E90Post
 


N54Tuning.com
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Dyno'd my 335i last Sunday



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
brewnami
Lieutenant
7
Rep
589
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (3)

Dyno'd my 335i last Sunday

Texas Mobile Dyno was at Cars & Coffee this past Sunday (11/10) so I decided to put my car on to see where I'm at with my current mods:

JB4 G5 ISO on map 5
3" BMS catless downpipes
BMS DCI
About 5 1/2 gallons of E85 mixed with 93 (full tank)

Car is a 6MT with about 31,500 miles on it.

Attached a pic of the dyno sheet and below is a link to the first dyno pull at 426whp/463wtq. (Dynojet)

Attached Images
 
__________________
2009 335i M Sport coupe, BSM with black/aluminum interior, 6MT, JB4 G5, BB Flash, Walbro 255 inline LPFP, DCI, BMS 3" catless DP's, Borla Aggressive catback, ER FMIC, ER charge pipe, Tial BOV, BMS 2.3 gal Meth Kit, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve, Ported CDV, Cyba ram air scoops, Koni Yellows, VMR V710.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #2
Myrder
Major
Myrder's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,043
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E92 335i MSport 6MT LMB
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: WildWest

iTrader: (1)

Solid numbers!

Any logs to post up? What kind of psi are you hitting.
__________________
2010|335i|LMB|E92|6MT|MSport|Logic7|335is Clutch|AE Performance|BMS|Walbro|VRSF 7"|
1992|Pontiac Firebird|Mild 355ci|T56|
2001|Camaro Z28|T56|1/4: 12.9@111 (gone)
-I will look on your treasures, gypsy. Is this understood?-
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #3
_Sinister_
Major
_Sinister_'s Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
1,075
Posts

 
Drives: e90 335i mt
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: The High State

iTrader: (0)

Sweet numbers brewnami
__________________
_Sinister_
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #4
brewnami
Lieutenant
7
Rep
589
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (3)

Thanks man! No logs yet... Need to either buy a PC or get windows for Mac. I do have the USB cable that I ran from the ECU into my glove box so once I get my computer sorted out, I will post some logs. That run was on map 5 so I hit a solid 17psi.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrder View Post
Solid numbers!

Any logs to post up? What kind of psi are you hitting.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #5
Myrder
Major
Myrder's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,043
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E92 335i MSport 6MT LMB
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: WildWest

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewnami View Post
Thanks man! No logs yet... Need to either buy a PC or get windows for Mac. I do have the USB cable that I ran from the ECU into my glove box so once I get my computer sorted out, I will post some logs. That run was on map 5 so I hit a solid 17psi.
are you judging psi from gauge hack? That can be off a little, at least in my cases, about 1psi high.

pick up a used windows netbook for cheap haha.
__________________
2010|335i|LMB|E92|6MT|MSport|Logic7|335is Clutch|AE Performance|BMS|Walbro|VRSF 7"|
1992|Pontiac Firebird|Mild 355ci|T56|
2001|Camaro Z28|T56|1/4: 12.9@111 (gone)
-I will look on your treasures, gypsy. Is this understood?-
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #6
brewnami
Lieutenant
7
Rep
589
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (3)

Yeah, I'm using the gauge hack. I was going to snag the p3 gauge, but on the 2007 only, the functions are very limited... Plus, I really prefer analog boost gauges... Probably because that's what I had in my S4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrder View Post
are you judging psi from gauge hack? That can be off a little, at least in my cases, about 1psi high.

pick up a used windows netbook for cheap haha.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 01:17 PM   #7
MasterWang
Captain
14
Rep
752
Posts

 
Drives: 335i e92
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lawrence, KS

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewnami View Post
Thanks man! No logs yet... Need to either buy a PC or get windows for Mac. I do have the USB cable that I ran from the ECU into my glove box so once I get my computer sorted out, I will post some logs. That run was on map 5 so I hit a solid 17psi.
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21742

You're welcome
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #8
brewnami
Lieutenant
7
Rep
589
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (3)

Damn! I got some reading to do! Thanks!


Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterWang View Post
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #9
_Sinister_
Major
_Sinister_'s Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
1,075
Posts

 
Drives: e90 335i mt
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: The High State

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterWang View Post
__________________
_Sinister_
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #10
marc@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
6
Rep
680
Posts


 
Drives: 2010 e92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Sweet number and ride

any baseline numbers ?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #11
brewnami
Lieutenant
7
Rep
589
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (3)

Appreciate it man! I unfortunately did not get any baseline numbers... I essentially took possession of the car and within a day or two, the JB4/DCI was in the mail... Sold my B5 S4 because it would have cost me about 10 grand to get these numbers and once I saw how much power the N54s were putting down with just a tune, it was an easy sell for me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by marc@x-ph.com View Post
Sweet number and ride

any baseline numbers ?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #12
Miller335
Major
15
Rep
1,130
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Sick looking ride and sweet numbers man.
Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #13
ericfox11
Lieutenant
4
Rep
428
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i Sedan M-Sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Its unbelievable that you can take a car that puts out around 280HP 280TQ, put $1000 into it, and it pushes 425HP 465 TQ.

Thats ~ 145HP and 185TQ or a 50% increase in HP and a 65% increase in TQ.

Mind blowing
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #14
Miller335
Major
15
Rep
1,130
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericfox11 View Post
Its unbelievable that you can take a car that puts out around 280HP 280TQ, put $1000 into it, and it pushes 425HP 465 TQ.

Thats ~ 145HP and 185TQ or a 50% increase in HP and a 65% increase in TQ.

Mind blowing
Not only that, as long as you're not drag racing from a dig all the time the rest of the drivetrain can that large percentage increase.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #15
ericfox11
Lieutenant
4
Rep
428
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i Sedan M-Sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Most of what drew me to the 335i was the ability to do downpipes, tune, and E85 and be super fast.

By the time I bought the car I was so scared of reliability I bought an extended warranty through BMW and now don't really feel comfortable doing any of those mods...haha
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 04:21 PM   #16
brewnami
Lieutenant
7
Rep
589
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericfox11 View Post
Most of what drew me to the 335i was the ability to do downpipes, tune, and E85 and be super fast.

By the time I bought the car I was so scared of reliability I bought an extended warranty through BMW and now don't really feel comfortable doing any of those mods...haha

Unfortunately, most people on this forum complain about their problems with the car and give other people a false impression of poor reliability... Most issues I've heard are recalls that are free anyways. People said the same about their B5 S4's... I had those K03 turbos maxed out for years and never once broke down... Only thing I had to do was replace an EGT and controls arms due to wear from coilovers... No one comes on here to tell you how good their car is running. If you can do some light wrenching yourself, it's not that expensive in the end... Everything done on my car was done at my house or a friends with a few cold beers and some elbow grease.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 04:29 PM   #17
ericfox11
Lieutenant
4
Rep
428
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i Sedan M-Sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewnami View Post
Unfortunately, most people on this forum complain about their problems with the car and give other people a false impression of poor reliability... Most issues I've heard are recalls that are free anyways. People said the same about their B5 S4's... I had those K03 turbos maxed out for years and never once broke down... Only thing I had to do was replace an EGT and controls arms due to wear from coilovers... No one comes on here to tell you how good their car is running. If you can do some light wrenching yourself, it's not that expensive in the end... Everything done on my car was done at my house or a friends with a few cold beers and some elbow grease.
In general I do agree with you on this. And my car is a 2009 and I got it checked out at an Indy and they said it was in PERFECT shape.

6 months later I had a cat replaced and both resonators as they had broken and my engine wouldn't go above 2,500 RPMs (I guess this has something to do with an O2 sensor misreading). Anyway, that would have costs me a couple of grand if I didn't have the warranty (and I had BMW replace it) so I think the warranty has paid off.

I will probably do JB4 soon though since I can remove it so easy. I wonder if the dealer could tell if I had been using E85?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 04:38 PM   #18
brewnami
Lieutenant
7
Rep
589
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericfox11 View Post
In general I do agree with you on this. And my car is a 2009 and I got it checked out at an Indy and they said it was in PERFECT shape.

6 months later I had a cat replaced and both resonators as they had broken and my engine wouldn't go above 2,500 RPMs (I guess this has something to do with an O2 sensor misreading). Anyway, that would have costs me a couple of grand if I didn't have the warranty (and I had BMW replace it) so I think the warranty has paid off.

I will probably do JB4 soon though since I can remove it so easy. I wonder if the dealer could tell if I had been using E85?
I don't think they could tell, but think of it this way... If you had bought $380 BMS catless downpipes, you wouldn't have had to replace any cats! So instead of replacing the restricting, expensive, heavy stock pipes, you'd eliminate that all together... More power and a lot less money.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #19
Mardio
Brigadier General
32
Rep
3,116
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335is space grey
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SF

iTrader: (0)

Sweet man.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #20
DaveNJ80
Private
United_States
0
Rep
62
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335I E92
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Upper Saddle River, NJ

iTrader: (4)

Thats some really nice numbers.
__________________
2008 335i E92
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 05:42 PM   #21
Ross328i
Private First Class
4
Rep
158
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328i 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Birmingham, AL

iTrader: (2)

Doesn't appear to be any fans on the intercoolers either. If so, even more impressive!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 06:04 PM   #22
GStar1
HATER
0
Rep
38
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 328i Black
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: TEXAS

iTrader: (0)

nice numbers! I want...
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST