E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > BMW CODING success



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-24-2013, 02:49 AM   #4731
xelion
Banned
 
Drives: 320d
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: WA

Posts: 82
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFury View Post
If i buy this cable does that mean all i need to do is download the BAV tech tool software to use as a scanner?
Which cable? You can buy K+DCAN and download Standard tools 2.12, then you will have everything you need.
xelion is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2013, 05:26 AM   #4732
AviatorBimmer
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i E92
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Virginia

Posts: 556
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelion
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFury View Post
If i buy this cable does that mean all i need to do is download the BAV tech tool software to use as a scanner?
Which cable? You can buy K+DCAN and download Standard tools 2.12, then you will have everything you need.
Does Standard Tools work with the BT Scan cable from Bavarian Tech?
AviatorBimmer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2013, 06:20 AM   #4733
xelion
Banned
 
Drives: 320d
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: WA

Posts: 82
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviatorBimmer View Post
Does Standard Tools work with the BT Scan cable from Bavarian Tech?
No, it doesn't I think. Just buy K-dcan from ebay or onestopelectronic and install Standard Tools 2.12.
xelion is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2013, 01:15 PM   #4734
Najt
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: e92 325D 2008
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Czech Republic

Posts: 219
iTrader: (0)

I wanted turn off my tail ligths during auto mode with DRL. I have coded:

VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL
tfl_s
DRL_TFL_MIT_RL_BL
nicht_aktiv
DRL_TFL_MIT_RL_BL_1
nicht_aktiv
DRL_TFL_MIT_RL_BL_2
nicht_aktiv


and I got error in iDrive after start... that rear lights are off...something like that..it was really annoying so i reverted that back.

shall I change it to
VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL
drl_s

??
Najt is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2013, 07:19 AM   #4735
pepsih
Captain
 
pepsih's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Currently NY

Posts: 689
iTrader: (2)

hey guys i will do my first retrofit.
front and rear PDC
i have to add $508 to VO
but in which modules?
CAS? FRM? CAPPL?
thanks

i know i also have to change PDC_type set to rear in CGATE and CHOST module and change this to full

Last edited by pepsih; 10-27-2013 at 07:29 AM.
pepsih is offline   France
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2013, 01:32 PM   #4736
Najt
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: e92 325D 2008
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Czech Republic

Posts: 219
iTrader: (0)

FA codes are coded into CAS and NFRM in e9x
Najt is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #4737
808AWD325xi
Ballin' out of control.
 
808AWD325xi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fremont, CA

Posts: 634
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akotten View Post
Decided to move it all to one post. Enjoy!

Windows 7 64-bit NCS Expert
NCS Expert Files (Folder Link)
https://mega.co.nz/#F!OI4S2JzJ!SJLfZWUwMYJSMU38Nzw67A


The patched expert profiles required for BMW Standard Tools 2.12 are attached.
Profiles go here: C:\NCSEXPER\PFL
(credit goes to ******84)


I've also attached the necessary txt file to convert the NCS Expert menus to English. I've only tested this on NCS Expert V4.0.1
Place the file here: C:\NCSEXPER\CFGDAT


Individual install file here:
Standard_Tools_Setup_2.12.exe (32.1 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!HBxi3CTa!AyhnTQ...RVQ2wYF5H8J4ek

I only use the 2.12 install for NCS Expert. I use a different patched verison of INPA.
I installed Standard Tools 2.12 and ******84's profiles w/SP-Daten 50.2 on a fresh install of Windows 7 x86 (32-bit.) I'm getting stuck at step 24 of Junior's NCS DIY guide. The password repxet doesn't work. What is the password for these v3 profiles?

Which profile should I select?

Thanks in advance!

808AWD325xi is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #4738
akotten
Major
 
akotten's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rapid City, SD

Posts: 1,032
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808AWD325xi View Post
I installed Standard Tools 2.12 and ******84's profiles w/SP-Daten 50.2 on a fresh install of Windows 7 x86 (32-bit.) I'm getting stuck at step 24 of Junior's NCS DIY guide. The password repxet doesn't work. What is the password for these v3 profiles?

Which profile should I select?

Thanks in advance!

I haven't used the software in a while, but I believe the profiles in the link, provided by ******, do not require the password.

I believe the last one on your list works fine for what we are doing.
__________________
TC Kline S/A | Vorshlag Camber Plates | ///M Bushings & ARB | CP-e DPs | VRSF FMIC | Procede 2.5 w/ OpenFlash | DCI |
akotten is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2013, 01:00 AM   #4739
Ants
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ATX

Posts: 37
iTrader: (1)

Tried to search this thread but its a beast. Can I use this K+DCAN cable to register a new car battery?
Ants is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2013, 01:09 AM   #4740
WhiteFury
Boooost!
 
WhiteFury's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NJ

Posts: 709
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [1.88]
How do I use standard tools to scan obd codes? I have coded many things with NCS expert and winkfp. I know this probably sounds dumb lol
__________________

JB4 Stage 2 | Injen CAI | BMW PE | AR Catless DP | Alpina TCU Flash | Eibach Pro Kit | Custom TCKline Koni's | 19" RS7 Wheels | DWS Tires
WhiteFury is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-10-2013, 10:39 AM   #4741
cewo38
New Member
 
cewo38's Avatar
 
Drives: bmw e90 320d
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: belgium

Posts: 11
iTrader: (0)

heyy

can someone explain me how i can activate us lights with ncs expert
on my e90 pre-lci

thank you
cewo38 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #4742
wilkr1
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 M3 Sedan JB
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 117
iTrader: (1)

Windows vista

Will the coding setup work on a windows vista machine?
I have been getting the error....please see attachment

Any help would be appreciated
Attached Files
File Type: doc Codingerror.doc (27.5 KB, 39 views)
wilkr1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2013, 06:54 AM   #4743
xxxjecxxx
Captain
 
xxxjecxxx's Avatar
 
Drives: Jet Black 06 325i LCI
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orlando, FL

Posts: 739
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808AWD325xi View Post
I installed Standard Tools 2.12 and ******84's profiles w/SP-Daten 50.2 on a fresh install of Windows 7 x86 (32-bit.) I'm getting stuck at step 24 of Junior's NCS DIY guide. The password repxet doesn't work. What is the password for these v3 profiles?

Which profile should I select?

Thanks in advance!

Try using the "Expert MAN" profile that is already there.
xxxjecxxx is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2013, 06:55 AM   #4744
xxxjecxxx
Captain
 
xxxjecxxx's Avatar
 
Drives: Jet Black 06 325i LCI
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orlando, FL

Posts: 739
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFury View Post
How do I use standard tools to scan obd codes? I have coded many things with NCS expert and winkfp. I know this probably sounds dumb lol
INPA easiest way.
xxxjecxxx is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-15-2013, 09:31 AM   #4745
808AWD325xi
Ballin' out of control.
 
808AWD325xi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fremont, CA

Posts: 634
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akotten View Post
Decided to move it all to one post. Enjoy!

Windows 7 64-bit NCS Expert
NCS Expert Files (Folder Link)
https://mega.co.nz/#F!OI4S2JzJ!SJLfZWUwMYJSMU38Nzw67A


The patched expert profiles required for BMW Standard Tools 2.12 are attached.
Profiles go here: C:\NCSEXPER\PFL
(credit goes to ******84)


I've also attached the necessary txt file to convert the NCS Expert menus to English. I've only tested this on NCS Expert V4.0.1
Place the file here: C:\NCSEXPER\CFGDAT


Individual install file here:
Standard_Tools_Setup_2.12.exe (32.1 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!HBxi3CTa!AyhnTQ...RVQ2wYF5H8J4ek

I only use the 2.12 install for NCS Expert. I use a different patched verison of INPA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808AWD325xi View Post
I installed Standard Tools 2.12 and ******84's profiles w/SP-Daten 50.2 on a fresh install of Windows 7 x86 (32-bit.) I'm getting stuck at step 24 of Junior's NCS DIY guide. The password repxet doesn't work. What is the password for these v3 profiles?

Which profile should I select?

Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akotten View Post
I haven't used the software in a while, but I believe the profiles in the link, provided by ******, do not require the password.

I believe the last one on your list works fine for what we are doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxjecxxx View Post
Try using the "Expert MAN" profile that is already there.
Thanks guys. Turned out that I needed a patched 32-bit version of NCS Expert 4.0.1 in order to be able to edit the profile without having to enter a password.

I found the patched version in this thread:
32bit English NCSEXPER.exe

808AWD325xi is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-15-2013, 08:05 PM   #4746
akotten
Major
 
akotten's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rapid City, SD

Posts: 1,032
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808AWD325xi View Post
Thanks guys. Turned out that I needed a patched 32-bit version of NCS Expert 4.0.1 in order to be able to edit the profile without having to enter a password.

I found the patched version in this thread:
32bit English NCSEXPER.exe

Or...you could just use the patched profiles and skip that step.
__________________
TC Kline S/A | Vorshlag Camber Plates | ///M Bushings & ARB | CP-e DPs | VRSF FMIC | Procede 2.5 w/ OpenFlash | DCI |
akotten is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2013, 03:49 AM   #4747
ryuunfujihara
Enlisted Member
 
ryuunfujihara's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 320i Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Melbourne, Victoria

Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)

Anyone followed xxxjecxxx's guide and ended up with two profiles called "FSW PSW MAN"? I don't know how I managed it... Also I don't know whether to delete one or leave them both. Clues anyone? Thanks!
ryuunfujihara is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #4748
mstgeer
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 07 328xi Apline / Terra
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Waterford, PA

Posts: 34
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuunfujihara View Post
Anyone followed xxxjecxxx's guide and ended up with two profiles called "FSW PSW MAN"? I don't know how I managed it... Also I don't know whether to delete one or leave them both. Clues anyone? Thanks!

I also have this issue, it appears both profiles are exactly the same on my computer and both seem to code fine.

The expert mode is now missing from my profile list.

Anyone else have any input?
mstgeer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2013, 10:55 AM   #4749
pepsih
Captain
 
pepsih's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Currently NY

Posts: 689
iTrader: (2)

HI, just want to make sur before i do something lol
ipod retrofit coding i have to add fa "+ipod"
???
because in the list it's "SRPDA IPOD INTEGRATION"

thanks
pepsih is offline   France
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2013, 01:40 PM   #4750
alexfrs
New Member
 
Drives: 330d
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: reading, uk

Posts: 10
iTrader: (0)

Ive just been told by my local "specialist" that e92 lci 2011 can't be coded, is this right?
alexfrs is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2013, 05:18 PM   #4751
shawnsheridan
Brigadier General
 
shawnsheridan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 3,738
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfrs View Post
Ive just been told by my local "specialist" that e92 lci 2011 can't be coded, is this right?
Bullshit!
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
shawnsheridan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2013, 05:23 PM   #4752
alexfrs
New Member
 
Drives: 330d
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: reading, uk

Posts: 10
iTrader: (0)

lol, straight to the point
alexfrs is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST