E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > 335d SCR / EGR/ SES issues please send me links and/or problems you have....



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-30-2013, 09:08 AM   #23
Puerto Rican 335d
1
Colonel
 
Puerto Rican 335d's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego Blue 335d
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Puerto Rico

Posts: 2,805
iTrader: (0)

Get DPF delete from RENNtech and remove DPF and continue on the whole exhaust system
__________________
RENNtech Flash/WAGNER IC
VMR710 19"/Execuhitch Hitch/Koni FSD
Soft Ride Bike Rack
Amsoil Cetane Boost Diesel Fuel Additive
Amsoil Diesel Fuel Additive Concentrate
Puerto Rican 335d is offline   Puerto Rico
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2013, 09:35 AM   #24
brice618
0
Private
 
Drives: Looking
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: St Louis, MO

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d View Post
Get DPF delete from RENNtech and remove DPF and continue on the whole exhaust system
What about emissions?
brice618 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2013, 09:44 AM   #25
Puerto Rican 335d
1
Colonel
 
Puerto Rican 335d's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego Blue 335d
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Puerto Rico

Posts: 2,805
iTrader: (0)

not worried about it I dont plan to move back to the states, i have a guy that will make my emissions pass
__________________
RENNtech Flash/WAGNER IC
VMR710 19"/Execuhitch Hitch/Koni FSD
Soft Ride Bike Rack
Amsoil Cetane Boost Diesel Fuel Additive
Amsoil Diesel Fuel Additive Concentrate
Puerto Rican 335d is offline   Puerto Rico
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2013, 08:10 PM   #26
rogerdiaz
0
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Durham,NC

Posts: 536
iTrader: (2)

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=771267&page=4

My last post attached has pdf. My JAG is initiating a draft letter on my behalf.
rogerdiaz is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2013, 11:58 AM   #27
CT_335D
0
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335d
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Connecticut, USA

Posts: 167
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerdiaz View Post
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=771267&page=4

My last post attached has pdf. My JAG is initiating a draft letter on my behalf.
Did you have to pay the CPO deductible of $50? Someone told me that major engine, SCR parts, and other parts are covered for 7 years or 70,000 miles. Check your 'Service Warranty' booklet to see what this 7/70k warranty actually covers.

The BMW rep wanted me to pay $50 for my CPO deductible, but when I mentioned that it should be covered under the 7/70k warranty, he waived the $50 deductible.
CT_335D is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2013, 12:31 PM   #28
floydarogers
0
Curmudgeon and Pedant
 
floydarogers's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 335d, 2014 328d
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bellevue, WA

Posts: 985
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_335D View Post
Did you have to pay the CPO deductible of $50? Someone told me that major engine, SCR parts, and other parts are covered for 7 years or 70,000 miles. Check your 'Service Warranty' booklet to see what this 7/70k warranty actually covers.

The BMW rep wanted me to pay $50 for my CPO deductible, but when I mentioned that it should be covered under the 7/70k warranty, he waived the $50 deductible.
Roger is in NC, which is not a CA Emissions state.
floydarogers is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #29
CT_335D
0
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335d
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Connecticut, USA

Posts: 167
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydarogers View Post
Roger is in NC, which is not a CA Emissions state.
I see. Thanks for the info.
CT_335D is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #30
Hoooper
0
Captain
 
Drives: 335D
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hayward, CA

Posts: 984
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydarogers View Post
Roger is in NC, which is not a CA Emissions state.
There is a federal 8/80k warranty on some emissions components, would have to check where each falls but I believe the 8/80k covers catalyst and ecu (DDE). At least in my opinion the scr/dpf/etc should covered under the 8/80k warranty since their use is effectively to perform the same functions as a cat. Of course, BMW would disagree.
Hoooper is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2013, 09:26 AM   #31
rogerdiaz
0
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 335d
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Durham,NC

Posts: 536
iTrader: (2)

new engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_335D View Post
I see. Thanks for the info.
My vehicle had 84,000 miles when I took it in for all this drama. None of those emissions warranties applied due to my mileage. It was all strictly the foreman getting involved and them honoring the Gold Extended Warranty. After more than a month, I now have a new engine, new dde, and new fuel injectors. I did pay the $50 deductible once. They tried to get me to do it 2-3 times.
rogerdiaz is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #32
CT_335D
0
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335d
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Connecticut, USA

Posts: 167
iTrader: (0)

So far, I had the following replaced on my 2009 BMW 335d which I purchased CPO at 46k miles:

1.) All engine valves (@ 48k miles)
2.) Cylinder head (@ 48k miles)
3.) All 6 fuel injectors (@ 48k miles)
4.) Urea pump and tank (@ 64k miles)
5.) Oxygen sensors
CT_335D is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #33
floydarogers
0
Curmudgeon and Pedant
 
floydarogers's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 335d, 2014 328d
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bellevue, WA

Posts: 985
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerdiaz View Post
.... It was all strictly the foreman getting involved and them honoring the Gold Extended Warranty. After more than a month, I now have a new engine, new dde, and new fuel injectors. I did pay the $50 deductible once. They tried to get me to do it 2-3 times.
Good that they are covering it with the extended warranty.

The warranty situation (factory, Federal emissions, CA emissions, CPO, extended*3) is infuriatingly complex. And IME the service advisors - and even the service manager - are totally and inadequately trained/knowledgeable about the ins-and-outs, resulting in seriously uneven application and service.
floydarogers is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #34
135i_vs_
0
Lieutenant
 
135i_vs_'s Avatar
 
Drives: M5(sold), 135i(sold), 335d
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NY

Posts: 519
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_335D View Post
So far, I had the following replaced on my 2009 BMW 335d which I purchased CPO at 46k miles:

1.) All engine valves (@ 48k miles)
2.) Cylinder head (@ 48k miles)
3.) All 6 fuel injectors (@ 48k miles)
4.) Urea pump and tank (@ 64k miles)
5.) Oxygen sensors
No DDE?...Interesting.
135i_vs_ is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #35
rockbien
0
New Member
 
Drives: 2009 335d
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Jersey

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_335D View Post
So far, I had the following replaced on my 2009 BMW 335d which I purchased CPO at 46k miles:

1.) All engine valves (@ 48k miles)
2.) Cylinder head (@ 48k miles)
3.) All 6 fuel injectors (@ 48k miles)
4.) Urea pump and tank (@ 64k miles)
5.) Oxygen sensors
This post will give me nightmares tonight! Just had 6 injectors replaced at 51k miles after P02D1 fault code. Not looking forward to what's next.
rockbien is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #36
montr
0
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2010 335d
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 274
iTrader: (0)

Here is my list (from memory, exact date and mileage are in file):

1) Swirl flap problem
1a) Urea pump, reservoir and urea injector.
2) Recall for EGR valve
3) New software
4) Injector #2 replaced at around 37K miles
5) Injector #2 again, 10 miles after first replacement
6) Injector #2 another time after about 2K miles later. New DDE software and reset SES light. No new injector. Car did not get a SES light right away. However, I still had the rough idle and had some stored shadow code about the injectors. Dealer could not do anything because shadow codes do not count, BMW will not pay.
7) Engine goes in limp mode. Dealer did not find a code, only shadow codes. Dealer told me that it take about 25 time for temporary fault to turn into a turn permanent SES light.
8) Injector #2 and #4 again around 43K miles. All 6 injectors are replaced and "indexed". I am not sure what is indexing. I think it has to do with the injector spray pattern alignment relative to the combustion chamber and flow matching.

I am now at 48K miles. I decided to keep the car and just bought an extended powertrain warranty. Since all 6 injectors have been replaced, I did not get the rough idle and hesitation that were common before. Time will tell.

Last edited by montr; 10-04-2013 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Added 1a
montr is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2013, 08:48 AM   #37
nonexistant
0
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Earth

Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

Do you plan to replace that list in another 48k miles... Or did all that fix the under lying issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by montr View Post
Here is my list (from memory, exact date and mileage are in file):

1) Swirl flap problem
1a) Urea pump, reservoir and urea injector.
2) Recall for EGR valve
3) New software
4) Injector #2 replaced at around 37K miles
5) Injector #2 again, 10 miles after first replacement
6) Injector #2 another time after about 2K miles later. New DDE software and reset SES light. No new injector. Car did not get a SES light right away. However, I still had the rough idle and had some stored shadow code about the injectors. Dealer could not do anything because shadow codes do not count, BMW will not pay.
7) Engine goes in limp mode. Dealer did not find a code, only shadow codes. Dealer told me that it take about 25 time for temporary fault to turn into a turn permanent SES light.
8) Injector #2 and #4 again around 43K miles. All 6 injectors are replaced and "indexed". I am not sure what is indexing. I think it has to do with the injector spray pattern alignment relative to the combustion chamber and flow matching.

I am now at 48K miles. I decided to keep the car and just bought an extended powertrain warranty. Since all 6 injectors have been replaced, I did not get the rough idle and hesitation that were common before. Time will tell.
nonexistant is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #38
montr
0
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2010 335d
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 274
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubulup View Post
Do you plan to replace that list in another 48k miles... Or did all that fix the under lying issue?
I cannot predict the future. At this time, I do not have any issues with the car and I have not been to the dealer for few months. I hope it will stay that way. Anyway, with the extended warranty, I am now covered up to 100K miles and 2017.
montr is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-07-2013, 07:53 AM   #39
CT_335D
0
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335d
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Connecticut, USA

Posts: 167
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i_vs_ View Post
No DDE?...Interesting.
DDE might have been done before I purchased it.
CT_335D is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-07-2013, 07:54 AM   #40
CT_335D
0
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335d
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Connecticut, USA

Posts: 167
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbien View Post
This post will give me nightmares tonight! Just had 6 injectors replaced at 51k miles after P02D1 fault code. Not looking forward to what's next.
Did you purchase the extended warranty?
CT_335D is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-07-2013, 12:19 PM   #41
taibanl
0
Brigadier General
 
taibanl's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NA

Posts: 3,604
iTrader: (4)

Egr cooler replaced due to sticky EGR flap. Code 4873
taibanl is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #42
rockbien
0
New Member
 
Drives: 2009 335d
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Jersey

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_335D View Post
Did you purchase the extended warranty?
Only powertrain. The manufacturers warranty expired without any issues. Since then I have had a bad wheel bearing, dry rotted vacuum lines, the 6 injectors, and maf sensor replaced. Just got it back last week on Monday. On Tuesday SES and limp mode . P0402 EGR max flow code. Taking it in tomorrow for service... again.
rockbien is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-07-2013, 10:27 PM   #43
mact3333
0
Captain
 
mact3333's Avatar
 
Drives: 11' Audi S4
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pacific NW

Posts: 781
iTrader: (1)

I like my car but I am not beyond calling it a POS!...car has too much drama....should have kept my M3.
mact3333 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      10-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #44
montr
0
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2010 335d
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 274
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by montr View Post
Here is my list (from memory, exact date and mileage are in file):

1) Swirl flap problem
1a) Urea pump, reservoir and urea injector.
2) Recall for EGR valve
3) New software
4) Injector #2 replaced at around 37K miles
5) Injector #2 again, 10 miles after first replacement
6) Injector #2 another time after about 2K miles later. New DDE software and reset SES light. No new injector. Car did not get a SES light right away. However, I still had the rough idle and had some stored shadow code about the injectors. Dealer could not do anything because shadow codes do not count, BMW will not pay.
7) Engine goes in limp mode. Dealer did not find a code, only shadow codes. Dealer told me that it take about 25 time for temporary fault to turn into a turn permanent SES light.
8) Injector #2 and #4 again around 43K miles. All 6 injectors are replaced and "indexed". I am not sure what is indexing. I think it has to do with the injector spray pattern alignment relative to the combustion chamber and flow matching.

I am now at 48K miles. I decided to keep the car and just bought an extended powertrain warranty. Since all 6 injectors have been replaced, I did not get the rough idle and hesitation that were common before. Time will tell.
I did not have the SES light ON for over 2K miles after all 6 injectors were replaced and I declared victory too soon. Today, again the SES is back ON.

Here is the list of codes:
4D03 Exhaust Back Pressure Sensor Bank #1 (DPF is too restrictive, clogged?)
4592
4593 These 2 codes are related to injector #2 and #4.
4D35 Reducing agent metering valve (Most likely the urea solution metering valve is clogged)

The car will be admitted to the shop next Monday.
montr is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST