as well....you haven't been pulled over yet? lol
__________________
E92 M Sport pre-lci | LED Angel Eyes | Performance Spoiler | Smoked LED Indicators | LED Interior lighting | Gloss Black Performances Grills | Rear light window tint | Shadowline trim | 12" Sub and AMP in boot | H&R Springs
kayfaz is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #49
achu
Captain
 
Drives: E93 335i
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: London

Posts: 830
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sives View Post
Yikes Not been on here for a while. Nice car mate. What a change you have done.

When i saw the csl style bootlid in the beginning i was, i wonder what is he gonna do.

Like the change of colour mate. Similar to redish/orange e92 of one of the Surrey Projects. It good to be different.

The look of the 1M bumper on the e9x , make it look more aggressive. Wished they did it for a e46 m3, which you can get here. When i get mine i am tempted to source one from the states.

Sadly i was not able to make the Gaydon event but will be going for the next one(Players one).

I think i have seen your old e46 about in Harrow ends. Used to be around that area seeing some of my cuzs and mates.

In terms of the alloys mate, I would wait and get some original 2 piece split alloys.

Thats what i have been doing recently, looking for the right one, so that when i get the new car i can just bolt them on for show season. Then use the current BBS RS-GT reps as a winter setup. Good luck with the find mate.

Also one mod which can make the car stand out more is changing the colour of the leather.

Done it on mine, Check out the Evotecknik forum or e46zone one. Got a thread about it. Pm if you have any question about it.

Looking forward to the rest of the mods. Good luck.
haha thanks man appreciate the feedback! yeah i think i'm gonna wait for some genuine split rim but probably get me some fake LMs for the winter, need me some new front tyres soon i think... and ha i was thinking about changing the leathers, but i got this whole black and blue theme going, might keep at it


Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
Brave set of mods,especially the wrap, and the boot lid, but its so individual you've got to to the end result, with a different set of wheels that you are currently on the lookout for this will really pull the cars overall look off to the next level. But very commendable in my eyes.
thanks man! people said everything i did was brave but i had a picture in my head and its turning out to look exactly like what i wanted but i appreciate your comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceaton88 View Post
1M front bumper & Vorsteiner boot lid are too sexy!! Great work
haha indeed they are... not sure if its Vorsteiner or CSL but who cares


Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfaz View Post
Stunning car! love the colour

I see that you have front window tints as well....you haven't been pulled over yet? lol
loool not yet! i had the same tints on my old e46, only got stopped by undercovers and they didn't even get outta the car, they just told me to peel it off but i sold the car before i had a chance to hopefully i don't get any issues because i really like the look of them!




guys, i have a couple of big updates i wanna post tomorrow just need to take some good quality pictures but be excited!
__________________
2007 E93 335i 6MT

Facebook: Achu Ckr|Twitter: AchuCkr|Instagram: AchuCKR|Flickr: AchuCKR|G+: achu.ckr
THE BUILD THREAD|COMPILATION OF PHOTOS
achu is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #50
Josh1a1h
Brigadier General
 
Josh1a1h's Avatar
 
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central North to West London

Posts: 3,683
iTrader: (2)

Spill da beans boi!!!!
Josh1a1h is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #51
Shere
Second Lieutenant
 
Shere's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 325i SE Auto (2007)
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: West London

Posts: 274
iTrader: (0)

Tease
Shere is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #52
gaza01
Lieutenant Colonel
 
gaza01's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: London

Posts: 1,813
iTrader: (3)

Achu that is NOT allowed! Get the pics up naaooow!!!
gaza01 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #53
achu
Captain
 
Drives: E93 335i
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: London

Posts: 830
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1a1h View Post
Spill da beans boi!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shere View Post
Tease
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaza01 View Post
Achu that is NOT allowed! Get the pics up naaooow!!!
ohh god, i think i've over hyped it lool... but here's a bad quality teaser

__________________
2007 E93 335i 6MT

Facebook: Achu Ckr|Twitter: AchuCkr|Instagram: AchuCKR|Flickr: AchuCKR|G+: achu.ckr
THE BUILD THREAD|COMPILATION OF PHOTOS
achu is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #54
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
 
AWBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 4,526
iTrader: (3)

Well seeing as I can't spot anything different (apologies If I've missed anything obvious), I think you've gone ahead and bought some wheels!!
__________________

Now: E92 335D, Custom Cars Branded
Gone But Not Forgotten: E90 320D Alpine White
AWBimmer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #55
achu
Captain
 
Drives: E93 335i
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: London

Posts: 830
iTrader: (0)

updaaatteeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Well seeing as I can't spot anything different (apologies If I've missed anything obvious), I think you've gone ahead and bought some wheels!!
ahh you deep guy! after i spent so much money as well, you don't even notice lol joke, i sound like a woman... nah it's pretty hard to tell from that photo but i got me some lows (i wish i could get some new wheels, but ima save up til summer, then i can get some nice split rims )

this is before:


front:

i could literally stick my fist in there and everybody knows when you can stick a fist in something, it's usually not that great

and the rear:

not as bad as the front, but still bad...

and this is how she sits now:



(man that ass is just so sexy, if i say so myself lol)

this is the rear now:


and this is the front:


i am yet to get the wheels aligned and the stance perfected, i like how the back sits, but the front can go down another 2cm i think, that should give it the stance i want can anyone recommend me a place to do this, i've heard feltham tyres is good?

anyways, this is the brand i went with:



not gonna lie, the ride has just gone out the window... it's very jiggly and hard on bumps, i've suddenly noticed a lot more potholes lol... but i guess some of the ride is due to having RFTs... ima try find some fake BBS LMs for the time being so the ride gets better... but the handling is immense! i can push in corners like a crazy person and it just keeps gripping! the car stays flat, and my god, it's such a joy to drive! i love it i think for me the compromise in ride is worth it, but for the average user i doubt it... my dad hates the new setup and he has an e60 m-sport on 18" RFTs so says a lot lol...

and on top of that update... i got me some CIC action


was it worth it? mmmm i dont really think 1g but maybe 500... i was expecting iPod connectivity but i need a combox (maybe a later upgrade) and the mp3 collection is very basic (shows file names instead of track names and there's no track, artist or album search function so it's difficult to find certain tracks)... the satnav is amazing and the whole interface is so so good... a lot of people say CCC is like a child's computer and CIC is a macbook, but realistically i say the upgrade is going from Windows 95 to Windows XP - it's a big upgrade, but is it really worth the monies! selling my old CCC should make the price of this more justifiable though, but it was definitely a great upgrade and i love using it! (also i'm pretty sure the sound quality got better, probably a better amp in the unit)...

also i love the new controller:

looks much more modern! as good looking as the new audi systems

anyways, just to finish off, i took some HDRs:




next up i got a load of little things to do again... m3 steering wheel, lci tail lights, wrap the interior trim, engine bay respray, brake calliper paint, and put some mesh into the front bumper holes

hope you enjoyed the pictures and read!
__________________
2007 E93 335i 6MT

Facebook: Achu Ckr|Twitter: AchuCkr|Instagram: AchuCKR|Flickr: AchuCKR|G+: achu.ckr
THE BUILD THREAD|COMPILATION OF PHOTOS
achu is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #56
Josh1a1h
Brigadier General
 
Josh1a1h's Avatar
 
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central North to West London

Posts: 3,683
iTrader: (2)

LOOKS GREAT MATE! the lows are aweomse! BUT Before yu got lower... get some spacers asap!!! Your wheels are lost in the archers, and the lows arent noticed as much as the wheel sunk.

The CIC Looks awesome, but i am thinking the same thoughts mate ...

Shots look great! Pics came out nicely!

What are you going to wrap the interior with?
Josh1a1h is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #57
achu
Captain
 
Drives: E93 335i
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: London

Posts: 830
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1a1h View Post
LOOKS GREAT MATE! the lows are aweomse! BUT Before yu got lower... get some spacers asap!!! Your wheels are lost in the archers, and the lows arent noticed as much as the wheel sunk.

The CIC Looks awesome, but i am thinking the same thoughts mate ...

Shots look great! Pics came out nicely!

What are you going to wrap the interior with?
i think some spacers will cause rubbing? i need to roll my rear arches still lol... but yeah i get you
i would say CIC is something you should do when you have the cash lying around and have nothing else to mod, i slightly regret doing it so early....
the interior is gonna get wrapped the same colour as the car, it should give a good flow from interior to exterior, especially with the roof down
__________________
2007 E93 335i 6MT

Facebook: Achu Ckr|Twitter: AchuCkr|Instagram: AchuCKR|Flickr: AchuCKR|G+: achu.ckr
THE BUILD THREAD|COMPILATION OF PHOTOS
achu is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #58
AdamC
Captain
 
AdamC's Avatar
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: West Midlands - UK

Posts: 708
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Car looks sick with the roof down.
What rebound settings are you using on the BC's? Few others are running them on here and haven't heard about too much compromise in the ride quality before. Maybe have to try fiddling with the settings a bit.
AdamC is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #59
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
 
AWBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 4,526
iTrader: (3)

Achu looks LEGIT, the HD pics have come out HARD! Good ma for BCs, I've certainly not felt a compromise. I did feel with FTs they were pretty hard and I wasn't feeling great but dude, switch to Non RFTs and the difference Is night and day! So much grip, softness and traction. Don't compromise on tyres either... go mid table onwards tyre wise...
__________________

Now: E92 335D, Custom Cars Branded
Gone But Not Forgotten: E90 320D Alpine White
AWBimmer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #60
1sh@Crystalwhite
Banned
 
Drives: E92 Space Grey
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: All over the UK!

Posts: 907
iTrader: (19)

Stunning!!! Awesome work mate! Look forward to seeing this badboy in person!

I agree with Josh - get them wheels spaced out!
1sh@Crystalwhite is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #61
PJJD
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: Working towards an e92 M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ireland

Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

As said, it looks awesome with the roof down! Bit OCD about interior air vents?
PJJD is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #62
achu
Captain
 
Drives: E93 335i
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: London

Posts: 830
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamC View Post
Car looks sick with the roof down.
What rebound settings are you using on the BC's? Few others are running them on here and haven't heard about too much compromise in the ride quality before. Maybe have to try fiddling with the settings a bit.
lol thanks, i just realised, these are the first proper photos i've taken with the roof down! ahh i don't even know, i need to read up about them, but i think they're somewhere between the middle and the hardest settings lol... probably hardest seeing as most people think the ride is okay? i'll get the alignment people to sort it out


Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Achu looks LEGIT, the HD pics have come out HARD! Good ma for BCs, I've certainly not felt a compromise. I did feel with FTs they were pretty hard and I wasn't feeling great but dude, switch to Non RFTs and the difference Is night and day! So much grip, softness and traction. Don't compromise on tyres either... go mid table onwards tyre wise...
yeah i've heard! RFTs are so stupid yeahhh, i was probably gonna go for Vredesteins cos i like the tread design lool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sh@Crystalwhite View Post
Stunning!!! Awesome work mate! Look forward to seeing this badboy in person!

I agree with Josh - get them wheels spaced out!
i'm gonna be at Santapod BMW show so if you come down, you can see it i might have a look into spacers, but they're not even the winter wheels i want so probably no point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJJD View Post
As said, it looks awesome with the roof down! Bit OCD about interior air vents?
thanks man! ahahaha I didn't even notice the air vents!


a little update to happen soon, one of the little things i need done got a box waiting to be opened!
__________________
2007 E93 335i 6MT

Facebook: Achu Ckr|Twitter: AchuCkr|Instagram: AchuCKR|Flickr: AchuCKR|G+: achu.ckr
THE BUILD THREAD|COMPILATION OF PHOTOS
achu is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2013, 05:05 PM   #63
AWBimmer
Brigadier General
 
AWBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 4,526
iTrader: (3)

Spill the beans LOL!
__________________

Now: E92 335D, Custom Cars Branded
Gone But Not Forgotten: E90 320D Alpine White
AWBimmer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2013, 03:13 AM   #64
Josh1a1h
Brigadier General
 
Josh1a1h's Avatar
 
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central North to West London

Posts: 3,683
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by achu View Post

yeah i've heard! RFTs are so stupid yeahhh, i was probably gonna go for Vredesteins cos i like the tread design lool...



i'm gonna be at Santapod BMW show so if you come down, you can see it i might have a look into spacers, but they're not even the winter wheels i want so probably no point!



thanks man! ahahaha I didn't even notice the air vents!


a little update to happen soon, one of the little things i need done got a box waiting to be opened!
VREDS are AWESOME
So silent!!! Great Grip!!! They seem to wear well sooo far, maybe a little quick but worth it. Not much roll in the wall, more than my Michellin, but then again my 18" michellin were a crashier ride than my 19" vreds!!!

All about players mate
Shame it is on teh same day
Very impressive show cars there and you can get a whole lot more ideas from the VAG boys as they spend silly money and do some crazy custom stuff.

What about the air vents? am i missing something?

WHATS NEXT HUH!?
Josh1a1h is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #65
ibrahimbeg
2009 BSM E92, Coral Red Leather, MSport Highline
 
ibrahimbeg's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 BSM, Coral Red,MSport
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ilford, East London, UK

Posts: 267
iTrader: (3)

WOW have to say well done on a major transformation! i love the 1m bumper my mate Wafik got the same on his m3...also what colour is the wrap? i was thinking of doing the same but never really pulled the trigger on it
ibrahimbeg is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #66
achu
Captain
 
Drives: E93 335i
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: London

Posts: 830
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Spill the beans LOL!
lol soon soon, but it's a little change, don't get too hyped! :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1a1h View Post
VREDS are AWESOME
So silent!!! Great Grip!!! They seem to wear well sooo far, maybe a little quick but worth it. Not much roll in the wall, more than my Michellin, but then again my 18" michellin were a crashier ride than my 19" vreds!!!

All about players mate
Shame it is on teh same day
Very impressive show cars there and you can get a whole lot more ideas from the VAG boys as they spend silly money and do some crazy custom stuff.

What about the air vents? am i missing something?

WHATS NEXT HUH!?
ohh sik! seems like theyre the right tyres to go for

and i applied to get into the hangers for players (i knew it was unlikely) and that was gonna be the deciding factor for which show i went to! i love santapod and havent been for time so i guess players next year

and loool the air vents were all pointing in the same direction with all the controls at half :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrahimbeg View Post
WOW have to say well done on a major transformation! i love the 1m bumper my mate Wafik got the same on his m3...also what colour is the wrap? i was thinking of doing the same but never really pulled the trigger on it
thanks man colour is 3m matte metallic blue...
__________________
2007 E93 335i 6MT

Facebook: Achu Ckr|Twitter: AchuCkr|Instagram: AchuCKR|Flickr: AchuCKR|G+: achu.ckr
THE BUILD THREAD|COMPILATION OF PHOTOS
achu is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST