E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > What's wrong with my CCC iDrive?

01-29-2014, 11:44 AM   #23
BOTUS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E90 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90Mark View Post
Got the call back from my dealer today.
Going to pick it up tomorrow morning.

Will my coded things like digital speed be need to be recoded you think?
Also, my car has an OEM alarm retrofitted. Will that need to be programmed again?

V= speed in display will be gone....

Alarm, depends who did it... if was BM they should get it going, if not then it should have crashed trying then who knows ! some dealers seem to fix it in round the houses, wasted labour kind of way... if they JUST asked an owner what was fitted... and checked the VO of the vehicle in front of them and then checked to see if those extra added toys work BEFORE they try and programme the car, it would halve the pain for both the dealer and the owner

and the V= thing should be std.

why an option the car has (hidden), that makes the car safer and better (by allowing normal drivers to have visibility of the vehicle speed and the steering wheel somewhere comfortable so you can control it safely !!!) should be missing, is something you have to ask the designers and the eng who NEVER bothered to road test the vehicle before they released it for production...
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 02:40 PM   #24
e90Mark
Captain
Philippines
Rep

Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOTUS View Post
V= speed in display will be gone....

Alarm, depends who did it... if was BM they should get it going, if not then it should have crashed trying then who knows ! some dealers seem to fix it in round the houses, wasted labour kind of way... if they JUST asked an owner what was fitted... and checked the VO of the vehicle in front of them and then checked to see if those extra added toys work BEFORE they try and programme the car, it would halve the pain for both the dealer and the owner

and the V= thing should be std.

why an option the car has (hidden), that makes the car safer and better (by allowing normal drivers to have visibility of the vehicle speed and the steering wheel somewhere comfortable so you can control it safely !!!) should be missing, is something you have to ask the designers and the eng who NEVER bothered to road test the vehicle before they released it for production...
Can pretty much confirm this info, thanks.

V= speed is gone. Auto fold when lock is gone. AEs as DRL is still there. My alarm is still "beeping" so I think it's still working. I don't think V= is standard in US.

I dunno if it's just cause I've been driving a f30 for the last few days, but the dash screen seems to have a bigger text for everything.

Need to confirm my PDC is still working, but that was a factory option, unlike my alarm.