E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Free annual oil change?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-28-2013, 03:34 AM   #1
hmc
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2013 320i ZSP+ZMT
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: California

Posts: 48
iTrader: (0)

Free annual oil change?

Does BMW still provide annual low mileage oil service now?

My car service indicator says 15000 miles or 2 years (I understand starting from 2014 models, it changed to 10k or 1 yr)

Since the indicator also states the date (2 yrs), does it mean annual low mileage service no longer applies?
hmc is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-28-2013, 11:47 PM   #2
0w40X1
Private
 
Drives: 2014 BMW X1 s28i M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: West Texas

Posts: 96
iTrader: (0)

Picked up my Euro Delivery X1 May 29, and the service indicator said May 2015 -15k miles.

Received it back in Texas late Aug, and it said Aug 2014 -13k miles.

I don't think anyone touched the car except the dealer, since it still had some codes thrown like loose gas cap. etc.

So they must have been instructed to start using the one year from dealer pickup model, which started about first of summer.

I'll change the oil and test at Blackstone once before then, and then take their yearly changes.
0w40X1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2013, 11:29 PM   #3
Bigrob126
New Member
 
Drives: 2010 328i Coupe Auto
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 14
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmc View Post
Does BMW still provide annual low mileage oil service now?

My car service indicator says 15000 miles or 2 years (I understand starting from 2014 models, it changed to 10k or 1 yr)

Since the indicator also states the date (2 yrs), does it mean annual low mileage service no longer applies?

I was under the impression that the oil change time interval was ONE year if the required mileage had not been hit. Is it 2 years?

Just checked my service info......shows next oil in oct/14. Was last done oct/12!! So you are correct, it's 2 years. I'm not waiting 2 years!!

Last edited by Bigrob126; 09-29-2013 at 11:40 PM.
Bigrob126 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2013, 11:42 PM   #4
0w40X1
Private
 
Drives: 2014 BMW X1 s28i M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: West Texas

Posts: 96
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrob126 View Post
I was under the impression that the oil change time interval was ONE year if the required mileage had not been hit. Is it 2 years?
Mine started as two years, but now looks like one year from dealer pickup date. Looks like the changes will confuse even the dealers. I really don't even like anyone touching my oil. I want to visually inspect the oil filters, and send occasional oil sample to Blackstone.

Oil in the US is dirt cheap even for Mobil 1 0w40 which I'll use. While in Germany on Euro Delivery I looked at hardware store, and oil would cost 4-5 times more.

I have to take left wheel off on my Mazda Rx8 to change oil, so the X1 will be easy. I bought a nice filter take off tool from Amazon for $18 that will make it easy.
0w40X1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2013, 11:58 PM   #5
Bigrob126
New Member
 
Drives: 2010 328i Coupe Auto
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 14
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0w40X1 View Post
Mine started as two years, but now looks like one year from dealer pickup date. Looks like the changes will confuse even the dealers. I really don't even like anyone touching my oil. I want to visually inspect the oil filters, and send occasional oil sample to Blackstone.

Oil in the US is dirt cheap even for Mobil 1 0w40 which I'll use. While in Germany on Euro Delivery I looked at hardware store, and oil would cost 4-5 times more.

I have to take left wheel off on my Mazda Rx8 to change oil, so the X1 will be easy. I bought a nice filter take off tool from Amazon for $18 that will make it easy.
I'm the same way about anyone touching my ride! My dealer service guy said I was due THIS Oct for service, and I have an app on oct 14th for this, but I am gonna call tomorrow and double check and see!
Bigrob126 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST