E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Offical Las Vegas E9Xs Thread (#2)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #1431
deathbunny
First Lieutenant
4

 
Drives: 08 335I
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Vegas


Posts: 362
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny_World View Post
Get em!
Can't, I have E90. I don't think I could bring my self to putting that much money into headlights at this point with this car anyway. I made up my mind after putting 20K+ into an Audi and not getting shit back out of it to not drop crazy money on mods ever again. At a certain point it starts to make more sense to just get a better car from the factory so you at least have some resale value. I have the bolt ons that matter now and they were cheap enough and easy enough to put back to stock that I am ok with it. Unfortunately I am seriously unhappy with the bushings on this thing and now I am trying to decide if I want to drop the money for a full suspension upgrade (including upgraded bushings / control arms all around) and LSD. If I do I will IMO have to keep the car for 4 - 5 years to make it worth the investment. Not to mention if I do that and keep it that long a set of RBs will definitely be in the future as well so now were adding another 4k or so. That will end up being a total of ~15k in mods to a car I only paid 24k for. So now I am trying to decide if I wanna make the commitment or look into getting rid of it and going with something I can be happy with the way it comes like a used cayman s or m3 but driving it the way it is now for the next couple years is not an option. That new vet coming out looks very tempting also
__________________
"And just one question I might ask yah, and it might sound like A disaster, can you make this thing go faster?"
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 07:49 PM   #1432
R.G.
Lieutenant
8

 
R.G.'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: In my sub conscious


Posts: 588
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbunny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny_World View Post
Get em!
Can't, I have E90. I don't think I could bring my self to putting that much money into headlights at this point with this car anyway. I made up my mind after putting 20K+ into an Audi and not getting shit back out of it to not drop crazy money on mods ever again. At a certain point it starts to make more sense to just get a better car from the factory so you at least have some resale value. I have the bolt ons that matter now and they were cheap enough and easy enough to put back to stock that I am ok with it. Unfortunately I am seriously unhappy with the bushings on this thing and now I am trying to decide if I want to drop the money for a full suspension upgrade (including upgraded bushings / control arms all around) and LSD. If I do I will IMO have to keep the car for 4 - 5 years to make it worth the investment. Not to mention if I do that and keep it that long a set of RBs will definitely be in the future as well so now were adding another 4k or so. That will end up being a total of ~15k in mods to a car I only paid 24k for. So now I am trying to decide if I wanna make the commitment or look into getting rid of it and going with something I can be happy with the way it comes like a used cayman s or m3 but driving it the way it is now for the next couple years is not an option. That new vet coming out looks very tempting also
Get the subframe bushings and toe arms and call it a day DB. Should get rid of all that unpredictable waggle you get on hard acceleration and you'll be out the door under $1k installed

Edit: "Most" of that rear waggle. I'm about to do those first. Parts just came in and instal next week. Feel free to stop by and give the car a test drive or ride shotgun and see the difference.
__________________
Cobb*FSR E40 Pro tune*Dinan IC*Dinan CAI*Dinan Strut Tower*Dinan camber plates*Dinan control arm bushings*MS Catless*ER Chargepipe*Tial BOV*Custom dual 2.5" exhaust w/Vibrant race mid cats & resonaters*Vishnu Walbro 455 Inline kit*BMS OCC*Alpina Trans flash*Misc coding*RB PCV*Megan racing toe arms*M3 subframe bushings*Carbon vented hood*Carbon trunk*Carbon grills*DD rear bumper*Race valances*Vorsteiner carbon front lip*M3 Steering wheel w/DCT paddles*M3 Guages*M3 Side Skirts*Carbon side splitters*Volk RE30s
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 11:35 PM   #1433
deathbunny
First Lieutenant
4

 
Drives: 08 335I
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Vegas


Posts: 362
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.G. View Post
Get the subframe bushings and toe arms and call it a day DB. Should get rid of all that unpredictable waggle you get on hard acceleration and you'll be out the door under $1k installed

Edit: "Most" of that rear waggle. I'm about to do those first. Parts just came in and instal next week. Feel free to stop by and give the car a test drive or ride shotgun and see the difference.
Yeah that would be cool, let me know when its done. I also wouldn't mind checking out your protune. I am not sure but I think something is bad in my suspension somewhere, maybe the bushings in the front are on there way out. It just feels weird almost like its loose, sometimes worse than others. I have stock non sport suspension and am not running run flats anymore either so that could be part of the problem.
__________________
"And just one question I might ask yah, and it might sound like A disaster, can you make this thing go faster?"
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2013, 03:31 AM   #1434
Curt2000
Colonel
United_States
134

 
Curt2000's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 ///M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sin City


Posts: 2,489
iTrader: (22)


I'm a Las Vegan, thinking about coming out to the Euro squad meet tomorrow night.
__________________

Current Car: '13 SANTORINI BLUE E92///M3--6MT/Speed Cloth/ZCP (ED Thread)
Former Cars:'10 E90 335i MSport / '07 Interlagos ///M5 / '09 135i / '10 E93 335i
Instagram: @C2KMotorsports
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2013, 07:57 AM   #1435
smack
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
20

 
smack's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW's/Flex 3401
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Spangdahlem AB Germany


Posts: 1,568
iTrader: (0)

Nice M3 Curt. You should go out and meet up with the Vegasbimmers/Eurosquad group.
__________________
Practice dosent make perfect, the dedication to achieve pefection makes perfect. "Smack" http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...n-waiting.html
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 03:13 AM   #1436
Curt2000
Colonel
United_States
134

 
Curt2000's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 ///M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sin City


Posts: 2,489
iTrader: (22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack View Post
Nice M3 Curt. You should go out and meet up with the Vegasbimmers/Eurosquad group.
I was there for a bit, not sure who all I met from the forums, great group of guys but horrible weather!
__________________

Current Car: '13 SANTORINI BLUE E92///M3--6MT/Speed Cloth/ZCP (ED Thread)
Former Cars:'10 E90 335i MSport / '07 Interlagos ///M5 / '09 135i / '10 E93 335i
Instagram: @C2KMotorsports
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 05:13 AM   #1437
smack
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
20

 
smack's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW's/Flex 3401
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Spangdahlem AB Germany


Posts: 1,568
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt2000 View Post
I was there for a bit, not sure who all I met from the forums, great group of guys but horrible weather!
Right on. I was stationed in Vegas and I just moved to Germany. Would have been great to meet with you before I left.
__________________
Practice dosent make perfect, the dedication to achieve pefection makes perfect. "Smack" http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...n-waiting.html
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 08:43 AM   #1438
Manny_World
Colonel
United_States
56

 
Manny_World's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i, e34 525i & e60 530i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: N Las Vegas


Posts: 2,362
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.00]
2007 BMW 530i  [4.33]
1994 BMW 525i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt2000 View Post
I was there for a bit, not sure who all I met from the forums, great group of guys but horrible weather!
Hopefully I can meet you at a future meet. I was going to go until I saw I few rain drops. The rain and I just don't get alone. Nice M3 btw.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 11:51 PM   #1439
Curt2000
Colonel
United_States
134

 
Curt2000's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 ///M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sin City


Posts: 2,489
iTrader: (22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt2000 View Post
I was there for a bit, not sure who all I met from the forums, great group of guys but horrible weather!
Right on. I was stationed in Vegas and I just moved to Germany. Would have been great to meet with you before I left.
Too bad I missed you! But you are living it up in the bimmer motherland now, I'm jelouse!
__________________

Current Car: '13 SANTORINI BLUE E92///M3--6MT/Speed Cloth/ZCP (ED Thread)
Former Cars:'10 E90 335i MSport / '07 Interlagos ///M5 / '09 135i / '10 E93 335i
Instagram: @C2KMotorsports
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 11:53 PM   #1440
Curt2000
Colonel
United_States
134

 
Curt2000's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 ///M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sin City


Posts: 2,489
iTrader: (22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny_World
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt2000 View Post
I was there for a bit, not sure who all I met from the forums, great group of guys but horrible weather!
Hopefully I can meet you at a future meet. I was going to go until I saw I few rain drops. The rain and I just don't get alone. Nice M3 btw.
Dude my car was the filthiest I've ever seen it, it had so much road grime on it after driving it last night that my garage literally stank from it this morning. I turned like 10 microfibers black getting it all off with a hand detailer spray today.
__________________

Current Car: '13 SANTORINI BLUE E92///M3--6MT/Speed Cloth/ZCP (ED Thread)
Former Cars:'10 E90 335i MSport / '07 Interlagos ///M5 / '09 135i / '10 E93 335i
Instagram: @C2KMotorsports
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 11:59 PM   #1441
smack
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
20

 
smack's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW's/Flex 3401
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Spangdahlem AB Germany


Posts: 1,568
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt2000 View Post
Dude my car was the filthiest I've ever seen it, it had so much road grime on it after driving it last night that my garage literally stank from it this morning. I turned like 10 microfibers black getting it all off with a hand detailer spray today.
That sucks man. Which detail spray and towels did you use?
__________________
Practice dosent make perfect, the dedication to achieve pefection makes perfect. "Smack" http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...n-waiting.html
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 12:10 AM   #1442
Curt2000
Colonel
United_States
134

 
Curt2000's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 ///M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sin City


Posts: 2,489
iTrader: (22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack View Post
That sucks man. Which detail spray and towels did you use?
its a chemical brothers professional quick detailer and some nice fresh new microfiber cloths from a bulk package I got from autozone.
__________________

Current Car: '13 SANTORINI BLUE E92///M3--6MT/Speed Cloth/ZCP (ED Thread)
Former Cars:'10 E90 335i MSport / '07 Interlagos ///M5 / '09 135i / '10 E93 335i
Instagram: @C2KMotorsports
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 12:28 AM   #1443
smack
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
20

 
smack's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW's/Flex 3401
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Spangdahlem AB Germany


Posts: 1,568
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt2000 View Post
its a chemical brothers professional quick detailer and some nice fresh new microfiber cloths from a bulk package I got from autozone.
Not sure how serious you want to get with detailing or perfecting your paint but check out Autogeek.net for top shelf supplies. If you want to get some info hands on or talk with someone, get with 07_335i_AW (Jace) http://www.e90post.com/forums/member.php?u=101541 as him and I do detailing in the Valley. At least i did do it while I was there.

Ever paid attention to swirls and scratches in the paint....

Here is my car...
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...n-waiting.html

And the wifes...
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...t-coating.html
__________________
Practice dosent make perfect, the dedication to achieve pefection makes perfect. "Smack" http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...n-waiting.html
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #1444
Curt2000
Colonel
United_States
134

 
Curt2000's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 ///M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sin City


Posts: 2,489
iTrader: (22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack View Post
Not sure how serious you want to get with detailing or perfecting your paint but check out Autogeek.net for top shelf supplies. If you want to get some info hands on or talk with someone, get with 07_335i_AW (Jace) http://www.e90post.com/forums/member.php?u=101541 as him and I do detailing in the Valley. At least i did do it while I was there.

Ever paid attention to swirls and scratches in the paint....

Here is my car...
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...n-waiting.html

And the wifes...
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...t-coating.html
Very nice! Honestly I just don't trust myself with intense paint care like that, I'll just pay somebody to do it right the first time!
__________________

Current Car: '13 SANTORINI BLUE E92///M3--6MT/Speed Cloth/ZCP (ED Thread)
Former Cars:'10 E90 335i MSport / '07 Interlagos ///M5 / '09 135i / '10 E93 335i
Instagram: @C2KMotorsports
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 03:42 AM   #1445
smack
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
20

 
smack's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW's/Flex 3401
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Spangdahlem AB Germany


Posts: 1,568
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt2000 View Post
Very nice! Honestly I just don't trust myself with intense paint care like that, I'll just pay somebody to do it right the first time!
Get with Jace. You will be in good hands and taken care of.
__________________
Practice dosent make perfect, the dedication to achieve pefection makes perfect. "Smack" http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...n-waiting.html
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 12:33 AM   #1446
07_335i_AW
Captain
20

 
07_335i_AW's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Las Vegas


Posts: 636
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt2000 View Post
Ohhh.. Sick ride my friend!! Amazing color and welcome!!
__________________
[19" VORTEX TUNING LM's]
[JB4][BMS DCI] [CYBA INTAKE SCOOPS] [M3 REP FRONT BUMPER] [H&R SPORT W/ KONI YELLOWS] [MATTE BLACK GRILLES][VRSF DOWNPIPES][GLOSS BLACK VINYL ROOL][LIP SPOILER]
http://www.facebook.com/thelastdetailnv
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 09:20 PM   #1447
deathbunny
First Lieutenant
4

 
Drives: 08 335I
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Vegas


Posts: 362
iTrader: (2)

Anyone on here got a grey 335 with nice big black wheels and a lip spoiler on the trunk that drives on the 15 around 4:30ish? If so looks good
__________________
"And just one question I might ask yah, and it might sound like A disaster, can you make this thing go faster?"
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 01:01 AM   #1448
Manny_World
Colonel
United_States
56

 
Manny_World's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i, e34 525i & e60 530i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: N Las Vegas


Posts: 2,362
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.00]
2007 BMW 530i  [4.33]
1994 BMW 525i  [0.00]
Exclamation Cars and Coffee plus Cruise to photo shoot THIS SATURDAY!!!

The info below was copied from Sin City Euro.

"Nelsons Landing. (Nevada 165 Searchlight, NV 89046)
Description
With the nice weather, people like to get out more and enjoy the out doors and/or just spiritual drive to some place nice and nice roads. Well we are taking a drive to Nelson Ghost town which will do you great joy. The place is great for photo ops so make sure you bring a camera.

We will meet at 8am at Cars and Coffee ( 9500 S Eastern Ave) and roll at 9:30ish. so we will have plenty of time to look up some cars and wait for everyone to show up.

Just a reminder that this will not be a race and I hope everyone acts like an adults.

I will see everyone at Cars And Coffee...

if any question let me know."
__________________

Last edited by Manny_World; 10-18-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2013, 03:32 AM   #1449
Manny_World
Colonel
United_States
56

 
Manny_World's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i, e34 525i & e60 530i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: N Las Vegas


Posts: 2,362
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.00]
2007 BMW 530i  [4.33]
1994 BMW 525i  [0.00]
Manny v. R.G.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2013, 04:32 AM   #1450
R.G.
Lieutenant
8

 
R.G.'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: In my sub conscious


Posts: 588
iTrader: (9)

Woah Manny
Didn't realize you almost lost it down the track!!
That run was a 13.1 for me but I don't brake boost and my 60 is a super weak 2.5. Hell of a fun time, glad you made it out. New season starts late Jan!
__________________
Cobb*FSR E40 Pro tune*Dinan IC*Dinan CAI*Dinan Strut Tower*Dinan camber plates*Dinan control arm bushings*MS Catless*ER Chargepipe*Tial BOV*Custom dual 2.5" exhaust w/Vibrant race mid cats & resonaters*Vishnu Walbro 455 Inline kit*BMS OCC*Alpina Trans flash*Misc coding*RB PCV*Megan racing toe arms*M3 subframe bushings*Carbon vented hood*Carbon trunk*Carbon grills*DD rear bumper*Race valances*Vorsteiner carbon front lip*M3 Steering wheel w/DCT paddles*M3 Guages*M3 Side Skirts*Carbon side splitters*Volk RE30s
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 04:15 AM   #1451
Manny_World
Colonel
United_States
56

 
Manny_World's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i, e34 525i & e60 530i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: N Las Vegas


Posts: 2,362
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.00]
2007 BMW 530i  [4.33]
1994 BMW 525i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.G. View Post
Woah Manny
Didn't realize you almost lost it down the track!!
That run was a 13.1 for me but I don't brake boost and my 60 is a super weak 2.5. Hell of a fun time, glad you made it out. New season starts late Jan!
Yep, was spinning bad going into 2nd and went side ways. January is my bday month, let see what shows up from UPS or Fedex .
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #1452
Manny_World
Colonel
United_States
56

 
Manny_World's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i, e34 525i & e60 530i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: N Las Vegas


Posts: 2,362
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [4.00]
2007 BMW 530i  [4.33]
1994 BMW 525i  [0.00]
Quick photo shoot.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...2#post14845862
__________________
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST