E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Stock Turbo XI Record?!!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #155
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
237


 
Jeff@TopGearSolutions's Avatar
 
Drives: C6 Z06, GSXR-750, 09 335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: TopGearSolutions.com


Posts: 18,041
iTrader: (32)

Send a message via AIM to Jeff@TopGearSolutions
Quote:
Originally Posted by akotten View Post
Goodness. I bet traction was terrible. You need a 70F day with some good tires! 11.5 shouldn't been a problem then.
Well he's AWD. So I dont think traction is much of an issue at his power level. (Especially considering he's cutting 1.7 60's).
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #156
akotten
Major
13

 
akotten's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rapid City, SD


Posts: 1,043
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
Well he's AWD. So I dont think traction is much of an issue at his power level. (Especially considering he's cutting 1.7 60's).
So am I. On a cold day, traction is certainly still an issue at these power levels. Any moisture at all and I can spin second gear pretty easily. If my clutch could take a hard launch, I know for a fact I would slip. Honestly, a 1.7 isn't that great for AWD. And I think this is part of it. I'm betting good tires on a warm day can achieve a 1.5-1.6. OP?
__________________
TC Kline S/A | Vorshlag Camber Plates | ///M Bushings & ARB | CP-e DPs | VRSF FMIC | Procede 2.5 w/ OpenFlash | DCI |

Last edited by akotten; 11-06-2013 at 06:31 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 06:36 PM   #157
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
237


 
Jeff@TopGearSolutions's Avatar
 
Drives: C6 Z06, GSXR-750, 09 335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: TopGearSolutions.com


Posts: 18,041
iTrader: (32)

Send a message via AIM to Jeff@TopGearSolutions
Quote:
Originally Posted by akotten View Post
So am I. On a cold day, traction is certainly still an issue at these power levels. Any moisture at all and I can spin second gear pretty easily. If my clutch could take a hard launch, I know for a fact I would slip. Honestly, a 1.7 isn't that great for AWD. And I think this is part of it. I'm betting good tires on a warm day can achieve a 1.5-1.6. OP?
What tires are you on?
We are still talking about a 400WHP car right?

1.7 is good for AWD. Not the best but good. Most AWD owners can barely scrape a 2.0. (Mainly from the bog at launch for 6 MT).

You may be able to squeeze a 1.5 or 1.6 but this transmission will definitely hate you. I wouldn't personally put my car through that much abuse.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #158
akotten
Major
13

 
akotten's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rapid City, SD


Posts: 1,043
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
What tires are you on?
We are still talking about a 400WHP car right?

1.7 is good for AWD. Not the best but good. Most AWD owners can barely scrape a 2.0. (Mainly from the bog at launch for 6 MT).

You may be able to squeeze a 1.5 or 1.6 but this transmission will definitely hate you. I wouldn't personally put my car through that much abuse.
I do agree that a 1.7 is good, and perhaps a good place to be with our transfercase. But honestly, I think everyone is just scared of it. I've never seen a catastrophic failure yet. It's not like the glass transfercase that came on the 3000gt VR4 that would just shatter everywhere if you didn't have it reinforced.

I was on Direzza ZIIs, but FWIW, probably 3/32 or less remaining. They don't like the cold. They're actually supposed to be in storage and kept above 40F. Oops.
__________________
TC Kline S/A | Vorshlag Camber Plates | ///M Bushings & ARB | CP-e DPs | VRSF FMIC | Procede 2.5 w/ OpenFlash | DCI |
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #159
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
237


 
Jeff@TopGearSolutions's Avatar
 
Drives: C6 Z06, GSXR-750, 09 335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: TopGearSolutions.com


Posts: 18,041
iTrader: (32)

Send a message via AIM to Jeff@TopGearSolutions
Quote:
Originally Posted by akotten View Post
I do agree that a 1.7 is good, and perhaps a good place to be with our transfercase. But honestly, I think everyone is just scared of it. I've never seen a catastrophic failure yet. It's not like the glass transfercase that came on the 3000gt VR4 that would just shatter everywhere if you didn't have it reinforced.

I was on Direzza ZIIs, but FWIW, probably 3/32 or less remaining. They don't like the cold. They're actually supposed to be in storage and kept above 40F. Oops.
I hear ya. Once the temps drop below 60F most summer tires become bricks.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 07:50 PM   #160
WedgePerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
12


 
WedgePerformance's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Portland, OR


Posts: 672
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335_MI6 View Post
You ran that 119 with full weight???
That would be 119.88...

I think we need to round up considering 120 isn't out of the question for this car at full weight. That's move'n...

__________________
BQ Tuning by Wedge///Performance
COBB ATR Advanced Tuning - PM me for Specials Pricing on New COBB v3 and our Advanced Tuning Options
484.15 RWHP / 578.54 RWTQ N54 AT Stock Turbo (Dynojet World Record)
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 07:33 AM   #161
Iceberg3232
First Lieutenant
4

 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Newtown, PA


Posts: 382
iTrader: (0)


Not the greatest video since this was my last run and my buddy thought there were no more runs.
__________________
335 XI Coupe/ RB Turbos/ JB4 w/ Wedge Backend / Meth / Inline LPFP / E85 / UUC SSK / Spec2+ SMFW / HPF 7'' IC / Forged DV's / AR DP's / BMS DCI / Apex Arc-8 /Hankook Ventus V12 EVO / KWV1 / HPF Exhaust/ NGK/
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 08:20 AM   #162
J38
BMW Addict
5

 
J38's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Z4-05 ZHP-06 330i + 07 335i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NC


Posts: 424
iTrader: (1)

1.7 60 ft, 11.83 @ 199.88MPH?!?!?!?!?!?!

Jesus, did you stop for coffee at the 60ft mark?

Btw, I don't know what equates to 119mph in these cars, HP-wise. Does that jive with your dyno or did we determine it was reading high?
__________________
'07 Z4 3.0iS White/Saddle - Sold | '05 330 ZHP Silver/Grey - Sold | '06 330i SGM/Black - Sold | '07 335i Jet Black/Saddle - Sold
My Volks FOR SALE!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #163
Iceberg3232
First Lieutenant
4

 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Newtown, PA


Posts: 382
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J38 View Post
1.7 60 ft, 11.83 @ 199.88MPH?!?!?!?!?!?!

Jesus, did you stop for coffee at the 60ft mark?

Btw, I don't know what equates to 119mph in these cars, HP-wise. Does that jive with your dyno or did we determine it was reading high?
It's confirming the 460/521 numbers. Clearly the first post with number reading over 500/600 was reading incorrectly. I need some new tires ASAP to try and cut the 60' time down. I'm also only running 90% boost so I've got another 2 pounds to add to the equation.
__________________
335 XI Coupe/ RB Turbos/ JB4 w/ Wedge Backend / Meth / Inline LPFP / E85 / UUC SSK / Spec2+ SMFW / HPF 7'' IC / Forged DV's / AR DP's / BMS DCI / Apex Arc-8 /Hankook Ventus V12 EVO / KWV1 / HPF Exhaust/ NGK/

Last edited by Iceberg3232; 11-08-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 11:25 AM   #164
akotten
Major
13

 
akotten's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rapid City, SD


Posts: 1,043
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceberg3232 View Post
It's confirming the 470/521 numbers. Clearly the first post with number reading over 500/600 was reading incorrectly. I need some new tires ASAP to try and cut the 60' time down. I'm also only running 90% boost so I've got another 2 pounds to add to the equation.
Are you using no lift shift? I really want to upgrade my Procede for 2-step now. Do you think its worth it?
__________________
TC Kline S/A | Vorshlag Camber Plates | ///M Bushings & ARB | CP-e DPs | VRSF FMIC | Procede 2.5 w/ OpenFlash | DCI |
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #165
Iceberg3232
First Lieutenant
4

 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Newtown, PA


Posts: 382
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akotten View Post
Are you using no lift shift? I really want to upgrade my Procede for 2-step now. Do you think its worth it?
The NLS is actually not turned on. I had major bog issues shifting hard from 1-2 with NLS on. Without it, the car shifts perfectly. The 2 step rev limit is a really nice perk for an AWD coming off the line. I used 3500 at the track on the 11.8 run and am planning to move it closer to 4K next time. Regarding if it's worth it or not...I would spend the money if you're trapping the car. Otherwise you're talking minimal difference. Don't think I've ever used the 2-step on the street but I really did love the NLS...I would use that on the street all the time.
__________________
335 XI Coupe/ RB Turbos/ JB4 w/ Wedge Backend / Meth / Inline LPFP / E85 / UUC SSK / Spec2+ SMFW / HPF 7'' IC / Forged DV's / AR DP's / BMS DCI / Apex Arc-8 /Hankook Ventus V12 EVO / KWV1 / HPF Exhaust/ NGK/
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #166
akotten
Major
13

 
akotten's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rapid City, SD


Posts: 1,043
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceberg3232 View Post
The NLS is actually not turned on. I had major bog issues shifting hard from 1-2 with NLS on. Without it, the car shifts perfectly. The 2 step rev limit is a really nice perk for an AWD coming off the line. I used 3500 at the track on the 11.8 run and am planning to move it closer to 4K next time. Regarding if it's worth it or not...I would spend the money if you're trapping the car. Otherwise you're talking minimal difference. Don't think I've ever used the 2-step on the street but I really did love the NLS...I would use that on the street all the time.
It could be fun for autocross events too!
__________________
TC Kline S/A | Vorshlag Camber Plates | ///M Bushings & ARB | CP-e DPs | VRSF FMIC | Procede 2.5 w/ OpenFlash | DCI |
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #167
J38
BMW Addict
5

 
J38's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Z4-05 ZHP-06 330i + 07 335i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NC


Posts: 424
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceberg3232 View Post
It's confirming the 470/521 numbers. Clearly the first post with number reading over 500/600 was reading incorrectly. I need some new tires ASAP to try and cut the 60' time down. I'm also only running 90% boost so I've got another 2 pounds to add to the equation.
OK then. Damn fine job. Congrats on your run, too.
__________________
'07 Z4 3.0iS White/Saddle - Sold | '05 330 ZHP Silver/Grey - Sold | '06 330i SGM/Black - Sold | '07 335i Jet Black/Saddle - Sold
My Volks FOR SALE!!!!
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST