E90Post

MINHS Auto Care Center

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Is this creaking noise normal?

10-22-2013, 05:00 PM   #23
Hoooper
Captain

Drives: 335D

Mine creaks over speed bumps and now I know how to fix it! Though Im not sure I want to, it also creaks a bit when driving like a hooligan and the turbos are spooled at low'ish speeds, makes me feel like:

Without having to end up like:
      10-23-2013, 06:05 AM   #24
N8N
Major

Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

Send a message via AIM to N8N Send a message via MSN to N8N Send a message via Yahoo to N8N
how could they say there's nothing they can do, BMW sells rubber dressing specifically for the creaking problem. at 40k aren't you still under warranty? that would piss me off. but anyway if you think they're right about the seals and don't feel like fighting with them either get the dealer stuff or some Gummi Pflege and slick up the door seals.
N8N is offline   United_States
      10-23-2013, 09:07 AM   #25
Mark M
Captain

Drives: E30M3 E83X3 E90335D

Gummi-Pflege.

I bought a stick of this and it works great for seal lube. Just be sure to open the bottle and pull off the anti-leak packaging seal otherwise the liquid won't come through. Learned that the hard way.

http://www.amazon.com/einszett-91480.../dp/B004B8GTQG
Mark M is offline   United_States
      10-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #26
gruppeM3
Private First Class

Drives: E46 M3, 335d M-Sport, 4.8is

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8N View Post
how could they say there's nothing they can do, BMW sells rubber dressing specifically for the creaking problem. at 40k aren't you still under warranty? that would piss me off. but anyway if you think they're right about the seals and don't feel like fighting with them either get the dealer stuff or some Gummi Pflege and slick up the door seals.
I already contacted BMW NA. Just waiting for their response. I'm not to hopeful though. I'll probably just end up buying the stuff you mentioned and fix it myself.

On a side note, my car was worked on yesterday. They diagnosed the car for having the SES light come on. I called to see what the part was and he told me that "IT WAS THE THING THAT'S LIKE THE INTAKE MANIFOLD THAT SUCKS IN AIR" Gotta love the service advisors in my area. They are the best I'll have to see what they replaced when I see the paperwork today.

I also asked them to replace my wind shield wipers since the rain will be coming soon. He told me that it hasn't been a year yet since they last replaced them Really? It's been 11 months and I won't be needing an oil change for another 10,000 miles. So why would I bother to bring my car in a month to get the wiper inserts replaced Such BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
Gummi-Pflege.

I bought a stick of this and it works great for seal lube. Just be sure to open the bottle and pull off the anti-leak packaging seal otherwise the liquid won't come through. Learned that the hard way.

http://www.amazon.com/einszett-91480.../dp/B004B8GTQG
Thanks for the link. Will probably be buying this stuff soon
      10-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #27
gruppeM3
Private First Class

Drives: E46 M3, 335d M-Sport, 4.8is

Someone please help me!

I am sick and tired of dealing with these idiotic service advisors! If you are in the So Cal area and know of a good service advisor that is actually knowledgeable, please let me know. I have dealt with so many and most of the time is seems that I know more than they do.
      10-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #28
Puerto Rican 335d
Colonel

Drives: Montego Blue 335d

welcome to the bimmer world of SA's
Amsoil Cetane Boost Diesel Fuel Additive
Amsoil Diesel Fuel Additive Concentrate
Puerto Rican 335d is offline   Puerto Rico
      10-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #29
335dFan
Jumping Jack Flash

Drives: 2011 335d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gruppeM3 View Post
Someone please help me!

I am sick and tired of dealing with these idiotic service advisors! If you are in the So Cal area and know of a good service advisor that is actually knowledgeable, please let me know. I have dealt with so many and most of the time is seems that I know more than they do.
There is a website called www.dealerrater.com. Give it a try. We don't want you to "go postal" on us. Apologies in advance if you happen to work for USPS.
Mods-Etc: Quaife LSD w/VAC finned diff cover, M3 Rear SF Bushings, M3 sways & OEM Susp Front/Rear Cmpnt Kits ('cept strut brace), GC Caster/Camber Plates, AC Schnitzer M3 Sport Springs, JRZ RS1 dampers, JBD 100%, Goodrich SS brake lines, non-stggrd APEX ARC-8 18" wheels with Michelin PSS tires (winter OEM 17" wheels and Blizzak LM-25).
335dFan is offline   United_States
      01-09-2014, 08:55 AM   #30
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers

Drives: 2009 e90 2011 f10

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_planet View Post
There are no noises that are acceptable on a car of this supposed build quality.
this made me chuckle.

2009 MBM 328| ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | CA | 6FL | NAV | XENONS | 18x8.5 VB3s ET30/25
2011 Jet Black 535i xdrive | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | 6FL | NAV | 331s Square
wdeerfield is offline   United_States
      01-09-2014, 06:59 PM   #31
daveN007
Private

Drives: 2011 335d

When I pull out of my long, steep driveway I hear lots of creaks and groans from the car. Interior sounds. Maybe door seal lube will help?

Exiting the garage stall where my 335d sleeps includes some frame twisting maneuvers.

Once driving more than 20 mph any sounds are drowned out by tire noise.

It is only an issue when nearly at a dead stop and driving over un-level pavement.

I was definitely surprised to hear these noises. I don't hear anything similar in my Porsche. Engine noise would drown them out. I suppose.
      01-09-2014, 07:28 PM   #32
Vreimann
Private First Class

Drives: 2011 335D M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timujin View Post
I bought my car used and it did this. The dealer lubed the door seals with some kind of lube stick and it's been good since. It was very concerning. The sales guy told me it was normal. They sell a lot of used BMWs and he was correct.
The lube stick is Carbaflo KSP 105 and this stuff is amazing and expensive. I think I first read about it on this site.

I went online to find the code so I could go and get the ordering information. My dealership said they don't sell Carbaflo, so I asked him to go online and cut/paste the order number into their products list and voila, indeed they do sell it.

Works wonders on the door seals and on any two surfaces that rub and create noise. I usually apply once a year just to be safe.
      01-09-2014, 10:44 PM   #33
Ryebread
Diesel Fitter

Drives: 335d m-sport LMB

Garage List
I purchased gummi pflege
It's a lifesaver.
Ryebread is offline   United_States