E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Brake Light/DSC Light on



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-21-2014, 03:12 PM   #1
DC2NoVA
Private
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Northern VA

Posts: 66
iTrader: (0)

Brake Light/DSC Light on

I know this topic has been beaten over and over again, but most of the information I've come across in my search refers to abs/dsc/brake.

I'm assuming there's a smaller number of issues about JUST the brake/DSC light? My car is an e90 06 330i and my cruise control is not working as well.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
DC2NoVA is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2014, 03:25 PM   #2
e92_enthusiast_1
Lieutenant Colonel
 
e92_enthusiast_1's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 AW/CR e92 6mt 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chandler, AZ

Posts: 1,589
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I don't have any good info but im sure you googled already and saw that others have tried the steering angle sensor cleaning kit fix. That'd probably be my first troubleshooting attempt . Have you tried getting codes off the DME w/ a logger?
__________________
COBB AP Stg 2+ FMIC Sport | VRSF 3" Catless DP | COBB FMIC | BMS DCI | CP-e Metal Charge Pipe | 370+ whp/435+ lb.ft torque
e92_enthusiast_1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2014, 03:28 PM   #3
Austin 1439
President
 
Austin 1439's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 328xi Coupe Crimson Red
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arkansas

Posts: 219
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2NoVA
I know this topic has been beaten over and over again, but most of the information I've come across in my search refers to abs/dsc/brake.

I'm assuming there's a smaller number of issues about JUST the brake/DSC light? My car is an e90 06 330i and my cruise control is not working as well.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Try pulling off each wheel as clean the wheel speed sensors. If it's not those, I would have a dealership run codes. Code be a failed dsc module or hydro pump
Austin 1439 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2014, 04:47 PM   #4
DC2NoVA
Private
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Northern VA

Posts: 66
iTrader: (0)

I ordered an inba cable online and will be trying to read the codes when it comes in (something I've been meaning to learn how to do). As of right now, next step is cleaning the wheel speed sensors (since it's free).

I was just wondering if anyone else has had only TWO of the three common lights on (brake/dsc) and how it might be different from having all 3 on?

Thanks for the replies guys
DC2NoVA is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2014, 04:50 PM   #5
DC2NoVA
Private
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Northern VA

Posts: 66
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92_enthusiast_1 View Post
I don't have any good info but im sure you googled already and saw that others have tried the steering angle sensor cleaning kit fix. That'd probably be my first troubleshooting attempt . Have you tried getting codes off the DME w/ a logger?
Actually, I'm going to try this after realizing the steering angle sensor diy therad shows 2/3 of the lights... now i just feel silly

Will keep you guys posted!

Thanks again
DC2NoVA is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2014, 04:59 PM   #6
e92_enthusiast_1
Lieutenant Colonel
 
e92_enthusiast_1's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 AW/CR e92 6mt 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chandler, AZ

Posts: 1,589
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Yup, my cable + software's being delivered currently. I am also ordering an old laptop too as a dedicated diagnosis battestation. INPA software runs only on xp or windows 7. They're only like $125 on ebay for a good dell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2NoVA View Post
I ordered an inba cable online and will be trying to read the codes when it comes in (something I've been meaning to learn how to do). As of right now, next step is cleaning the wheel speed sensors (since it's free).

I was just wondering if anyone else has had only TWO of the three common lights on (brake/dsc) and how it might be different from having all 3 on?

Thanks for the replies guys
__________________
COBB AP Stg 2+ FMIC Sport | VRSF 3" Catless DP | COBB FMIC | BMS DCI | CP-e Metal Charge Pipe | 370+ whp/435+ lb.ft torque
e92_enthusiast_1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2014, 04:49 PM   #7
jubid1
New Member
 
Drives: 2006 BMW E90 - Jet black
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Saskatoon, SK , Can

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

Hi DC2Nova , i have the same vehicle as you , and the exact same problem. Aer you going to try to do the steering angle sensor cleaning kit fix. if you've solved this problem , would you be able to post how you did it!! i really miss the cruz control on the Hwy.
thanks
Dave
jubid1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2014, 05:04 PM   #8
DC2NoVA
Private
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Northern VA

Posts: 66
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubid1 View Post
Hi DC2Nova , i have the same vehicle as you , and the exact same problem. Aer you going to try to do the steering angle sensor cleaning kit fix. if you've solved this problem , would you be able to post how you did it!! i really miss the cruz control on the Hwy.
thanks
Dave
I'll keep you informed. I'm waiting on a reader that I ordered to come in before I start randomly trying to solve it
DC2NoVA is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2014, 04:37 PM   #9
DC2NoVA
Private
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Northern VA

Posts: 66
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubid1 View Post
Hi DC2Nova , i have the same vehicle as you , and the exact same problem. Aer you going to try to do the steering angle sensor cleaning kit fix. if you've solved this problem , would you be able to post how you did it!! i really miss the cruz control on the Hwy.
thanks
Dave
I got alignment today and it cleared it right up! I knew it was a possibility, but I wasn't expecting that to be the reason
DC2NoVA is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2014, 08:56 PM   #10
pruettfan
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oro Valley, AZ

Posts: 1,511
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2NoVA View Post
I know this topic has been beaten over and over again, but most of the information I've come across in my search refers to abs/dsc/brake.

I'm assuming there's a smaller number of issues about JUST the brake/DSC light? My car is an e90 06 330i and my cruise control is not working as well.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
I had a similar issue years ago. Turned out to be a rear wheel bearing that caused the ABS speed sensor to fault which shut down the ABS/DSC system at high speeds. Too BMW a week to figure it out, they had to send data to NJ to get their engineers to figure it out. Since you have the same car it may be worth examination. They changed the bearing and the abs speed sensor and it has been fine since (over 140,000 miles ago)
pruettfan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST