E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Australia Classifieds Section > WTB: wheel lock key e92



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-14-2013, 06:28 AM   #1
waterbottle1
Lieutenant
waterbottle1's Avatar
6
Rep
539
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Perth AUSTRALIA

iTrader: (3)

WTB: wheel lock key e92

I lost my wheel nut key, i have no idea where it went...

Does anyone have a spare to sell ? or know where i can get it locally?
please let me know thanks !

its for, 2009 335i e92

looks like this:
Name:  109336_x800.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  35.4 KB

Name:  109340_x600.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  36.5 KB
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 08:12 AM   #2
N8N
Lieutenant Colonel
N8N's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
1,565
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sterling, VA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to N8N Send a message via MSN to N8N Send a message via Yahoo to N8N
You can get the key separately from the dealer, but you need to know your key number. Best bet is probably to stop by the dealership and see if they can figure out which key you need (unless you wrote it down somewhere before you lost it.) The key number is marked on the key itself but not on the lugs.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 08:47 AM   #3
R3N
Private First Class
Australia
1
Rep
190
Posts

 
Drives: None
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Perth, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Go to dealer, they have a set there and you can see which fits and buy that key. IIRC costs $20-30.

Alternatively, i have a key i no longer need, welcome to try it. I think they have 4-5 different type, never know your luck. I'm around the CBD
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 09:16 AM   #4
waterbottle1
Lieutenant
waterbottle1's Avatar
6
Rep
539
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Perth AUSTRALIA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8N View Post
You can get the key separately from the dealer, but you need to know your key number. Best bet is probably to stop by the dealership and see if they can figure out which key you need (unless you wrote it down somewhere before you lost it.) The key number is marked on the key itself but not on the lugs.
dam.. i didnt even know there was a code on it... lol thanks for the info !


Quote:
Originally Posted by R3N View Post
Go to dealer, they have a set there and you can see which fits and buy that key. IIRC costs $20-30.

Alternatively, i have a key i no longer need, welcome to try it. I think they have 4-5 different type, never know your luck. I'm around the CBD
cheers man, ill go check out the dealership first, since il be heading there nextweek anyway.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 10:52 PM   #5
R3N
Private First Class
Australia
1
Rep
190
Posts

 
Drives: None
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Perth, Australia

iTrader: (0)

$15 for a new key. Just looked at my invoice
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2013, 12:03 AM   #6
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes's Avatar
96
Rep
4,873
Posts


 
Drives: a black car
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (3)

there are ~100 combinations of the key.

Go to a dealer/service department, find the number that matches yours (trial and error) then buy that key.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2013, 07:52 AM   #7
waterbottle1
Lieutenant
waterbottle1's Avatar
6
Rep
539
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Perth AUSTRALIA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart@BMRAutowerkes View Post
there are ~100 combinations of the key.

Go to a dealer/service department, find the number that matches yours (trial and error) then buy that key.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3N View Post
$15 for a new key. Just looked at my invoice
thanks for the info guys, will go dealer and suss it out .
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST