E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > New Nox sensor required. Other work required?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-17-2013, 06:39 AM   #23
Dickisafc
Private
 
Drives: 3 series coupe
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sunderland

Posts: 60
iTrader: (0)

He said that there was a few error codes so he reset it and I left it over night it did not make the usually noise on the morning so I assume it was due to being kept inside over night. The nox was flagged up on his BMW diagnostic machine and he told me that it would be about 400 however it would not affect the engine it I did not do it straight away I was unsure of how this could be causing the problems as I thought it could have been a coil pack etc I appreciate the advice
Dickisafc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #24
Drrncour
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Surrey, England

Posts: 594
iTrader: (0)

Well as the hpfp is a common fault. I bit the bullet and bought the Nox sensor and the high pressure fuel pump seeing as they both came up on the bmw diagnostics. Cost me 520 for both parts inc bmw discount. And my indie is going to fit and reset all codes for 100.

So 620 all in (better then the 1600 bmw wanted) and at least I have piece of mind don't want either exp fuel pump to fail down the motorway or when my 3 year old is in the car
__________________
Cree angel eyes - 19" 313 OEM alloy wheels - 15mm rear spacers - Black performance Grilles - Alloy pedals - Tinted windows - Shadowline trim - M3 rear Spoiler - Tail light mod - LED interior lighting - k&n panel Filter - Performance Diffuser - Carbon Badges alround - Bluetooth - Air intake scoops - Painted Calipers - Custom Stainless Exhaust
Drrncour is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #25
KrisM79
Major
 
KrisM79's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i Msport
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Scotland

Posts: 1,030
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickisafc View Post
He said that there was a few error codes so he reset it and I left it over night it did not make the usually noise on the morning so I assume it was due to being kept inside over night. The nox was flagged up on his BMW diagnostic machine and he told me that it would be about 400 however it would not affect the engine it I did not do it straight away I was unsure of how this could be causing the problems as I thought it could have been a coil pack etc I appreciate the advice
The nox sensor does have a large bearing on engine running.This 'jerk then all is well ' is the car trying to run in stratified mode, the nox sensor is faulty , then then the cars DME disengages stratified mode to prevent damage.As I said before these are very common and when there's are nox faults the sensor should be changed ASAP.
KrisM79 is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #26
Dickisafc
Private
 
Drives: 3 series coupe
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sunderland

Posts: 60
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisM79 View Post
The nox sensor does have a large bearing on engine running.This 'jerk then all is well ' is the car trying to run in stratified mode, the nox sensor is faulty , then then the cars DME disengages stratified mode to prevent damage.As I said before these are very common and when there's are nox faults the sensor should be changed ASAP.
Will get staright on it in the morning, I just wanted reassuring I wasnt chucking my money away (for a change)
Dickisafc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2013, 03:33 AM   #27
Dickisafc
Private
 
Drives: 3 series coupe
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sunderland

Posts: 60
iTrader: (0)

Had the car back to the garage and found the fault codes

2af4 nitrous oxide sensor electrics
2af2 nitrous oxide sensor lambada linear
2af6 nitrous oxide sensor lambada binary
2a99 crankshaft ute let correlation
nitrous oxide sensor heating
2af0 nitrous oxide sensor hearing

He thinks they are all linked to the nitrous oxide sensor hopefully this is the case
Dickisafc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2013, 05:18 AM   #28
Drrncour
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Surrey, England

Posts: 594
iTrader: (0)

Just got my motor back. Wow what a difference in the car now. Ended getting a few extra bits done. Replaced Nox Sensor, replaced high pressure fuel pump, had all adaptations reset and codes and had the 6 inlet valves walnut blasted.

All these has led to a new machine, very happy even if my wallet isn't.

Walnut blasting - 255 (Vines Bmw)
Fit high pressure fuel pump - 170 (inlet manifold ect has to come off, vines bmw)
Fit Nox Sensor 45 (independent)
Reset adaptations 55 (vines bmw)
Total cost of parts 520

Oh and vines have me 49 for my old hpfp. :-)
Drrncour is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2013, 05:21 AM   #29
Drrncour
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Surrey, England

Posts: 594
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickisafc View Post
Had the car back to the garage and found the fault codes

2af4 nitrous oxide sensor electrics
2af2 nitrous oxide sensor lambada linear
2af6 nitrous oxide sensor lambada binary
2a99 crankshaft ute let correlation
nitrous oxide sensor heating
2af0 nitrous oxide sensor hearing

He thinks they are all linked to the nitrous oxide sensor hopefully this is the case
Hopefully. It's cheaper to buy the part from bmw (ask for discount they do give it, I got 10% off) and then pay an independent to fit. (Although still have to pay to have codes re read ect)
Drrncour is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2013, 09:01 AM   #30
Dickisafc
Private
 
Drives: 3 series coupe
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sunderland

Posts: 60
iTrader: (0)

Just had the nox sensor changed for 460 yesterday today same problem with car took it back said the timer change had stretched so would need new one with ratchets rails etc. Another 530 can't believe it
Dickisafc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2013, 12:15 PM   #31
Drrncour
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Surrey, England

Posts: 594
iTrader: (0)

Had mine changed also and the hpfp. Also had the same issues, took it back and they said low pressure fuel sensor fault, so that cost me 230 as well. And guess what, still not running 100%!
__________________
Cree angel eyes - 19" 313 OEM alloy wheels - 15mm rear spacers - Black performance Grilles - Alloy pedals - Tinted windows - Shadowline trim - M3 rear Spoiler - Tail light mod - LED interior lighting - k&n panel Filter - Performance Diffuser - Carbon Badges alround - Bluetooth - Air intake scoops - Painted Calipers - Custom Stainless Exhaust
Drrncour is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2014, 03:02 AM   #32
mikeoc1
Registered
 
Drives: 320i
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: United Kingdom

Posts: 1
iTrader: (0)

nox sensor

New to forum-my 320i on 19k 59 plate according to inde garage needs a nox sensor at 450.Have read threads -is it a must to get this done as the car is running smooth ? Just concerned about a faulty ems reading-any advice much appreciated.
mikeoc1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST