E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Coding my reverse mirrors to tilt further down



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #45
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
cn555ic's Avatar
 
Drives: 917-939-4980
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

Posts: 18,256
iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Desi...Hope you get it working...Its indeed one of those codes that actually is USEFUL! lol
__________________

Coding E and F New York 917-939-4980
cn555ic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2013, 12:47 AM   #46
iROM3
New Member
 
iROM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 9
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
I used Nettodat coding using NCS for Dummies


Frm2

Fahweg_bordstein_autom

custom value is 5A

Frm3

Asp_weg_bordstein-autom

custom value is 5A


Here are the steps required: Again you should be pretty experienced in coding..

-Code using NCSexpert like you normally would and when the Nettodat file pops up, close it out and make a note of the FRM module that is on your car..
-Load up NCS for Dummies
-Load E89 chassis daten folder
-Look up the module that your car has within that e89 daten
-Load the Nettodat.trc file in the NCSexpert Work folder
-Then the trace editor will pop up at the top of NCS for dummies if you have correctly matched the module and the trc file..Once it reads the entire module..
-Look for the script above that pertains to your module on your car
-Right click on the script line I posted above for your module on your car
-There will be a new custom line, click on it and now in green there is a new entry at the bottom of the script line your coding..click on it and at the bottom change the value to 5A
-After changing it make sure arrow is checked on the new custom value
-Export trace file to nettodat.man ( it will state there is already the same file copy over it..yes)
-Go back into ncsexpert and hit basic functions...use CoapiCodeSgNettodat
-It will then have a box pop up with your module your coding at the top and the bottom part you need to
-Enter Nettodat.man and hit return (make sure ignition is on because as soon as you hit return because coding will begin immediately after hitting return)

Coding will commence and you will see your lighting module reset itself, and then NCSexpert will return back to the page before you went to NCS for dummies...Close out the ncsexpert at this point. Congrats you coded your mirror
to show the curb and the rear passenger tire and basically did what BMW should have done in the first place to make this functionality USEFUL!

Make sure after you close out the NCSexpert to clear your man file or your next coding experience you will run into errors..
THANK YOU cn555ic for posting this! I noticed this issue last week and used this DIY to tilt mine further as well. I felt 5A was to steep an angle (maybe better for coupes since wheels might be closer to the mirror?) and coded in custom value 43 and I think it's perfect for my sedan.
iROM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #47
DESI4life10
Banned
 
DESI4life10's Avatar
 
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: West of Toronto, Canada

Posts: 3,365
iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Desi...Hope you get it working...Its indeed one of those codes that actually is USEFUL! lol
Forgot to update this thread.
I did get it to work. Worked the 2nd trying this. However, I found the tilt a little too steep for the sedan as I lost my reference to the curb.

Gonna try coding a minor tilt and see how that goes.

Definately a fun feature to have. Thanks again
DESI4life10 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2013, 10:07 AM   #48
dolu57
Private
 
dolu57's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 330d e90 LCI
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: France

Posts: 66
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
My car was already doing this before coding.. And I don't have electrical seats, maybe because my car is european...

It's even in my user manual
__________________
I hope my english isn't too bad...
dolu57 is offline   France
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2013, 09:57 PM   #49
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
cn555ic's Avatar
 
Drives: 917-939-4980
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

Posts: 18,256
iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by iROM3 View Post
THANK YOU cn555ic for posting this! I noticed this issue last week and used this DIY to tilt mine further as well. I felt 5A was to steep an angle (maybe better for coupes since wheels might be closer to the mirror?) and coded in custom value 43 and I think it's perfect for my sedan.
So instead of 5A you used 43? I guess sedans this would be good.
__________________

Coding E and F New York 917-939-4980
cn555ic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-14-2013, 01:24 AM   #50
iROM3
New Member
 
iROM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 9
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
So instead of 5A you used 43? I guess sedans this would be good.
Yeah, I just picked the middle value between default value 2B and this custom value 5A, which ended up being hex 43.
__________________
JB4 G5 | B3 TCU | BMS OCC | H&R DRA 20MM | 3.8 CYBA TIPS | MTECH REAR | MTEC V4 | 2500K NOKYA | REDLINE VINYL | LED INTERIOR
iROM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2013, 04:08 AM   #51
cypis007
Private
 
Drives: E91 318d Touring
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Slovakia

Posts: 59
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolu57 View Post
My car was already doing this before coding.. And I don't have electrical seats, maybe because my car is european...
Do you have electric folding mirrors?
cypis007 is offline   Slovakia
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2013, 04:17 AM   #52
Najt
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: e92 325D 2008
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Czech Republic

Posts: 219
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
I used Nettodat coding using NCS for Dummies


Frm2

Fahweg_bordstein_autom

custom value is 5A

Frm3

Asp_weg_bordstein-autom

custom value is 5A


Here are the steps required: Again you should be pretty experienced in coding..

-Code using NCSexpert like you normally would and when the Nettodat file pops up, close it out and make a note of the FRM module that is on your car..
-Load up NCS for Dummies
-Load E89 chassis daten folder
-Look up the module that your car has within that e89 daten
-Load the Nettodat.trc file in the NCSexpert Work folder
-Then the trace editor will pop up at the top of NCS for dummies if you have correctly matched the module and the trc file..Once it reads the entire module..
-Look for the script above that pertains to your module on your car
-Right click on the script line I posted above for your module on your car

-There will be a new custom line, click on it and now in green there is a new entry at the bottom of the script line your coding..click on it and at the bottom change the value to 5A
-After changing it make sure arrow is checked on the new custom value
-Export trace file to nettodat.man ( it will state there is already the same file copy over it..yes)
-Go back into ncsexpert and hit basic functions...use CoapiCodeSgNettodat
-It will then have a box pop up with your module your coding at the top and the bottom part you need to
-Enter Nettodat.man and hit return (make sure ignition is on because as soon as you hit return because coding will begin immediately after hitting return)

Coding will commence and you will see your lighting module reset itself, and then NCSexpert will return back to the page before you went to NCS for dummies...Close out the ncsexpert at this point. Congrats you coded your mirror
to show the curb and the rear passenger tire and basically did what BMW should have done in the first place to make this functionality USEFUL!

Make sure after you close out the NCSexpert to clear your man file or your next coding experience you will run into errors..
what script ?
Najt is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-30-2013, 04:23 PM   #53
Najt
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: e92 325D 2008
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Czech Republic

Posts: 219
iTrader: (0)

well, I have electric seats without memory but with heating, and no folding mirrors.

I will try it on FRM2 on weekend and let you know if it works.
Najt is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #54
essex_lad
Captain
 
essex_lad's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 325i Msport Highline
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Essex

Posts: 698
iTrader: (0)

nice, I got to do this one. the standard tilt is terrible.
essex_lad is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2013, 01:24 PM   #55
bmw325i
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: United States

Posts: 3,956
iTrader: (5)

Does anyone know how you add this feature? My passenger mirror doesn't tilt down when I reverse and it is annoying to have to do it manually everytime. Thanks in advance.
__________________
2006 BMW 325i Titanium Silver
Mods- 19" AG M310's hypersilver, LCI xenons, drilled and slotted rotors, OEM rear spoiler, OEM exhaust tips, brushed black interior trim, Viper 5904 alarm + remote start
Audio upgrades- Alpine S920HD, JL XD600/6, Jehnert XE200, Morel Hybrid Ovation II, Audioque 2200D, 2 Alpine SWR 12d4's (forward facing sealed from trunk)
bmw325i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-03-2013, 05:58 AM   #56
Najt
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: e92 325D 2008
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Czech Republic

Posts: 219
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
I used Nettodat coding using NCS for Dummies


Frm2

Fahweg_bordstein_autom

custom value is 5A

Hi,
I have coded the FRM2 to custom value, but nothing happens. But my mirrors has doesnt have function comfort folding....

I have only heated seats. In my last e90 I had electric folding mirrors and heated seats and mirror went down when I select revers gear.

Do I have to code something else? I've choose FSW PSW MAN profile.. Shall I choose expertmode profile?
Najt is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST