E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > 2013 Track Dates (Quebec, Ontario and U.S. North East)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #1035
jgalaxy
Gearing
 
jgalaxy's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

Posts: 3,798
iTrader: (3)

Anyone interested in VIR full course Nov 1,2,3? NJ PCA.
__________________
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W

jgalaxy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-22-2013, 11:00 PM   #1036
kenneth
Major General
 
kenneth's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

Posts: 8,674
iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
Anyone interested in VIR full course Nov 1,2,3? NJ PCA.
Pretty much over for me this season

There is a risk of snow on Saturday night, and rumours are that snow is coming in southern Ontario and QC ....

I sure hope it doesn't snow though!

__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
kenneth is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2013, 08:02 AM   #1037
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
 
Tonybest's Avatar
 
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

Posts: 4,920
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
Anyone interested in VIR full course Nov 1,2,3? NJ PCA.
I would if I could, but I can't so I won't.

Next year for sure, either Road America (Elkhart Lake) or VIR once again.
Attached Images
 
Tonybest is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #1038
jgalaxy
Gearing
 
jgalaxy's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

Posts: 3,798
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
Anyone interested in VIR full course Nov 1,2,3? NJ PCA.
Pretty much over for me this season

There is a risk of snow on Saturday night, and rumours are that snow is coming in southern Ontario and QC ....

I sure hope it doesn't snow though!

Be sure to have the snow tires handy for Sunday.
__________________
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W

jgalaxy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #1039
kenneth
Major General
 
kenneth's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

Posts: 8,674
iTrader: (16)

Last track day

Calabogie was fun today, a little (ok a lot) chilly but dry, 6C with a little breeze. Froze my legs in the afternoon, should have worn underpants.

Joel gave me a ride in the Green Monster, I was quite amazed of the cornering g-force, Car is quite nicely balanced. Plus the great driving of Joel.

I did much better than last time more smooth, more on throttle and I finally got a couple of trouble corners down pat. Have to go back (at least twice) next year!

We also met Jay and Khalid from TO. Nice chaps.
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
kenneth is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #1040
jgalaxy
Gearing
 
jgalaxy's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

Posts: 3,798
iTrader: (3)

2013 season comes to a end

Ken and I finished up the season at CMP. One of my most favourite tracks. Like Ken said ... chilly. Tires never really got up to temp and there was plenty of slip on the cold track. Surprisingly no drama on the track today. Not a single car had to be towed damp and cold as it was. We did have a lovely 944 that blurped a coolant hose or valve and painted the track. Luckily no slip and slide trouble after that. There was a fellow that brought his restored Datsun 240Z. Very very nice.

Well time to wrap up the green machine and store her for 2014.
__________________
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W

jgalaxy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2013, 10:26 PM   #1041
sawzall
Major
 
sawzall's Avatar
 
Drives: A Car
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,277
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 911S  [5.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
Ken and I finished up the season at CMP. One of my most favourite tracks. Like Ken said ... chilly. Tires never really got up to temp and there was plenty of slip on the cold track. Surprisingly no drama on the track today. Not a single car had to be towed damp and cold as it was. We did have a lovely 944 that blurped a coolant hose or valve and painted the track. Luckily no slip and slide trouble after that. There was a fellow that brought his restored Datsun 240Z. Very very nice.

Well time to wrap up the green machine and store her for 2014.
^ Ugh, I was driving the 944 when it dumped coolant. This is one of the cars we're planning to run in Chumpcar next year, and we brought it up to see what needed to be done to it. It ran all day Saturday with no problems, and Jaypod had it out for a few sessions with no issues. And of course, the one session I take it out, the water pump failed. The coolant overflowed from the reservoir, but luckily there was no other damage to the car. I can't believe how much I actually dumped, from 2 all the way till the end of rocky road practically!

I ran in the red 911 C2S (among a sea of GT3RS) and was helping out the R8 drivers. Saturday and Sunday especially was an absolute blast. It was great to see so many familiar faces. Joel and Ken, it was great to finally meet you in person!

Hopefully we'll see you all in 2014!
sawzall is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #1042
jgalaxy
Gearing
 
jgalaxy's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

Posts: 3,798
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawzall View Post
^ Ugh, I was driving the 944 when it dumped coolant. This is one of the cars we're planning to run in Chumpcar next year, and we brought it up to see what needed to be done to it. It ran all day Saturday with no problems, and Jaypod had it out for a few sessions with no issues. And of course, the one session I take it out, the water pump failed. The coolant overflowed from the reservoir, but luckily there was no other damage to the car. I can't believe how much I actually dumped, from 2 all the way till the end of rocky road practically!

I ran in the red 911 C2S (among a sea of GT3RS) and was helping out the R8 drivers. Saturday and Sunday especially was an absolute blast. It was great to see so many familiar faces. Joel and Ken, it was great to finally meet you in person!

Hopefully we'll see you all in 2014!
It was finally great to meet you as well. Better to have popped the coolant system Sunday rather on race day. That will be one mean car. As always, you guys have the cleanest looking cars. Sure beats the looker the Calabogie Chumpcar team had out in the paddocks on Sunday. "A" for effort on making it a convertible.
__________________
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W

jgalaxy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2013, 08:29 AM   #1043
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
 
Tonybest's Avatar
 
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

Posts: 4,920
iTrader: (1)

Lazyboys purchased. Car delivered tomorrow at a reputable cage builder.
Tonybest is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2013, 08:34 AM   #1044
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
 
Pseudo Nim's Avatar
 
Drives: fast, sometimes slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: i am a citizen of the world

Posts: 4,733
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
Lazyboys purchased. Car delivered tomorrow at a reputable cage builder.
.... and tony abandons all resemblance of keeping a stock car.
Pseudo Nim is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #1045
kenneth
Major General
 
kenneth's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

Posts: 8,674
iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
Lazyboys purchased. Car delivered tomorrow at a reputable cage builder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
.... and tony abandons all resemblance of keeping a stock car.
Tell us more! How light the seats, half or full cage? who is cage builder etc.

You can be fined for not giving enough details

Since it will be no longer stock, I sense a SC kit in its future

My next car will be most likely in 2015 or 2016, not 2014. I am patient.... not!!!
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
kenneth is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #1046
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
 
Tonybest's Avatar
 
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

Posts: 4,920
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
.... and tony abandons all resemblance of keeping a stock car.
So sad isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
Tell us more! How light the seats, half or full cage? who is cage builder etc.

You can be fined for not giving enough details

Since it will be no longer stock, I sense a SC kit in its future

My next car will be most likely in 2015 or 2016, not 2014. I am patient.... not!!!
No SC kit in the next 2 or 3 years for sure.
Seats are very light. Half cage. Not that crazy (yet).

You know the cagebuilder.

I am sad and happy at the same time.
Tonybest is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #1047
kenneth
Major General
 
kenneth's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

Posts: 8,674
iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
So sad isn't it?



No SC kit in the next 2 or 3 years for sure.
Seats are very light. Half cage. Not that crazy (yet).

You know the cagebuilder.

I am sad and happy at the same time.
Well the SC kit is always there if needed!

Carbon seats are the lightest, and expensive too, over 2 grand each.

As for the cage my friend, definitely the welding etc is going beyong the point of no return, and I understand your happy/sad feeling.

Any other mods such as, stripping the interior, coilovers and BBK?
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
kenneth is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #1048
kenneth
Major General
 
kenneth's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

Posts: 8,674
iTrader: (16)

M owners

I had a question to M owners with Electronic Damper Control.

Do you drive using the Normal or the Sport mode on track? Which setting is better?
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
kenneth is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-03-2013, 10:22 AM   #1049
sawzall
Major
 
sawzall's Avatar
 
Drives: A Car
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,277
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 911S  [5.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
I had a question to M owners with Electronic Damper Control.

Do you drive using the Normal or the Sport mode on track? Which setting is better?
When I had my M3 I used Normal in the wet and Sport mode in the dry.
sawzall is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #1050
kenneth
Major General
 
kenneth's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

Posts: 8,674
iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawzall View Post
When I had my M3 I used Normal in the wet and Sport mode in the dry.
Thanks for this, and for someone using the M for track, would a car without the adaptive damper system be 'softer' than the Sport mode. Just wondering if you had the choice again if you'd get the Adaptive damper system or not.

__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
kenneth is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #1051
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
 
Tonybest's Avatar
 
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

Posts: 4,920
iTrader: (1)

My M has a SPORT button but it doesn't do the same as the SPORT button on a e9x M3...
I have it on all the time rain or shine. About 40% of other M Coupe or Z4 M drivers use it on the track. They find it to harsh, unpredictable... I got used to it.
Tonybest is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #1052
kenneth
Major General
 
kenneth's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

Posts: 8,674
iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
My M has a SPORT button but it doesn't do the same as the SPORT button on a e9x M3...
I have it on all the time rain or shine. About 40% of other M Coupe or Z4 M drivers use it on the track. They find it to harsh, unpredictable... I got used to it.
I have been reading up on it! Sport is stiffer yes, but its setting is static, hence predictable.

The normal and comfort mode are the ones that have the setting continuously vary, depending on the road surface.
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
kenneth is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #1053
jgalaxy
Gearing
 
jgalaxy's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal

Posts: 3,798
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
Lazyboys purchased. Car delivered tomorrow at a reputable cage builder.
Awesome. Keeping the rear interior or is that going bye-bye with the 1/2 cage? What seat and 5/6 point harness combo did you go with? HANS?
__________________
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking
about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W

jgalaxy is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-03-2013, 11:17 PM   #1054
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
 
Tonybest's Avatar
 
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc.

Posts: 4,920
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
Awesome. Keeping the rear interior or is that going bye-bye with the 1/2 cage? What seat and 5/6 point harness combo did you go with? HANS?

Hopefully most of the rear wall stays, but some holes are expected.

OMP HTE XL for the driver, and another OMP, without halo this one for the passenger

Harnesses are schroth clubman for passenger, and somewhat better model for the driver with the quick adjustment. Profi ??

Hans yes. will purchase this next spring.
Tonybest is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #1055
kenneth
Major General
 
kenneth's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal

Posts: 8,674
iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
Hopefully most of the rear wall stays, but some holes are expected.

OMP HTE XL for the driver, and another OMP, without halo this one for the passenger

Harnesses are schroth clubman for passenger, and somewhat better model for the driver with the quick adjustment. Profi ??

Hans yes. will purchase this next spring.
__________________
SB, Terra, 6MT. Only a few mods here and there.....nothing extreme!
kenneth is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #1056
Jaypod
Brigadier General
 
Jaypod's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,950
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
It was finally great to meet you as well. Better to have popped the coolant system Sunday rather on race day. That will be one mean car. As always, you guys have the cleanest looking cars. Sure beats the looker the Calabogie Chumpcar team had out in the paddocks on Sunday. "A" for effort on making it a convertible.
Great to see you guys out at the track again - looking forward to next year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
Hopefully most of the rear wall stays, but some holes are expected.

OMP HTE XL for the driver, and another OMP, without halo this one for the passenger

Harnesses are schroth clubman for passenger, and somewhat better model for the driver with the quick adjustment. Profi ??

Hans yes. will purchase this next spring.
Cant wait to see the build Tony!! Sounds like it is going to be a track monster!
Jaypod is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST