E90Post

Scorpp Design

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Fake Engine Sound (Active Sound) is Last Straw

11-12-2013, 10:08 PM   #67
335iRlz
Captain

Drives: 335i rip, M3 gone, f10m5 now

I own an f10 m5 lol its not a big deal like it is in here lmao... Throw a sick exhaust and downpipes on it and it is irrelevant. Also if you blast your music you'll never hear it anyway.

The worlds not ending people.
      11-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #68
Tisaksen
Private

Drives: F10 M5 LCI MCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
There's a reason why I'm jumping ship to Porsche. You just listed most of them.
Porsche does have a sound tube though. My 991 Carrera S is louder when i activate Sport or Sport Plus. I dont have the sport exhaust so thats not whats making it louder either... I love it though. Makes the car sound much throatier under full throttle!
Tisaksen is offline   United_States
      11-13-2013, 11:34 AM   #69
325rider
Zyzz Follower

Drives: '11 e90 M3 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Convicted View Post
Active Sound shows that BMW has contempt for true enthusiasts, and because of it,their sales will soon plunge to 0.

But until then, if they don't equip all their cars with LED lights (at N/C), they'll fall behind Audi and Merc. Who, by the way have softer seats, so we should have them. But Porsche has better bolsters on their seats, so maybe we should have them.

Then again, these present, badge whore BMW buyers mostly use that newfangled DCT, which was created by Satan, and not the Be One With Thine Machine 6MT, which cowboys used to herd cattle and Patton used to beat Hitler.

And these F32's have those hideous Bimmerangs, so a good alternative is the C 07, with the gigantic Cheverangs. And i might have to get a GT-R because of that god awful hood cut line, even though the GT-R has it too.

I'll NEVER get rid of my NA V8 either, even though the F8X will outperform it in every way. It's like listening to a symphony! Even though i did get the enhanced sound package...which btw should be standard on a $70K car!

And don't get me started on that glued on iPad nav screen, instead of the beloved hump.

Maybe I'll get an M4 and put a RSGT3AMG badge on it, so people will think I'm an enthusiast.

...or maybe I'll just bitch about everything...yeah, that it!

Truly a genius post. It's like reading about everyone's gripes of why they hate having to own cars they will inevitably buy. In my case, I will look elsewhere for a performance car and never own an M4 unless its for a legit daily i like cruising in. No longer raw enough. Will likely "downgrade/upgrade" to a different breed after the e90 ///M days.
325rider is online now   United_States
      11-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #70
MisterSkiMask
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: I Can not say

It looks to me like the actual F10 M5 owners have spoken, they are fine with the simulations.

M does not make track cars or sports cars it is a premium brand of a premium brand that makes what it's customers want.
      11-14-2013, 12:19 AM   #71
dorkdog
Big Mouth No Filter

Drives: 128i Montego Blue 6MT Sport

I concur with many on here... the thought of piping in engine noise is fodder for laughs; I think it's ridiculous and stupid. But it wouldn't stop me from driving the car, and enjoying it!

One has to remember that we are the minority; we are the 1 percenters who know our car's owner's manual front to back, and my wife says I look at other peoples' cars the way I look at other peoples' wimmen

The average BMW owner is not an enthusiast. I see them every day with their dust-packed wheels and untinted windows. It's just a car. They see 'active sound' on the window sticker and say to themselves, "Well, at least I know the stereo'll sound good!" and then when they feed the pedal they hear the 'engine' and like the car.

So for me, it's like Comfort Access or Memory Seats - I just don't care.
      11-14-2013, 04:24 PM   #72
335iRlz
Captain

Drives: 335i rip, M3 gone, f10m5 now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask View Post
It looks to me like the actual F10 M5 owners have spoken, they are fine with the simulations.

M does not make track cars or sports cars it is a premium brand of a premium brand that makes what it's customers want.
I don't think anyone cares beyond people who don't have the cars... I blast rap/rock in my m5, same way I did in my e92 m3/e90 335x and wouldn't begin to notice some silly sound that has everyone freaking out.

Throw an exhaust on the m5 problem solved.

As far as track cars I'm throwing my fat m5 around corners almost as fast as I was in the e92. I'd take 30mph turns at 70-100 in the m3 and in this fat m5 70-90. Don't get me wrong you will feel the weight, but its not like you're driving a town car...
      11-15-2013, 01:45 AM   #73
bimmerjph
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2002 BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask View Post
You're absolutely right. And that's a damn shame.
bimmerjph is offline   United_States
      11-16-2013, 12:09 AM   #74
ska325xi
Major General

Drives: 325XI

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
word on the streets is that BMW is also making "whistler exhaust tips"....whoot whoot
ska325xi is offline   Hong Kong
      11-16-2013, 03:41 AM   #75
barcelona
Lieutenant

Drives: X

P cars and others have similar amplifications.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...ined-tech-dept
barcelona is offline   Canada
      11-16-2013, 10:28 AM   #76
car_fan
Captain

Drives: 2012 F12 650cic / 2012 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkdog View Post
I concur with many on here... the thought of piping in engine noise is fodder for laughs; I think it's ridiculous and stupid. But it wouldn't stop me from driving the car, and enjoying it!

One has to remember that we are the minority; we are the 1 percenters who know our car's owner's manual front to back, and my wife says I look at other peoples' cars the way I look at other peoples' wimmen

The average BMW owner is not an enthusiast. I see them every day with their dust-packed wheels and untinted windows. It's just a car. They see 'active sound' on the window sticker and say to themselves, "Well, at least I know the stereo'll sound good!" and then when they feed the pedal they hear the 'engine' and like the car.

So for me, it's like Comfort Access or Memory Seats - I just don't care.
"untinted windows" seriously
2012 X3 35i Titanium Silver/Black ZAP/ZPP/TECH/APPS/Breyton GTS/Continental Extreme DW