E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Getting a refund from a company

10-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #1
Kerr
Brigadier General

Drives: 08' 335i Coupe

Getting a refund from a company

A few months ago I booked flight through edreams for heading from Singapore to Bali.

I had filled out all the details correctly, but when the confirmation came through, they had not only got the details wrong, the baggage I paid for was omitted from the order.

It is a nightmare to get a hold of them. Emails were responded to by "call our helpline number" which is a premium rate number at over 1 per minute. I did find a 0845 number but the advice was, don't worry about it, the airline will be ok about it.I knew they wouldn't.

edreams said they couldn't change the order and I had to contact the airline. They were adamant about this. They said any charges that I incurred they would refund.So I paid for the luggage to be added to the order through the airline and provided edreams with the receipt for the bags.

They still haven't coughed up the money.

I paid for it using my credit card, and have requested that a refund is given the very same way.They don't want to do this and are requesting that I provide all my banking details including swift number, bic and iban numbers.

I'm not really wanting to provide my bank details and I have no idea what my bic and swift numbers are anyways.So my real may question is, can't I request by law to have the money refunded exactly how I paid?

Also don't ever use edreams. From what I read they make a mess far too often.
Kerr is online now   Scotland
      10-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #2
nicktyler
Major

Drives: 335i (sadly gone)

Garage List
I'm not sure if the law will let you demand the refund in the same way you paid but if you used your credit card to make the booking in the first place you should give them a ring and see if they can help. If you have any proof of the origional booking details etc I'm sure they will take it on (prob even if you don't) and edreams will be a bit more willing if you get your cc provider involved.
nicktyler is offline   United Kingdom
      10-29-2013, 02:32 PM   #3
Kerr
Brigadier General

Drives: 08' 335i Coupe

I spoke to my credit card company who have asked me to provide evidence in my claim that edreams haven't kept their part of the agreement.

It is clear cut that the errors have been from their end and I have them agreeing to this by email and asking me to pay the extra costs which would be refunded.

My credit card company say they don't do partial refunds. If they broke their contract I get a full refund.

It doesn't seem fair on the credit card company that they have to fork out for companies like edreams. Obviously we do pay to cover these things, but the money should be drawn from edreams.

I wish I had known how bad edreams actually are. I know most people only join review sites to give negative reviews, but edreams record seems to be widely accepted as absolutely awful.
Kerr is online now   Scotland
      10-29-2013, 02:37 PM   #4
zltm089
Major General

Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Thanks for the heads up...

bunch of cockheads...i would get the credit card company to reverse the payments or if they can, refund you the full amount....fuck them!

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.
zltm089 is offline   United Kingdom
      10-30-2013, 04:19 AM   #5
nicktyler
Major

Drives: 335i (sadly gone)

Garage List
The credit card company won't be forking out for edreams. It will take them a bit of time and work but they will claw it back from them and most probably with interest.

And like you say this is why you pay for a credit card. To get this type of protection. They don't give you anything for free, it is their job to sort it out for you in this instance, why should you have to fork out for companies like edreams?
nicktyler is offline   United Kingdom
      10-30-2013, 06:40 PM   #6
Desmondo
Lieutenant

Drives: E90 330i M-Sport

The credit card company will get it back from edreams either as a direct charge back from them or, if they are regular trouble, by hitting them with larger fees.