E90Post

MINHS Auto Care Center

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > Replaced my brake pads in my 335!

Comment

Tutorial Tools Search this Tutorial
Mr. 5's Avatar Replaced my brake pads in my 335!
Mr. 5
08-04-2007
First of all, Do this at your own risk! Although this is somewhat an easy task, you are dealing with the brakes in your car! I take no responsibility for the mistakes that you make and this is just a guide for those who want to do the work themselves.
Now, since all of that mumbo jumbo is...
By Lifted07Duramax on 11-16-2013, 11:48 PM
Subbed
By 335e92tx on 03-29-2014, 02:17 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
20%20%20%
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
Average 20%
Good thread. If I could offer a few suggestions since I just did my fronts with a set of hawk pads and cryo centric rotors from tirerack (which are still free shipping actually and so are hawk pads )

EDIT currently Tirerack is offering no shipping cost for ALL brake parts.

The best way to get the front rotors loose from the hubs (in addition to putting on some kind of nut release penetrating oil) is to put two long 3/8" extensions in the vent holes and work around one side then the other until it pops off.

Also, I would suggest putting in the outside pad first and then the inside pad into the piston. By putting the outside (sorry corrected) pad in the caliper guide, it will help stablize the caliper and caliper bracket when you are trying to put in the inside pad. If you do it the traditional way of inside pad first, it will be much more likely to slip out when you are sliding the caliper bracket forward to put in the front pad. I wrestled with the inside pad for an hour and never could get the outside to line up when i tried it after getting the inside pad in. The other way is just 5 mins.
Last edited by 335e92tx; 04-02-2014 at 11:13 AM.
Comment