E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Otto's BMW in West Chester, PA

10-07-2007, 08:11 PM   #23
Mcrazy

Drives: 335i Sedan

Otto's is a good place to do business. The SA's seem more polite, professional, and tehy have far more product knowledge than their nearby competitors. They may not always be the cheapest, but sometmes it's not worth saving a few hundred bucks if you have to deal with a salesman who is rude and unhelpful. That was how I was treated at Union Park in Delaware, and the same was true of Devon Hill. No one even wanted to greet me, but this was five years ago. I doubt things have changed much though.

I've worked with Justice at Otto's BMW on my previous three purchases. He is easy to get along with, and I've referred two of my friends to him
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2007, 08:09 AM   #24
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States

Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bmw2 View Post
+1 and another +1. service for our two cars was spot-on. Prompt service and fair staff.

Only criticism is too many staffers standing around chatting while customers were waiting. If it is your place of work, you should be working not chatting while customers are waiting

Regarding your criticism, I've noticed that too, several times, and experienced it personally once when I came back to finish up paperwork and needed to see someone in particular. The guy and girl that sit at the desk are super friendly (almost annoyingly so) and ultra quick to say they'll take care of you right away...but then sometimes the line of communication just stops there. After 20 minutes of waiting I just walked in the guy's office myself.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2007, 04:03 PM   #25
2manycars1
Private First Class

Drives: 2008 335i Cv

Loaner car policy

I purchased my 2008 335 convertible in NJ. They gave me a huge discount, and found me a car equipped as I wanted it with only a two week wait (it was on the water). I am sure the fact that I have purchased over 20 cars from them over the last 12 years or so didn't hurt-I used to live less than 2 miles from them.

The issue of course since I live in Chester Springs Pa, is service. If there are any new car issues etc. are there loaner cars availabel to people who bought from other dealers? I understand service is a totally seperate profit center, and have been told most dealerships want you as a service customer, and in fact make more on service than new car purchases.

The Lexus policy is to give loaners to all customers, and I wanted ot know what Otto's policy was?

By the way, sorry for the long post
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2007, 04:13 PM   #26
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manycars1 View Post
I purchased my 2008 335 convertible in NJ. They gave me a huge discount, and found me a car equipped as I wanted it with only a two week wait (it was on the water). I am sure the fact that I have purchased over 20 cars from them over the last 12 years or so didn't hurt-I used to live less than 2 miles from them.

The issue of course since I live in Chester Springs Pa, is service. If there are any new car issues etc. are there loaner cars availabel to people who bought from other dealers? I understand service is a totally seperate profit center, and have been told most dealerships want you as a service customer, and in fact make more on service than new car purchases.

The Lexus policy is to give loaners to all customers, and I wanted ot know what Otto's policy was?

By the way, sorry for the long post
They probably don't do loaners to buyers form other dealers. I speculate that given that I got to sign a form that said I DO get a loaner when I need one, since I bought the car there, and they file that with their service dept. Maybe you could, but jsut not priority over their customers??
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2007, 09:40 PM   #27
2manycars1
Private First Class

Drives: 2008 335i Cv

A great way to discourage business

Thanks for the reply. It sounds like a great way to get poeple to go elsewhere for service.

If they would have been able to get me a car in a reasonable amount of time, and at a reasonable cost I would have gone there since they are local.

With a $2500 discount on an 08 convertible I guess it would have been difficult for them to compete.

I tried to buy a mini from them for my wife two months ago and their price was out of line, and the offer for my trade was almost 2k less than I got from the other dealer.

At any rate I wil need to check on their loaner policy I suppose.

Thanks for the reply
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2007, 08:35 AM   #28
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manycars1 View Post
Thanks for the reply. It sounds like a great way to get poeple to go elsewhere for service.

If they would have been able to get me a car in a reasonable amount of time, and at a reasonable cost I would have gone there since they are local.

With a $2500 discount on an 08 convertible I guess it would have been difficult for them to compete.

I tried to buy a mini from them for my wife two months ago and their price was out of line, and the offer for my trade was almost 2k less than I got from the other dealer.

At any rate I wil need to check on their loaner policy I suppose.

Thanks for the reply
Just as a side note, I had very little trouble/time/hassle getting pretty much one of the best deals in the country at the time on my 335 coupe. I stuck to the "let's cut the BS, here's what the low prices in the country are, this is what I'll pay" email strategy after going to browse in person one time and meet them, and they worked with me to get what I needed ordered. The wait for the car wasn't their fault, they got me the next available build # that they had. Overall sales experience was A quality and probably the second best I've ever experienced. Thinking that maybe my first car, a Saturn, was the best experience...it was so nice to walk in and have zero stress and still have them treat you like royalty
Anyway, I'd have zero hesistation recommending Otto's and Rob, my CA.
Appreciate 0