E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY: $150* OSS Style Angel Eyes W/ full black out



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-29-2013, 01:19 AM   #89
SgtGoldy
SuperFastYo
SgtGoldy's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
773
Posts

Drives: N54 335i TiAg
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy_0559 View Post
Really dude. you have no idea. the prices i do these for are no brainers 1 day turn arounds and my customer support is spot on. i had this up for a while. im going into a business, I'm stupid to have this up. WTF? no honor. that really is a slap on the face. smh dude.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2013, 11:36 AM   #90
EDM92
Colonel
EDM92's Avatar
United_States
72
Rep
2,561
Posts

Drives: Low&Slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Florida

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy_0559 View Post
Really dude. you have no idea. the prices i do these for are no brainers 1 day turn arounds and my customer support is spot on. i had this up for a while. im going into a business, I'm stupid to have this up. WTF? no honor. that really is a slap on the face. smh dude.
Oh please... You do realize there's a ton of people who don't live anywhere near you who could have used your DIY right? Either way, for someone who wants to pay a shop/person to do the angel eyes for them, it won't matter if there is a DIY up or not. People who want to pay for it will pay for it. People who want to do it themselves are going to do it themselves, regardless of if you took your DIY down or not. There are other DIYs around, although yours was pretty good. You can pretend like you need to take it down from a business standpoint, but really it won't make you much if any money in the long run.
__________________

Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
Broadway Static - CCW - Megan - Orion
Instagram: bmwforlife
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2013, 11:50 AM   #91
sammy_0559
Lieutenant Colonel
sammy_0559's Avatar
United_States
69
Rep
1,956
Posts

Drives: e93 Montego 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: FortWorth, Texas

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 E93 335i  [1.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM92 View Post
Oh please... You do realize there's a ton of people who don't live anywhere near you who could have used your DIY right? Either way, for someone who wants to pay a shop/person to do the angel eyes for them, it won't matter if there is a DIY up or not. People who want to pay for it will pay for it. People who want to do it themselves are going to do it themselves, regardless of if you took your DIY down or not. There are other DIYs around, although yours was pretty good. You can pretend like you need to take it down from a business standpoint, but really it won't make you much if any money in the long run.
you can give me all the reasons you want. I know myself. This DIY is down for now. Quit complaining and insulting me.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 10:05 PM   #92
sammy_0559
Lieutenant Colonel
sammy_0559's Avatar
United_States
69
Rep
1,956
Posts

Drives: e93 Montego 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: FortWorth, Texas

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 E93 335i  [1.83]
Bump! on group buy!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 01:03 PM   #93
DarkNemesis
Major
Canada
44
Rep
1,265
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Sedan AT, US Car
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Vancouver, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy_0559
Bump! on group buy!
I am going replace the lense cover on the left. Bought a cheap broken tabed holgen headlight, but the lense was perfect new condition.

At this time, I would love to upgrade the AEs.
But not sure where to buy replacement AEs.
Or what to use....

I am in Canada, shipping here is a real pain and expense from to USA.

Can you please guide me on what I need material wise on getting new AEs.
I am not into doing it for others in any manner.

What do you replace the AEs with?

That is what I want to know.
DN
__________________
Bash Shah
Sutton Premier Realty
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 09:42 PM   #94
Wycy
Private
0
Rep
61
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 328i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy_0559 View Post
im guessing one of the b**t hurt vendors were about to go out of business... so they reported me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy_0559 View Post
Sorry guys nothing personal. i just started making these headlights locally. and eventually want to expand it as a side business. and from a business standpoint i cannot have this DIY up. i apologize.
I love that you went full-on hypocrite in this very thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy_0559 View Post
Really dude. you have no idea. the prices i do these for are no brainers 1 day turn arounds and my customer support is spot on. i had this up for a while. im going into a business, I'm stupid to have this up. WTF? no honor. that really is a slap on the face. smh dude.
This was a really bad move. Keeping the DIY up would've gained you some publicity and engendered goodwill while allowing people who aren't in your area to do this themselves. While leaving the DIY up might have caused some local people who might've otherwise given you money to do it themselves, a lot of people might've seen the DIY and decided to just go to you to get it done. Having DIY instructions online to do oil changes certainly never hurt dealers business, with countless people still go to dealers/indys to get oil changes. The same would hold doubly true for headlight mods.

This move was just in such poor taste, particularly after this community helped you refine your design (LuceProdukt). Should've just left it up.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 09:45 PM   #95
sammy_0559
Lieutenant Colonel
sammy_0559's Avatar
United_States
69
Rep
1,956
Posts

Drives: e93 Montego 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: FortWorth, Texas

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 E93 335i  [1.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy_0559 View Post
im guessing one of the b**t hurt vendors were about to go out of business... so they reported me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy_0559 View Post
Sorry guys nothing personal. i just started making these headlights locally. and eventually want to expand it as a side business. and from a business standpoint i cannot have this DIY up. i apologize.
I love that you went full-on hypocrite in this very thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy_0559 View Post
Really dude. you have no idea. the prices i do these for are no brainers 1 day turn arounds and my customer support is spot on. i had this up for a while. im going into a business, I'm stupid to have this up. WTF? no honor. that really is a slap on the face. smh dude.
This was a really bad move. Keeping the DIY up would've gained you some publicity and engendered goodwill while allowing people who aren't in your area to do this themselves. While leaving the DIY up might have caused some local people who might've otherwise become your paying customers to do it themselves, a lot of people might've seen the DIY and decided to just go to you to get it done. There's all kinds of instructions online for doing oil changes, but people still frequently like to just get it done by the dealer/someone else. The same would hold doubly true for headlight mods.

This move was just in such poor taste, particularly after this community helped you refine your design (LuceProdukt).
Thanks for the criticism. I'm putting the DIY back up when I have time to re upload all images.
Relax.

Sammy.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 09:51 PM   #96
Forever Fly
Lieutenant Colonel
Forever Fly's Avatar
United_States
151
Rep
1,919
Posts

Drives: 07 E92 M Sport TiAG
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Silver Spring, MD

iTrader: (1)

Sweet. All I care about is the actual wiring portion. I don't need the canbus error cancelers anymore either way, I just had my coder code that out already.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 09:53 PM   #97
sammy_0559
Lieutenant Colonel
sammy_0559's Avatar
United_States
69
Rep
1,956
Posts

Drives: e93 Montego 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: FortWorth, Texas

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 E93 335i  [1.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Fly
Sweet. All I care about is the actual wiring portion. I don't need the canbus error cancelers anymore either way, I just had my coder code that out already.
No worries, all that will be up, it might be a video diy and a refined simpler written part of the DIY.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 10:10 PM   #98
Wycy
Private
0
Rep
61
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 328i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy_0559 View Post
Thanks for the criticism. I'm putting the DIY back up when I have time to re upload all images.
Relax.

Sammy.
Nice, I think this is a good move. I'm extremely unlikely to ever do this DIY myself, but if I were in the area I'd certainly consider going to you to get this done.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 12:36 PM   #99
DarkNemesis
Major
Canada
44
Rep
1,265
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Sedan AT, US Car
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Vancouver, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Can someone give me a link or a product to use to make or buy new AEs?

If I get this done, I will donate for sure.

DN
__________________
Bash Shah
Sutton Premier Realty
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 01:39 AM   #100
Sherj
Private First Class
3
Rep
181
Posts

Drives: E92 335i coupe
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CNJ

iTrader: (3)

Sorry if this was already answered but can someone confirm the inner and outer angel size required for the e92. I tried looking all over and could not get a definitive answer. Thanks Sammy for reconsidering to report the DIY.
__________________
If all else fails pull the handbrake.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2014, 12:36 PM   #101
Sherj
Private First Class
3
Rep
181
Posts

Drives: E92 335i coupe
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CNJ

iTrader: (3)

I ended up finding the sizes eventually, it was 115mm and 94mm.
__________________
If all else fails pull the handbrake.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2014, 12:43 PM   #102
sammy_0559
Lieutenant Colonel
sammy_0559's Avatar
United_States
69
Rep
1,956
Posts

Drives: e93 Montego 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: FortWorth, Texas

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 E93 335i  [1.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherj
I ended up finding the sizes eventually, it was 115mm and 94mm.
Yep

DIY will be up sometime this month
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 03:59 PM   #103
TacoCodeRed
Private
TacoCodeRed's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
74
Posts

Drives: Montego e92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
looking forward to it!
__________________
| Montego E92 | JB4 + Heisenberg |
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 04:50 PM   #104
howhigh
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: E92 325i
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoCodeRed View Post
looking forward to it!
me too!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 04:57 PM   #105
DUI Elite
///M at Heart
DUI Elite's Avatar
36
Rep
1,861
Posts

Drives: 2006 SGM E90, 2015 BSM X1
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (4)

Me 3!

If it looks like it will take a lot more than I'm comfortable with, I'll have to send my headlights to you
__________________

| 3-IM | AA Headers | Eurocharged Stage-3 | BMW PI |
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 07:57 PM   #106
Game
Major General
Game's Avatar
United_States
408
Rep
6,625
Posts

Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lockport/Chicago, IL

iTrader: (20)

Is this coming back up?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 08:01 PM   #107
sammy_0559
Lieutenant Colonel
sammy_0559's Avatar
United_States
69
Rep
1,956
Posts

Drives: e93 Montego 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: FortWorth, Texas

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 E93 335i  [1.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game
Is this coming back up?
Yes just need to find time to pull headlights off my car. And make a video lol
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 08:05 PM   #108
StevenY.
///M
StevenY.'s Avatar
United_States
93
Rep
2,074
Posts

Drives: 10' SG e92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy_0559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game
Is this coming back up?
Yes just need to find time to pull headlights off my car. And make a video lol
Nice. Video as well as written DIY? That would be awesome, really appreciate it.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 01:46 PM   #109
tjobeid
Banned
tjobeid's Avatar
17
Rep
559
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i coupe
Join Date: May 2013
Location: houston,tx

iTrader: (1)

I just want to know where to buy the LED rings from ones that are under 200$ and have lots of LED's
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 04:52 PM   #110
colin_e90
Second Lieutenant
16
Rep
225
Posts

Drives: 2006 AW 330i
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Maui, Hi

iTrader: (0)

Sorry to revive an old thread but is this diy ever gonna get put back up?
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:29 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST