E90Post
 


PYSPEED
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > e92 pre lci to lci after front end collision



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
houseoutlaw
New Member
1

 
Drives: 2009 bmw 335xi coupe
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: new jersey


Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

e92 pre lci to lci after front end collision

My 2009 335 was in an accident. I need to replace the front bumper, both headlights, and hood. I wanted to convert to an m-tech bumper with lci headlights. Theoritecally speaking, if I have the body shop buy a LCI hood, Lci mtech bumper (with additional components http://www.getbmwparts.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462) and lci headlights, the conversion should work with no modifications right. I know this might cost a bit more, but I am mostly concerned if It will work. As a side note, my vehicle ADH xenons
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #2
e90sexion
E 9 0 S E X I O N
Canada
208

 
e90sexion's Avatar
 
Drives: M3, Z4MC
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver/WA


Posts: 6,361
iTrader: (16)

pay the difference, why not m3 oem?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 03:46 PM   #3
houseoutlaw
New Member
1

 
Drives: 2009 bmw 335xi coupe
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: new jersey


Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90sexion View Post
pay the difference, why not m3 oem?
With the m3 you need to change the fenders right? My fenders are fine. just need hood, bumper, and lights
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 05:04 PM   #4
Game
Major General
United_States
103

 
Game's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lockport/Chicago, IL


Posts: 5,095
iTrader: (15)

It should work OP. I'd look more into everything needed for the conversion but those are the main components.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #5
houseoutlaw
New Member
1

 
Drives: 2009 bmw 335xi coupe
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: new jersey


Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
It should work OP. I'd look more into everything needed for the conversion but those are the main components.
From my research on this board and others it seems everything is pretty much bolt on. It is my understanding that the only issue would be repining the wiring harness on lights, a resistor to make them flash right, and re coding. I have not been able to find exactly how to repin tho, and where the resistor goes, or what ohm resistor to even purchase. If someone could point me in the right direction on finding this info, it would be much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #6
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
52

 
VTECaddict's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 330i 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bakersfield, CA


Posts: 4,620
iTrader: (4)

No need to deal with resistors. You can just code it.
__________________
AW/Terra | ZSP | ZPP | ZCW | iDrive | CA
Mods: BC BR | OEM Blacklines | M-tech rear | custom dual exhaust | M3 steering wheel | BMW SSK | ZHP shift knob | BMW Performance rep spoiler
Varrstoen ES1 19x9.5+20 Front, 19x11+25 rear
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 10:22 PM   #7
e90sexion
E 9 0 S E X I O N
Canada
208

 
e90sexion's Avatar
 
Drives: M3, Z4MC
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver/WA


Posts: 6,361
iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseoutlaw View Post
With the m3 you need to change the fenders right? My fenders are fine. just need hood, bumper, and lights
pay for the fenders, get OEM m3 front conversion
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #8
houseoutlaw
New Member
1

 
Drives: 2009 bmw 335xi coupe
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: new jersey


Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTECaddict View Post
No need to deal with resistors. You can just code it.
There is a pin change tho right? Which pin needs to be changed? Is there a schematic somewhere?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #9
dwells
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
32

 
dwells's Avatar
 
Drives: Monaco Blue 335i coupe
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New England


Posts: 1,522
iTrader: (5)

Only thing I didn't see mentioned was kidney grilles, they're different on the LCI. Other than that, you'll be good to go. Headlights will need coding, but other than that you covered all the bases.

Definitely go LCI M-Sport instead of M3. You get the new headlights and I think it's a nicer looking front end than the M3. Never liked the idea of slapping an M3 style or OEM bumper on a non-M car anyway.
__________________
| 335i coupe | Monaco Blue | JB4 G5 ISO | Style 313M | Huper 40% tint | Aero lip | CSL trunk spoiler | M3 sideskirts
| Paint-matched grilles | Painted reflectors | GP Thunder II angel eyes | Smoked LED sidemarkers | Self-coded |
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 01:22 PM   #10
RVS 8
SDG
United_States
54

 
RVS 8's Avatar
 
Drives: 335I
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York


Posts: 2,064
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseoutlaw View Post
My 2009 335 was in an accident. I need to replace the front bumper, both headlights, and hood. I wanted to convert to an m-tech bumper with lci headlights. Theoritecally speaking, if I have the body shop buy a LCI hood, Lci mtech bumper (with additional components http://www.getbmwparts.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462) and lci headlights, the conversion should work with no modifications right. I know this might cost a bit more, but I am mostly concerned if It will work. As a side note, my vehicle ADH xenons
since your scenario is different from mines, i will be converting the front end to LCI also...youll need the bumper the grills..obviously the headlight assembly & hood. im not sure if ill replace my hood right away but once everything is fitted all is left will be coding thats about it. good luck keep us posted.

oh & someone on the forum did the LCI conversion it was a silver coupe.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #11
houseoutlaw
New Member
1

 
Drives: 2009 bmw 335xi coupe
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: new jersey


Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSF View Post
since your scenario is different from mines, i will be converting the front end to LCI also...youll need the bumper the grills..obviously the headlight assembly & hood. im not sure if ill replace my hood right away but once everything is fitted all is left will be coding thats about it. good luck keep us posted.

oh & someone on the forum did the LCI conversion it was a silver coupe.
I am currently trying to find a body shop willing to do it. Every body shop I go to tells me it wont work. Anyone know a good body shop in bergen county nj who would be willing to do it?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 11:04 PM   #12
NYC335
Second Lieutenant
6

 
Drives: 335 alpine
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nyc


Posts: 265
iTrader: (0)

i am doing the lic conversion on my 2008 335i so far fenders are the same but i am stuck with the headlights cant get them to work after coding can anyone help me out here,will i need the frm3???
__________________
AFE INTAKE-AMS FMIC-AR CATLESS DP-COBB-HPF EXHAUST
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 01:16 AM   #13
Mturbo
Private First Class
14

 
Mturbo's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E92, '10 SL63
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Philly


Posts: 194
iTrader: (0)

[http://www.vacmotorsports.com/QUOTE=NYC335;14766355]i am doing the lic conversion on my 2008 335i so far fenders are the same but i am stuck with the headlights cant get them to work after coding can anyone help me out here,will i need the frm3???[/quote]

These guys in Philly can help you.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 01:58 AM   #14
RVS 8
SDG
United_States
54

 
RVS 8's Avatar
 
Drives: 335I
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York


Posts: 2,064
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC335 View Post
i am doing the lic conversion on my 2008 335i so far fenders are the same but i am stuck with the headlights cant get them to work after coding can anyone help me out here,will i need the frm3???
Did you have to change the hood? Or remained the same?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 07:51 AM   #15
Mturbo
Private First Class
14

 
Mturbo's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E92, '10 SL63
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Philly


Posts: 194
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSF View Post
Did you have to change the hood? Or remained the same?
The hood needs to be changed because the Lci kidney grills are wider.

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 10:02 PM   #16
NYC335
Second Lieutenant
6

 
Drives: 335 alpine
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nyc


Posts: 265
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mturbo View Post
[http://www.vacmotorsports.com/QUOTE=NYC335;14766355]i am doing the lic conversion on my 2008 335i so far fenders are the same but i am stuck with the headlights cant get them to work after coding can anyone help me out here,will i need the frm3???
These guys in Philly can help you.[/quote]

who? pm me info because their is no one in the tri state that could fix this.
__________________
AFE INTAKE-AMS FMIC-AR CATLESS DP-COBB-HPF EXHAUST
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #17
NYC335
Second Lieutenant
6

 
Drives: 335 alpine
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nyc


Posts: 265
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSF View Post
Did you have to change the hood? Or remained the same?
i did not change my hood same hood,because i have a ltbmw 1m bumper so i was just going to modify my bumper around the headlights.
__________________
AFE INTAKE-AMS FMIC-AR CATLESS DP-COBB-HPF EXHAUST
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2013, 03:14 AM   #18
RVS 8
SDG
United_States
54

 
RVS 8's Avatar
 
Drives: 335I
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York


Posts: 2,064
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC335 View Post
i did not change my hood same hood,because i have a ltbmw 1m bumper so i was just going to modify my bumper around the headlights.
no but when you close the hood do the kidney grills look odd though?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2013, 07:16 AM   #19
Mturbo
Private First Class
14

 
Mturbo's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E92, '10 SL63
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Philly


Posts: 194
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSF View Post
no but when you close the hood do the kidney grills look odd though?
^ +1
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 03:05 AM   #20
RVS 8
SDG
United_States
54

 
RVS 8's Avatar
 
Drives: 335I
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York


Posts: 2,064
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mturbo View Post
^ +1
because I'm either just doing pre lci m tech or if the hood doesn't need to be replaced then i will do the front full LCI m sport conversion..
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #21
TplusR
Private
0

 
Drives: .
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Long Island, NY


Posts: 98
iTrader: (0)

I personally wouldn't do an M3 front conversion because the front fenders would be wide as hell while the rear fenders remained narrow....

I'd definitely go with an LCI conversion for this reason
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #22
Mturbo
Private First Class
14

 
Mturbo's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E92, '10 SL63
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Philly


Posts: 194
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TplusR View Post
I personally wouldn't do an M3 front conversion because the front fenders would be wide as hell while the rear fenders remained narrow....

I'd definitely go with an LCI conversion for this reason
As I understand it, the m3 rear is only an inch wider on both sides. So unless your looking for it, its really not that noticeable.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST