E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Release dates...

06-18-2005, 12:43 PM   #1
scottjones
Professional Member

Drives: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

Send a message via Yahoo to scottjones
Smile Release dates...

I was considering buying the 325i loaded up on options until I drove the 330... wow is all I have to say. My sales person at John Holtz BMW in Rochester, NY (Gavin) is amazing. What a terrific experience ths far.

HOWEVER....

I'm torn with if I should wait for a 330xi since I live in upstate NY where the winter's are generally pretty nasty and our roads suck. So... here's my question to all...

I drive a fairly decent amount for my new job as an agent for New York Life Insurance(Company plug) and have never driven a RWD vehicle in the winter time. I'm coming out of a 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT which I use Blizzak tires on in the winter time and never have any problems. So... for those who have real world crappy snow driving experience with a 330 rwd/xi, please... tell me what you have to say.

When will the xi's be out? Anyone know? Should I just go with RWD, plan on getting rich quick cause I look sexy in a E90(*cough* laugh *cough*) or wait it out until the xi is available.

Also, I am thinking about doing the European delivery program since it'll get the vehicle to me for less and let me travel to Germany with my wife(We'll see if she go's)

Scott Jones
scottjones is offline   United_States
      06-18-2005, 07:29 PM   #2
Barry626
Captain

Drives: Coming: 2012 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjones
My sales person at John Holtz BMW in Rochester, NY (Gavin) is amazing. What a terrific experience ths far.
Scott

Funny, same here & totally agree with you!
Gavin is my salesman too & so far been best transaction.
I ordered my 300i on May 10th & should arrive @ dealer 6/30?
Been a wait, but @ least I will have car totally loaded as I prefer!

Good luck with your purchase...your in good hands!
Barry
Barry626 is offline   United_States
      06-18-2005, 08:08 PM   #3
scottjones
Professional Member

I have yet to see how the Holtz service department works out for me... however, I will be sure to be VERY active in my discussions on the dealer as I have been in the business before. I won't be grinding Gavin... I will ask for more than $500 off though when i'm 100% ready... but... Thus far, he has given me reason to want to pay more. He by far as earned my respect.

I am slightly dissapointed however that the Holtz BMW store doesn't offer detailing on thier vehicles like the Holtz Acura store in East Rochester, NY. For a one time fee, you can bring your vehicle in and have it professionally detailed by appointment... which anyone in thier right mind would take over a delta sonic or anything of the sort. Especially in a Rochester, NY winter.
      06-18-2005, 10:47 PM   #4
brewer
Private

Drives: Arctic E90

The XI is being released in September/October (see the link below). You can place an order for it now I think. In fact I think several members here already have. Doesn't it snow a ton in Rochester? The 3 series is decent in the snow with snow tires but remember it's a RWD (unlike your eclipse).

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1427
      06-18-2005, 11:32 PM   #5
scottjones
Professional Member

Yea, it snows a good amount... and I do travel to Syracuse sometimes... once a month... I don't HAVE to drive... but... eh... just that I drive prolly 17k a year... xi is what, like 2k more? what about speed difference? handeling? new xdrive better than before? i hates the old xi's handeling.
      06-19-2005, 12:56 AM   #6
e90fanatic
Absolute0

Drives: Has a Roundel

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to e90fanatic
Quote:
Yea, it snows a good amount... and I do travel to Syracuse sometimes... once a month... I don't HAVE to drive... but... eh... just that I drive prolly 17k a year... xi is what, like 2k more? what about speed difference? handeling? new xdrive better than before? i hates the old xi's handeling.
wow! Great to see some members around me! I'm in Syracuse, NY myself. But I'm ordering from Park Ave. BMW, NJ because they are giving me a great deal (better than any CNY dealers can give me)....
      06-19-2005, 01:26 AM   #7
Barry626
Captain

Drives: Coming: 2012 135i

Quote:

I am slightly dissapointed however that the Holtz BMW store doesn't offer detailing on thier vehicles like the Holtz Acura store in East Rochester, NY. For a one time fee, you can bring your vehicle in and have it professionally detailed by appointment... which anyone in thier right mind would take over a delta sonic or anything of the sort. Especially in a Rochester, NY winter.
Not sure about the detailing part but I was offered the "Diamond Package".
Which you never have to wash or wax your car again. Just rinse it off?
Then again I don't think "Holtz"does this they send it out to be done?
Barry626 is offline   United_States
      06-19-2005, 05:01 AM   #8
upstateE90
Registered

Drives: vw

Barry626

Too funny, everyone going to Holtz must use Gavin. Are you the guy who is bringing in a 330i w/terra seats...I want to see that car. I'm waiting to buy the coupe, though.
      06-19-2005, 09:15 AM   #9
scottjones
Professional Member

Barry,

The Diamond package is from Zeibart and is thier top end wax. More information can be obtained if you look it up with that information. I personally wouldn't opt for that as I like using Liquid Glass(Pain in the ass to work with as a wax but one of the best out IMHO) and Car Bright. You guys really should check out Auto Finishers. www.autofinishers.com - I know the owner and the GM... they always know what the best is thats out.

Do youself a favor... use what the pro's use. I was a senior manager for a dealership before my current position at New York Life and let's just say... I have a lot of insight into the business. One of is that they don't skimp on detailing supplies all to much.

Hope any of this info help... also - GREAT to start seing people from upstate!