E90Post

PYSPEED

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Muffler/exhaust

09-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #23
McAuley7
@McAuley7

Drives: 2007 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad325i
I know that you said you didnt like muffler delete and I was skeptical about it from the videos, but I got bored and just decided to do it and I am so pleased at the sound and volume level I achieved while spending only $75.

Like i seriously would recommend it to everyone. I didnt delete the resonator for fear it would be too loud and it is perfect deleting only the muffler. I LOVE mine.

I think the videos give wrong conclusion bc basically none of them have audio taken from a high quality mic.

just my opinion though.

mine doesnt "scream" yet sounds so perfect and is so far from ricey. There is a small crackle when you let off the gas in 1-3rd (6mt). I couldnt be happier.

$25 Y with dual 3" tips
$50 local exhaust shop custom pipe.

I dont find the PE worth the same amount as a decent set of coilovers.

I experience no noticeable torque loss, no highway drone, basically stock volume at under 2k rpm while driving, only loud when its pulling and a grin on my face everytime i start my car and pass a median/wall/truck/anything that reflects the sound at me.

Only downside is the loss of mpg i experianced ONLY bc i leave my car in lower gears just to hear the exhaust.
I might just have to do it lol