E90Post
 


Horizon LED
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > BMW CODING success



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #4709
xelion
Banned
0
Rep
82
Posts

 
Drives: 320d
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygoat View Post
i need help with resetting the FRM as well.. if you guys can help id appreciate it!

thanks
Resetting? You should use EXPERTMODUS profile and SG_CODIEREN in NCS Expert, that's it.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #4710
cyrano
Banned
Poland
2
Rep
145
Posts

 
Drives: E61 530XD chipped
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Poland

iTrader: (0)

He is talking about S/C resetting not module resetting...

@Sillygoat

Use tool32, open related file from your frm version and try to find kurzschluss entry, now in argument place digits from 1-64 every time hitting f5 as execut job
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2013, 11:35 PM   #4711
hatton
Private First Class
hatton's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
113
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Zionsville IN/Ames IA

iTrader: (0)

Got it so that my orange LED were never on but amidst that now when i unlock the car the only welcome lights I get re the interiors and the door handle ones. I was also coding the fog lights to come on when unlocking the car. I set the "WL_NSW" to soft_einschalten. Now, no welcome lights on outside of car. 2008 335i coupe

EDIT: Wow sorry did not mean to post the whole code like that. Here's the info in .txt file if anyone could help.
Attached Files
File Type: txt nfrm code.txt (35.0 KB, 131 views)

Last edited by hatton; 10-06-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2013, 11:54 PM   #4712
Ali-323i
Lieutenant
Ali-323i's Avatar
Canada
6
Rep
512
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 323i (Cdn) 4dr E90
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 323i  [0.00]
In the future, if you want to post your full code file, please attach it as attachment.

If its a small snippet, then including the text in the message is a bit more manageable.

Good luck!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #4713
xelion
Banned
0
Rep
82
Posts

 
Drives: 320d
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Hatton, Switch light set to AUTO?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #4714
hatton
Private First Class
hatton's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
113
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Zionsville IN/Ames IA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelion View Post
Hatton, Switch light set to AUTO?
My switch is always set to Auto. Doesn't seem to be the problem.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #4715
xelion
Banned
0
Rep
82
Posts

 
Drives: 320d
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatton View Post
My switch is always set to Auto. Doesn't seem to be the problem.
Do you have iDrive?

If not you should set this up in your dash using BC stalk, there is a option to set welcome lights.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2013, 10:04 AM   #4716
vassil_bk
New Member
0
Rep
6
Posts

 
Drives: Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bulgaria

iTrader: (0)

Hi all,

Does any one know which are the options that control the angel eyes brightness?

Thank you,
Vassil
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2013, 10:28 AM   #4717
jc_bmw
Second Lieutenant
Canada
3
Rep
238
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i E90
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Markham, Ontario

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vassil_bk View Post
Hi all,

Does any one know which are the options that control the angel eyes brightness?

Thank you,
Vassil

PWM_SL_1_FKT_SL_TFL
change the value to wert_09
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #4718
FCobra94
Major
FCobra94's Avatar
16
Rep
1,411
Posts

 
Drives: '07 E90 335i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

Hmm...not sure why I'm having such a hard time with this. I can't even get the two black dots to light up yet

Followed the install instructions to a T (using Windows 7 64-bit with an ebay/shipped from USA cable). I also went over this thread countless times and tried a few fixes but still nothing:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480261

No errors appear until I start trying to enter the E90, etc. modules. I'm gonna give the install a go on my old Windows XP laptop and see if I get the same results...
__________________
'07 E90 335i - Automagic - Non-sport
Cobb AP|Alpina Flash|VRSF 7" FMIC|VRSF CP|TIAL BOV|cp-e DCI|Bilstein B6|E93 M3 FSB|SP Lowering Perches
Summer: Sonic Tuning ST100 - 18x8.5 ET35 - Conti DWS 245/40/18 - 10mm rear spacers
Winter: Style 159 - 17x8 ET34 - Michelin X-Ice Xi2 225/50/17 - 15mm rear spacers
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 06:05 AM   #4719
vassil_bk
New Member
0
Rep
6
Posts

 
Drives: Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bulgaria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_bmw View Post
PWM_SL_1_FKT_SL_TFL
change the value to wert_09
Hmm, I don't have this one... I guess I am with FRM2.

I search the whole .TRC file of the FRM module and I guess these are the only options that might be related to my question:
PWM_ANSTEUERUNG_SL_V
PWM_ANSTEUERUNG_SL_V_FL
PWM_ANSTEUERUNG_SL_V_AL
SL_V_PARKL_FKT
SL_V_PO_RL_FKT
SL_VERZOEGERUNG


I am not sure what the vert_0X values mean for each one of these...
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 06:52 AM   #4720
xelion
Banned
0
Rep
82
Posts

 
Drives: 320d
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vassil_bk View Post
Hmm, I don't have this one... I guess I am with FRM2.

I search the whole .TRC file of the FRM module and I guess these are the only options that might be related to my question:
PWM_ANSTEUERUNG_SL_V
PWM_ANSTEUERUNG_SL_V_FL
PWM_ANSTEUERUNG_SL_V_AL
SL_V_PARKL_FKT
SL_V_PO_RL_FKT
SL_VERZOEGERUNG


I am not sure what the vert_0X values mean for each one of these...
You need to use NCSdummy and Nettodat coding.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #4721
vassil_bk
New Member
0
Rep
6
Posts

 
Drives: Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bulgaria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelion View Post
You need to use NCSdummy and Nettodat coding.
I already used it. Here is what NCS Dummy says about these options:
PWM_ANSTEUERUNG_SL_V - PULSE-WIDTH MODULATION (PWM) CONTROL OF FRONT STANDING LIGHTS
PWM_ANSTEUERUNG_SL_V_FL - PULSE-WIDTH MODULATION (PWM) CONTROL OF FRONT PARKING/POSITION LIGHTS / LOW BEAM ANGEL EYES (DEPENDS ON CHASSIS) WITH HIGH BEAMS ON
PWM_ANSTEUERUNG_SL_V_AL - PULSE-WIDTH MODULATION (PWM) CONTROL OF FRONT PARKING/POSITION LIGHTS / LOW BEAM ANGEL EYES (DEPENDS ON CHASSIS) WITH LOW BEAMS ON
SL_V_PARKL_FKT - OUTPUT FRONT STANDING LIGHTS AS PARKING LIGHTS
SL_V_PO_RL_FKT - OUTPUT FRONT STANDING LIGHTS AS POSITION/TAIL LIGHTS
SL_VERZOEGERUNG

I just don't know to what voltage the wert_0X values correspond. I don't want to burn something while trying things I am not sure of...

Last edited by vassil_bk; 10-08-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 01:21 AM   #4722
AviatorBimmer
Banned
5
Rep
554
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i E92
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (4)

Quick question...

Can NCSExpert be used with the Bavarian Technic Scan Tool cable (Enthusiast Edition)?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 04:26 AM   #4723
MAKKNOWLES330I
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i N52 A22 E90
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: LAS VEGAS, NEVADA

iTrader: (0)

E90 Diy Coding W/windows 8

I NEED SOME HELP. I RECENTLY PURCHASED A 2006 BMW 330i WITH 45K MILES. THE VEHICLE IS IN MINT CONDITION. GOT A GREAT DEAL ON IT. I ABSOLUTLY LOVE THIS CAR. I PAYED AND HAD THE CORRECTFILEDOWLOADED ON MY LAPTOP TO CODE THE EXTRA FAETURES AVAILIBLE ON MY CAR. I HAVE WINDOWS 8 ON MY LAPTOP, AND I CANT SEEM TO GET THIS SOFTWARE TO WORK. IM STUCK AT THE POINT WHERE IAM SUPPOSED TO BE ALLOWING THE FIFO PORT TO ACCEPT THE SERIEL NUMBER. THERE IS NO WHERE ON MY COMPUTER WHERE YOU CAN CHANGE THE PORT SETTINGS. IVE BEEN SEARCHIN THESE THREADS, AND GOOGLE FOR DAYS AND CANT FIND ANYTHING. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. OR BETTER YET IF ANYONE IN IN THE LAS VEGAS AREA AND WANTS TO MAKE SOME $$$ AND CAN COME CODE MY CAR LET ME KNOW.. DESPERATE FOR SOME ASSITANCE
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 04:40 AM   #4724
MAKKNOWLES330I
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i N52 A22 E90
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: LAS VEGAS, NEVADA

iTrader: (0)

Free Coding Link And Software

I Just Paid For All These Coding Files. But I Canr Get It Ti Wirk With Windows 8. Anyone Who Needs All The Files I Can Foward Then To You.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 02:55 PM   #4725
MountainStone
Private
0
Rep
76
Posts

 
Drives: 08 335i Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Vegas, baby

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKKNOWLES330I View Post
I NEED SOME HELP. I RECENTLY PURCHASED A 2006 BMW 330i WITH 45K MILES. THE VEHICLE IS IN MINT CONDITION. GOT A GREAT DEAL ON IT. I ABSOLUTLY LOVE THIS CAR. I PAYED AND HAD THE CORRECTFILEDOWLOADED ON MY LAPTOP TO CODE THE EXTRA FAETURES AVAILIBLE ON MY CAR. I HAVE WINDOWS 8 ON MY LAPTOP, AND I CANT SEEM TO GET THIS SOFTWARE TO WORK. IM STUCK AT THE POINT WHERE IAM SUPPOSED TO BE ALLOWING THE FIFO PORT TO ACCEPT THE SERIEL NUMBER. THERE IS NO WHERE ON MY COMPUTER WHERE YOU CAN CHANGE THE PORT SETTINGS. IVE BEEN SEARCHIN THESE THREADS, AND GOOGLE FOR DAYS AND CANT FIND ANYTHING. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. OR BETTER YET IF ANYONE IN IN THE LAS VEGAS AREA AND WANTS TO MAKE SOME $$$ AND CAN COME CODE MY CAR LET ME KNOW.. DESPERATE FOR SOME ASSITANCE
Check the facebook group 'vegasbimmers.' There's a coder coming into town next week to do a few cars.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 08:56 PM   #4726
PichaDis11
Major
PichaDis11's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
1,022
Posts

 
Drives: 08 328i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
Hmm...not sure why I'm having such a hard time with this. I can't even get the two black dots to light up yet

Followed the install instructions to a T (using Windows 7 64-bit with an ebay/shipped from USA cable). I also went over this thread countless times and tried a few fixes but still nothing:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480261

No errors appear until I start trying to enter the E90, etc. modules. I'm gonna give the install a go on my old Windows XP laptop and see if I get the same results...

See the thread titled "Video Coding Setup" Should help you out
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #4727
PichaDis11
Major
PichaDis11's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
1,022
Posts

 
Drives: 08 328i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKKNOWLES330I View Post
I Just Paid For All These Coding Files. But I Canr Get It Ti Wirk With Windows 8. Anyone Who Needs All The Files I Can Foward Then To You.
See the thread titled "Video Guide- BMW Coding Setup" The OP used windows 8 for the tutorial also. Should be spot on for you as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 03:24 AM   #4728
vassil_bk
New Member
0
Rep
6
Posts

 
Drives: Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bulgaria

iTrader: (0)

Currently when I pull the stalk to splash some washer fluid on the windshield the wipers make 5 cleaning cycles. I want to change it to 3 for instance. Is there an option for this or this is hard-coded to 5 and can not be changed?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 10:05 PM   #4729
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
dlbrooks18's Avatar
52
Rep
3,583
Posts

 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

What is the code to keep rear parking lights on + taillights when headlights are on? Thanks.
__________________

2008 E90 335
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 01:50 AM   #4730
WhiteFury
Boooost!
WhiteFury's Avatar
10
Rep
728
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [1.88]
If i buy this cable does that mean all i need to do is download the BAV tech tool software to use as a scanner?
__________________

JB4 Stage 2 | Injen CAI | BMW PE | AR Catless DP | Alpina TCU Flash | Eibach Pro Kit | Custom TCKline Koni's | 19" RS7 Wheels | DWS Tires
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST