E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > Custom Walbro E85 Fuel Pump Bucket Install + Walbro GSL392 Inline Pump

Comment

Tutorial Tools Search this Tutorial
Custom Walbro E85 Fuel Pump Bucket Install + Walbro GSL392 Inline Pump
Published by buster84
10-17-2013
Custom Walbro E85 Fuel Pump Bucket Install + Walbro GSL392 Inline Pump

I decided to add a write up for this since I replaced my stock pump with the e85 fuel pump. Yes this its an overkill for a stock turbo setup, but since I already had the inline setup i figured i might as well re-use it. I Highly recommend doing the 255 Inline Setup over this If you want to run Full E85 with a healthy stock fuel pump. If your stock pump is tired or on its way out, then I recommend doing this replacemnt over the Stock pump to get the increased flow, plus this pump is only $107 shipped. If this install looks to complicated I recommend that you replace your stock pump and do the inline setup. Running Both the 255 inline and e85 walbro will OUT FLOW Any other pump setup out their that can run on the LPFP side. This setup could out flow more than The Visnu pump setup or be very close in flow compared to it. Without fuel flow testing i can't say for sure. Visnhu's setup uses the same E85 pump (just in a special billet casing) allowing you to run it inline with your stock pump. This would be a perfect upgrade to run full e85 with RB's. If the HPFP can handle it? That i can't say for sure.

Here is a link to the inline setup that I created.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ghlight=walbro

Here is the pump and kit setup i bought for $107 shipped! (prices vary with the sellers)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171058651115...84.m1439.l2649

For information on removing the pump refer to the link above. I also forgot to snap a picture of the stock bucket after i pulled it out, but once you get the pump removed you will notice that the black lid is glued to the bucket, as well as the 3 prong black piece that holds the pump. Just use a flat head screw driver to break it them free from the side of the bucket.

For pictures showing the stock bucket and how to remove it refer to this link
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17458

You can buy the alluminum tubing online, or at OSH (where i bought it). Just dont make sure its Alluminum. Steel will require a steel bender. I bought my Alluminum tubing bender at O'reilly Auto parts, but these are also on amazon.

I used 3/8's tubing with my setup
http://www.amazon.com/Allstar-ALL401...m+tubing+3%2F8

Here is a nice tubing bender
http://www.amazon.com/TEKTON-6519-Th...+tubing+bender

This was my first Design
This setup would work just fine if running just the pump, but with the inline it puts force on the tubing causing it to bend over time and could affect your fuel level sensor like it did with mine. Hense the reason i revised it.

This is the New Design.

I bought my seal all years ago, but you can buy it here or at your local autoparts store.

http://www.amazon.com/Eclectic-Produ...words=Seal+All

The outlet is connecting to the inline 255 setup that I installed, if your just running the walbro e85 pump you would connect the outlet of the T to the orange hose that was originally connected the top of the stock pump by a black bundy with a green tip.

I didn't show how to remove the pump or re-install the bucket since you can find that information in the DIY walbro 255 install. (link at the top of the thread).

If you got this far you must have completed the install. If your running both the inline and the e85 walbro setup i recommend that you replace your 20amp fuse with a 25amp. I did full 7k rpm pulles on the 20amp fuse without it blowing, but just to be cautious i increased it to 25amps. I ran full e85 with the just the inline setup, but my stock pump started acting up so i replaced it with this one since it was much cheaper than a stock replacement. With this setup you should be good for 800+ hp on 91 and 600+ on full e85 if your HPFP can keep up.
09 E93 335I AT | M-Sport Front bumper (replica) | M3 Side Skirts (replica) | M-Sport Rear Bumper (OEM) | Procede Rev 3 | OpenFlash With Custom Auto Flex Fuel 2.1 Flash | Vishnu Flex Sensor | VRSF 7" FMIC | BMS DCI | Walbro e85 pump + Walbro GLS392 inline running Full e85 | Beyern Mesh 18x8.5 (front) 18x9x5 (rear).
Tutorial Tools
By Daily Three on 10-21-2013, 03:45 PM
is the 392 diy any different if you run the e85 pump with the 392 inline? - probably a dumb question just wanna make sure you are running these two inline.
By buster84 on 11-07-2013, 03:25 AM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
80%80%80%
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
40%40%40%
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
60%60%60%
Average 60%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daily Three View Post
is the 392 diy any different if you run the e85 pump with the 392 inline? - probably a dumb question just wanna make sure you are running these two inline.
Sorry, I just noticed your reply. I'm not sure why i never seen this in my subscribed list. The DIY is pretty much the same with the inline as it would be with the stock pump. Instead of using the bundy connector for the stock pump you would just connect it to the output of the T connector. This is the exact setup I'm running the walbro 85 in the bucket and the GSL392 inline in my tank currently and haven't had any issues

Although i think your the same person i chatted with on another forum...
Last edited by buster84; 11-07-2013 at 03:34 AM.
Comment