E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Introducing OpenFlash Tablet

10-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #1233
Wedge1967
Banned

Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rborane View Post
what supporting mods does vishnu list for stage 0 & stage 1 etc...
As far as I know stage 0 stock and stage 1 intake.
Wedge1967 is offline   United_States
      10-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #1234
wolfbane1967

Drives: BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
New maps and new rom support/XDFs coming in a few days. This includes Australian and Euro roms. As well as 335is and 1m. Just waiting to hear back from a few beta testers.
How is it going with this?
      10-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #1235
Transport3r
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Drives: N54 E92 & N52 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
New maps and new rom support/XDFs coming in a few days. This includes Australian and Euro roms. As well as 335is and 1m. Just waiting to hear back from a few beta testers.
Is this gonna include FBO maps?

10-12-2013, 09:02 PM   #1236
808AWD325xi
Ballin' out of control.

Drives: 2009 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967 View Post
Really depends on the fuel you have. I've ran Stage 1 on cars that are basically stock with only a drop in K&N filter without any issues. The cars pull really hard and the owners are very happy with the results. So if you load up stage 1 and it's too aggressive, you can always drop back to stage 0 until you get supporting mods.
I concur, I'm running stage 1 (tuned by Shiv) on a stock car (NGK plugs.) Works well, 336whp/387wtq, 61whp/100wtq gain.
808AWD325xi is offline   United_States
      10-20-2013, 11:46 PM   #1237
sesser
Private

Drives: '10 e90 6MT

Garage List
Perhaps I missed something, but how does one go about "erasing the device contents"? I just purchased a used OFT that still has the previous owners ROM in the original slot and there doesn't appear to be a way to delete said file.

10-21-2013, 01:35 AM   #1238
themyst
Major General

Drives: E90 335i LCI

Send a message via AIM to themyst
Quote:
Originally Posted by sesser View Post
Perhaps I missed something, but how does one go about "erasing the device contents"? I just purchased a used OFT that still has the previous owners ROM in the original slot and there doesn't appear to be a way to delete said file.

You'll need to send the unit back to the seller and make them uninstall the tune off their car.
      10-21-2013, 02:06 AM   #1239
3000GT MR
Captain

Drives: 09 335i/3000gt vr4

Quote:

Yeah the seller kind of screwed you. OFT needs to be divorced from the car it was previous on. You cant just buy one and tune 100 cars at the same time.
3000GT MR is offline   United_States
      10-21-2013, 08:11 AM   #1240
sesser
Private

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
You'll need to send the unit back to the seller and make them uninstall the tune off their car.
He said he uninstalled the tune from his car. Awesome.
      10-21-2013, 08:29 AM   #1241
sesser
Private

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3000GT MR View Post
Yeah the seller kind of screwed you. OFT needs to be divorced from the car it was previous on. You cant just buy one and tune 100 cars at the same time.
I don't think that was his intention as he said he uninstalled the tune from his car. Perhaps there's a lack of documentation on how one un-marries the device from the car.
      10-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #1242
Dmacc
Colonel

Drives: 2010 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesser

Aha!! Another person with my issue!!! No worries at all, it is not the seller's fault, he probably did unmarry it, but that option should always be lit up. You are using parallels. Everytime I use parallels, I cannot update my device, nor can I get that erase button to pop up. If you have access to a PC, and download the oft software, you will be able to update it properly, as well as erase all content on the device, wiping it, and enabling you to start your initial read.

You'll be good as long as you find a PC to connect to

thanks to MGallop
      10-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #1243
Dmacc
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3000GT MR
Quote:

[IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/120417/oft.png[/IMG]
In my case what I have seen is that even if someone does not unmarry the device from their car, whoever uses it next can erase all the data on the device no matter what to start it over as a new device.

This is what I did when updating from IJCOS to IJEOS. I went back to the origins file on IJCOS, then flashed the car with wedge and inpa to IJEOS, then plugged the oft into a PC, erased all data. Plugged the oft in the car and did the new initial read. No problems or issues, but then again my car still did have the same vin number. Hopefully it is just a platform issue and he can fix it by switching to a PC.

thanks to MGallop
      10-21-2013, 03:35 PM   #1244
WedgePerformance

Garage List
Quote:

The unit is locked to the VIN and the only way to fix this is to have Shiv reset the tablet. I did a recovery on a car in Australia last week and Shiv had to do a reset on the tablet so the owner could do a new read. You can't remove the base rom because it's a built in fail safe. So call Vishnu for assistance.
WedgePerformance is offline   United_States
      10-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #1245
Dmacc
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgePerformance
Quote:

The unit is locked to the VIN and the only way to fix this is to have Shiv reset the tablet. I did a recovery on a car in Australia last week and Shiv had to do a reset on the tablet so the owner could do a new read. You can't remove the base rom because it's a built in fail safe. So call Vishnu for assistance.
If the box option is still somehow greyed out after getting help from Vishnu, I would try a different computer, a PC instead of Mac. I know many including shiv use and have no problems with parallels, but in my case, it was plugging the tablet into a PC that allowed me to erase all data.

thanks to MGallop
      10-21-2013, 04:27 PM   #1246
mrmax1984
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2008 E92 335i

I read through a couple of pages here, but I still have some questions: Is this a replacement for the INPA tools from BMW, or the tuning solutions from BMS/Procede/Cobb? Does it do things the aforementioned don't? I know from reading that you can't code injectors with it, but what else can it not do? So far I've run into battery registration and soon-to-be adaptive headlight unit replacement/coding. Does it do those?
      10-21-2013, 05:20 PM   #1247
WedgePerformance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmax1984 View Post
I read through a couple of pages here, but I still have some questions: Is this a replacement for the INPA tools from BMW, or the tuning solutions from BMS/Procede/Cobb? Does it do things the aforementioned don't? I know from reading that you can't code injectors with it, but what else can it not do? So far I've run into battery registration and soon-to-be adaptive headlight unit replacement/coding. Does it do those?
No... There might be some additional reset options that will be included in the future, but it's not an INPA replacement.
      10-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #1248
sesser
Private

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacc View Post
Aha!! Another person with my issue!!! No worries at all, it is not the seller's fault, he probably did unmarry it, but that option should always be lit up. You are using parallels. Everytime I use parallels, I cannot update my device, nor can I get that erase button to pop up. If you have access to a PC, and download the oft software, you will be able to update it properly, as well as erase all content on the device, wiping it, and enabling you to start your initial read.

I just dropped off the package to be shipped back to the seller this morning... Must be a Monday...
      10-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #1249
Dmacc
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesser
Quote:

I just dropped off the package to be shipped back to the seller this morning... Must be a Monday...
No worries, if all goes well you should be good to go when you get it back! If somehow the same problem still persists, try a PC and see if changes.

thanks to MGallop
      10-22-2013, 10:04 AM   #1250
lol slow
2BRK4M3

Drives: 2007 335i Autotragic

Quote:
I'm really sorry. I honestly thought I unflashed it, honest mistake didn't mean to cause any issues or "screw you" as stated above.

Anyways, like I said I'll reimburse your shipping and send it back express mail so you don't have to wait to long. Again, sorry.
      10-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #1251
sesser
Private

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol slow View Post
I'm really sorry. I honestly thought I unflashed it, honest mistake didn't mean to cause any issues or "screw you" as stated above.

Anyways, like I said I'll reimburse your shipping and send it back express mail so you don't have to wait to long. Again, sorry.
No worries. It's not like I can't drive my car... just can't drive it... faster Although, I can say I'm getting much better gas mileage without a tune on my car
      10-22-2013, 10:34 AM   #1252
lol slow
2BRK4M3

Drives: 2007 335i Autotragic

Quote:
No worries. It's not like I can't drive my car... just can't drive it... faster Although, I can say I'm getting much better gas mileage without a tune on my car
yeah, I'm running 40% E85 with 60% 93 and uhm, 10 gallons mixed I go through in about 145miles, it's horrible MPG's lmao.
      10-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #1253
Dmacc
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol slow
Quote:
yeah, I'm running 40% E85 with 60% 93 and uhm, 10 gallons mixed I go through in about 145miles, it's horrible MPG's lmao.
Straight e85 is depressing when looking at your gas gauge. 30 miles and I've already gone through more than a quarter tank :/

thanks to MGallop
      10-22-2013, 05:04 PM   #1254
WedgePerformance

Garage List
Quote:
Straight e85 is depressing when looking at your gas gauge. 30 miles and I've already gone through more than a quarter tank :/
Station in Portland just dropped price to $3.15 a gal. Makes it a little easier to stomach. But if you were really concerned with mileage you would be driving a Prius.