E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > End of Warranty inspection - would you?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-28-2013, 02:23 AM   #1
bmwgent
New Member
 
Drives: 2010 320d M-Sport
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Sydney

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

End of Warranty inspection - would you?

Nearing the end of my warranty. Anyone had an inspection done by a non dealer to make sure everything which can be done under warranty isn't overlooked by the BMW dealer's last inspection service ?

Last edited by bmwgent; 11-28-2013 at 02:24 AM. Reason: typos
bmwgent is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-28-2013, 03:55 PM   #2
Max555
Private First Class
 
Max555's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 E90 update 320i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Melbourne

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Yep, best money ever spent, cost me $50, found $3000 of warranty work which BMW did in the last 2 weeks of warranty.
__________________
E90 320i Exec 07 update | innovations package | comfort access | 18" ellipsoid 162 | Potenza 225/40 front 255/35 rear
Max555 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      11-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #3
DR-JEKL
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: Space Grey 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Newcastle Ozstraylia

Posts: 1,738
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max555 View Post
Yep, best money ever spent, cost me $50, found $3000 of warranty work which BMW did in the last 2 weeks of warranty.
Nice!!!
DR-JEKL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #4
skidz
Banned
 
Drives: 1mers nuts :D
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: unda da bridge

Posts: 516
iTrader: (0)

dooo ittt
skidz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2013, 11:51 PM   #5
Ninjaoz
Captain
 
Ninjaoz's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Melbourne

Posts: 920
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW X5 3.0d  [5.00]
2011 BMW 320d  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max555 View Post
Yep, best money ever spent, cost me $50, found $3000 of warranty work which BMW did in the last 2 weeks of warranty.
Nice!

any recommendation on a reputable indy shop? Andrew@Southern BM, Activemotorwerke?
Ninjaoz is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2013, 03:43 AM   #6
DR-JEKL
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: Space Grey 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Newcastle Ozstraylia

Posts: 1,738
iTrader: (1)

Jin @ AM would be cheaper!
DR-JEKL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2013, 03:44 AM   #7
PerthBMW
First Lieutenant
 
PerthBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 325i M Sports Innovation
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Perth Western Australia

Posts: 302
iTrader: (0)

My 10c worth...

Hey

I know I will probably get abused here but I spoke to the Stealer as my warranty expires on 22 December 2013, and discussed options for checking my car for any warranty work. They have offered to undertake a full warranty inspection for me free of charge and provide me a loaner car for the day (I didnít ask for one)...I am getting it done tomorrow.

I guess I take the chance they pay lip service to the inspection but I weighed it up and gambled that it is some financial benefit to them because if they find something wrong, BMW Aust picks up the bill to fix it. They also are up for the cost of providing me a free car for the day so maybe I am naive but I went for it.

I will let you know if they find anything (I actually hope they donít) and share with you the report they provide.

Fingers crossed I havenít made a mistake but I still have time to rectify it I guessÖ.
PerthBMW is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2013, 05:49 PM   #8
skidz
Banned
 
Drives: 1mers nuts :D
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: unda da bridge

Posts: 516
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerthBMW View Post
Hey

I know I will probably get abused here but I spoke to the Stealer as my warranty expires on 22 December 2013, and discussed options for checking my car for any warranty work. They have offered to undertake a full warranty inspection for me free of charge and provide me a loaner car for the day (I didnít ask for one)...I am getting it done tomorrow.

I guess I take the chance they pay lip service to the inspection but I weighed it up and gambled that it is some financial benefit to them because if they find something wrong, BMW Aust picks up the bill to fix it. They also are up for the cost of providing me a free car for the day so maybe I am naive but I went for it.

I will let you know if they find anything (I actually hope they donít) and share with you the report they provide.

Fingers crossed I havenít made a mistake but I still have time to rectify it I guessÖ.
I'd have done the same thing. at the end of the day BMW picks up the tab so the dealer is getting paid, even if the rate is reduced its still money they wouldn't have had.
skidz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2013, 10:15 PM   #9
Max555
Private First Class
 
Max555's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 E90 update 320i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Melbourne

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidz View Post
I'd have done the same thing. at the end of the day BMW picks up the tab so the dealer is getting paid, even if the rate is reduced its still money they wouldn't have had.
When I took mine to the dealer they originally told me that some of the work was not covered by warranty, it was only when I pushed back that they finally agreed that it was covered.
__________________
E90 320i Exec 07 update | innovations package | comfort access | 18" ellipsoid 162 | Potenza 225/40 front 255/35 rear
Max555 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2013, 10:57 PM   #10
PerthBMW
First Lieutenant
 
PerthBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 325i M Sports Innovation
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Perth Western Australia

Posts: 302
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerthBMW View Post
Hey

I know I will probably get abused here but I spoke to the Stealer as my warranty expires on 22 December 2013, and discussed options for checking my car for any warranty work. They have offered to undertake a full warranty inspection for me free of charge and provide me a loaner car for the day (I didnít ask for one)...I am getting it done tomorrow.

I guess I take the chance they pay lip service to the inspection but I weighed it up and gambled that it is some financial benefit to them because if they find something wrong, BMW Aust picks up the bill to fix it. They also are up for the cost of providing me a free car for the day so maybe I am naive but I went for it.

I will let you know if they find anything (I actually hope they donít) and share with you the report they provide.

Fingers crossed I havenít made a mistake but I still have time to rectify it I guessÖ.
Well I had the carís warranty check done and there were no major issues found with them only taking the opportunity to update the software on the car. I was pleased with the results and they were very helpful.

I am not sure if this might be connected with the software update or my paranoia but I have noticed the car has used an excessive amount of fuel since getting it back. I hope that they havenít stuffed up the fuel consumption or how the fuel tank gauge reads the tank status - I will need to keep my eye on that. Normally, once full, the needle takes about 80 KMs before it noticeably moves from the upper marker yet I have only travelled 27 KMs since refilling and it is at that 80 KM point already.

Anyone had this problem....?
PerthBMW is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST