E90Post

PYSPEED

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Help diagnosing tire pressure system

02-21-2014, 03:14 PM   #1
rooringhusky
Objects in the mirror are losing

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i E92 AW/CR 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Help diagnosing tire pressure system

Hey fellow e90posters...Looking for some help from the INPA and coding experts...

I am having some issues determining a TPMS (Tire pressure) system fault within my car and was wondering if you would be able to further diagnose the problem...

Pretty much I have a TPMS Malfunction light coming up that stay lit all the time...First thing I did was get the sensors scanned at the local Discount Tire, one of the sensors came up as battery dead...No problem, I bought another sensor and had it replaced thinking it would fix my problem...They all scanned fine but still no luck...Then I went digging into the four receivers located in the wheel wells and found that one of them was missing/ripped off while driving...I bought another one from ebay and replaced it and now I am back at the same issue...The system will not restart and still says TPM Malfunction...The CC ID code that it is throwing is CC-ID 149..I was wondering if I would be able to use my INPA cable to figure out if any of the other receivers or the actually RDC unit is bad (RDC unit = unit that all sensors and receivers communicate to the car through)...I dont want to keep throwing money at all the Tire pressure components and especially not the RDC unit which is a a couple hundred bucks unless I know for sure it is broken...

Let me know if anyone can help me diagnose my issues...Dont feel like continuing to throw money towards this issue until I can get some proper diagnosis first...Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
      02-21-2014, 03:47 PM   #2
joepcrepairs
Banned

Drives: 09 e92 335

why dont you just disable the tpms
joepcrepairs is offline   United_States
      02-21-2014, 09:13 PM   #3
rooringhusky

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ************ View Post
why dont you just disable the tpms
I will if I end up throwing the towel on this issue..

But until then I have already invested a lot of time and money I might as well try to fix the problem first and get functional tire sensors...Any ideas?
rooringhusky is offline   United_States
      02-21-2014, 09:50 PM   #4
joepcrepairs
Banned

Drives: 09 e92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooringhusky View Post
I will if I end up throwing the towel on this issue..

But until then I have already invested a lot of time and money I might as well try to fix the problem first and get functional tire sensors...Any ideas?
I have never done this but try it out with inpa. reset errors. then alsonon your speedometer reset the tpms so it will go away after you drive off.
joepcrepairs is offline   United_States
      02-27-2014, 01:39 PM   #5
rooringhusky

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Bump...Thanks for the help ************

I tried resetting the errors in INPA again...everything else on the car cleared but the RDC issues I am having came back right away...Attaching a picture of the errors shown in INPA
Attached Images