E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Assistance/Advice Requested

10-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #1
deep green
Private

Drives: E93 335i Vert

Garage List
Assistance/Advice Requested

To All,
My beloved E93 335 is sick. After a long drive to Melbourne from Newcastle, it now refuses to play by steadfastly displaying an orange engine warning light that demands I take it to a dealer for inspection. As part of this performance, it has decided to enforce reduced engine power and emit sounds that resemble a '64 VW misfiring. Oh dear. Anyone got any suggestions as to my first plan of attack, and/or anyone Melb based that can point me to someone down here that can be trusted to look at the problem without me needing to rob a bank first.

Any suggestions or feedback most welcome.

deep green is offline   Australia
      10-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
froop
Colonel

Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep green
To All,
My beloved E93 335 is sick. After a long drive to Melbourne from Newcastle, it now refuses to play by steadfastly displaying an orange engine warning light that demands I take it to a dealer for inspection. As part of this performance, it has decided to enforce reduced engine power and emit sounds that resemble a '64 VW misfiring. Oh dear. Anyone got any suggestions as to my first plan of attack, and/or anyone Melb based that can point me to someone down here that can be trusted to look at the problem without me needing to rob a bank first.

Any suggestions or feedback most welcome.
Without more information it's impossible to diagnose what the problem is. We'd need to know age (kms) of the car, what caused it to limp (acceleration/normal driving), and a picture of the warning light at the very least. Has it had the HPFP or waterpump replaced?
Procede Rev 3 | PWM Meth | Mr5 Intake | AFE Scoops | ER FMIC | ER CP | TiAl BOV | AR Catless DPs | CP-E Exhaust | Forgestar F14s | M3 Strut Tower Brace | M3 Front Arms | M3 F + R Sway Bars | M3 Rear End Conversion | Moton Clubsports with Swift Springs | Vorshlag Camber Plates | ECS 2-Piece Rotors | SS Lines | Cool Carbons | BR Half Cage | BMWP SSK | BMWP Interior/Exterior Goodies | Blacklines | P3 Gauge | 1M Interior |
froop is online now   Australia
      10-01-2013, 07:57 PM   #3
skidz
Banned

Drives: 1mers nuts :D

go see andrew at southern BM
      10-02-2013, 02:23 AM   #4
oystero
Lieutenant

Drives: AW 1M, E90 320d

Depending on where you are in melb
oystero is offline   Australia
      10-02-2013, 03:07 AM   #5
nash_86
Registered

Drives: 2006 E92 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidz View Post
ditto!

You're not gonna believe this but my car did the same thing last week. Andrew diagnosed it yesterday. Coil pack had to be replaced as well as spark plugs. All done for under $500.
      10-02-2013, 10:18 PM   #6
fo55il
Private First Class

Drives: 335i

Wow Nash_86 that sounds like an amazing deal mate.
fo55il is offline   Australia
      10-02-2013, 10:47 PM   #7
froop
Colonel

Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by fo55il
Wow Nash_86 that sounds like an amazing deal mate.
Depends on if it was just 1 coil pack or all 6. 1 coil pack is about $50 and 6 spark plugs ~$100.
Procede Rev 3 | PWM Meth | Mr5 Intake | AFE Scoops | ER FMIC | ER CP | TiAl BOV | AR Catless DPs | CP-E Exhaust | Forgestar F14s | M3 Strut Tower Brace | M3 Front Arms | M3 F + R Sway Bars | M3 Rear End Conversion | Moton Clubsports with Swift Springs | Vorshlag Camber Plates | ECS 2-Piece Rotors | SS Lines | Cool Carbons | BR Half Cage | BMWP SSK | BMWP Interior/Exterior Goodies | Blacklines | P3 Gauge | 1M Interior |
froop is online now   Australia
      10-03-2013, 06:29 AM   #8
Peter@Advan
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: 335 coupe ADVAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidz View Post
100% Andrew at Southern
Peter@Advan is offline   Australia
      10-16-2013, 06:22 PM   #9
deep green
Private

Drives: E93 335i Vert

Garage List
Just a quick follow-up to thank those that were able to respond to my issue and point me in the right direction. Turned out to be the dreaded failed HPFP. Oh well, at least I got 30K out of mine before it failed.

Big big "thank you" to Andrew and his team at SouthernBM Moorabbin, who pretty much dropped everything to help me out at zero notice. Awesome service and business Andrew, thanks.

deep green is offline   Australia