E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Someone hit me in Chicago, need body shop and advice.

04-23-2014, 06:16 PM   #1
Mr.Smithers
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 Z4, 07 328, 11 535

Someone hit me in Chicago, need body shop and advice.

So I making a right turn at an intersection and the lady behind me rammed into the side of my car when I was turning. We went to the police station and the cop said it was most likely the ladys fault. I called her insurance company up and told the whole story, they told me to wait a couple days and wait for the adjuster to come out. I wanted to know how long the insurance process takes also should I call up my insurance company to let them handle the claim or is it fine just to deal with their insurance company. Lastly, any good recommendations on body shops in chicago?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 06:41 PM   #2
jlombar5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 bmw 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newmember343 View Post
So I making a right turn at an intersection and the lady behind me rammed into the side of my car when I was turning. We went to the police station and the cop said it was most likely the ladys fault. I called her insurance company up and told the whole story, they told me to wait a couple days and wait for the adjuster to come out. I wanted to know how long the insurance process takes also should I call up my insurance company to let them handle the claim or is it fine just to deal with their insurance company. Lastly, any good recommendations on body shops in chicago?
A&L in palantine all the way. they are amazing and do amazing work. only down side is you will feel like you have the cheapest car there by a mile haha. ask for anthony and say joe lombardi sent you.

ps they have good rates too
335i 6spd jb4//KW clubs//FL5s//r888rs//5 inch IC//AR Dp//E85//spec stage3, lw fw//stage 2 pump//Sparco halos//straight piped// pfc-08s//CPE CP//braille//lsd// solid subframe bushings//m3 arms//rb inlets//e93 m3 f-swaybar//er dual oc//cae shifter//APR GTC250 wing//Mode carbon gt4 splitter
2013 BMW X1 dd
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 07:53 PM   #3
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Don't tell your insurance unless you want to pay the deductible and risk your rates going up.

And take it to A&L in Palatine.
      04-23-2014, 08:00 PM   #4
jlombar5
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Don't tell your insurance unless you want to pay the deductible and risk your rates going up.

what he said...my family owns multiple farmers insurances and your insurance WILL go up. unless its over 2,500 dont claim it
335i 6spd jb4//KW clubs//FL5s//r888rs//5 inch IC//AR Dp//E85//spec stage3, lw fw//stage 2 pump//Sparco halos//straight piped// pfc-08s//CPE CP//braille//lsd// solid subframe bushings//m3 arms//rb inlets//e93 m3 f-swaybar//er dual oc//cae shifter//APR GTC250 wing//Mode carbon gt4 splitter
2013 BMW X1 dd
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 08:01 PM   #5
Mr.Smithers
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Thanks, will do! I was just worried the other persons insurance company might try to screw me over and not pay enough or put the blame partially on me or something like that. But I guess calling my own insurance company won't really help much either.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 08:05 PM   #6
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Thanks, will do! I was just worried the other persons insurance company might try to screw me over and not pay enough or put the blame partially on me or something like that. But I guess calling my own insurance company won't really help much either.
If it's a credible insurance company you don't have anything to worry about.
      04-23-2014, 08:06 PM   #7
Mr.Smithers
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlombar5 View Post
what he said...my family owns multiple farmers insurances and your insurance WILL go up. unless its over 2,500 dont claim it
this is the picture of the damage, its pretty intense, do you think its going to be over 2500?

[IMG][/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 08:08 PM   #8
Mr.Smithers
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If it's a credible insurance company you don't have anything to worry about.
Her insurance is called The Hartford. I personally haven't heard of it but from its website it looks pretty legit.
http://www.thehartford.com
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 08:17 PM   #9
jlombar5
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Her insurance is called The Hartford. I personally haven't heard of it but from its website it looks pretty legit.
http://www.thehartford.com
Ya man I am putting that right around $2,500. I would grab an estimate and find out. Somethings can be expensive as hell when you dont even expect it. The hartford isnt a bad company. just make sure you cover your a** in all ways possible
2013 BMW X1 dd
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 08:32 PM   #10
litxus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 335i sedan

I don't see how your insurance would go up if it is not your fault. It usually goes up only if it is your fault or partial fault and something was paid out.

As for the car that looks more than $2500. The whole side of the car will need to be painted, maybe replace the door and maybe even quarter panel (imagine cutting it out, then welding new one back in). It is hard to tell from the picture but this could be pricey.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 08:36 PM   #11
jlombar5
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by litxus View Post
I don't see how your insurance would go up if it is not your fault. It usually goes up only if it is your fault or partial fault and something was paid out.

As for the car that looks more than $2500. The whole side of the car will need to be painted, maybe replace the door and maybe even quarter panel (imagine cutting it out, then welding new one back in). It is hard to tell from the picture but this could be pricey.
He is right. If you can prove it was her/his fault it should not effect your insurance. But you run the chance of it still neg. effecting you.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 08:53 PM   #12
Mr.Smithers
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlombar5 View Post
He is right. If you can prove it was her/his fault it should not effect your insurance. But you run the chance of it still neg. effecting you.
I'll just deal with the other persons insurance. Even the police officer told me it was the other persons fault. Looks like ill just have to wait it out and see what happens. I will keep you guys posted!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 08:59 PM   #13
Rurek
Private
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e92

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
this is the picture of the damage, its pretty intense, do you think its going to be over 2500?
My car is under repair right now.. same side but muuuch worst ( you can look up on my thread). Insurance will give you an estimate on OEM parts.
I think rear quarter has to be replaced. So it 1K, door sheel is $650. If side skirt is damage they probably will replace it so its $226 for side. So almost 2k just in parts. My quote for labor is 3k but at my car is more work to do.
Definitely depends on insurance company also!

These prices are on my estimate from insurance company.

JFYI!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 09:04 PM   #14
Mr.Smithers
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurek View Post
My car is under repair right now.. same side but muuuch worst ( you can look up on my thread). Insurance will give you an estimate on OEM parts.
I think rear quarter has to be replaced. So it 1K, door sheel is $650. If side skirt is damage they probably will replace it so its $226 for side. So almost 2k just in parts. My quote for labor is 3k but at my car is more work to do.
Definitely depends on insurance company also!

These prices are on my estimate from insurance company.

JFYI!
Sorry to hear what happened to your car, the accident looks pretty bad in the pics. Is your car repaired now? If so, where did you get your repairs done?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 09:26 PM   #15
Rurek
Private
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e92

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Sorry to hear what happened to your car, the accident looks pretty bad in the pics. Is your car repaired now? If so, where did you get your repairs done?
Yeah it's pretty bad. It's not done yet (But my magician works on it hehe) so right now I can't give you any review. My friend know the owner and he recommended this place to me. But I'll see when it's done.

And I... I don't know how it exactly works but sometimes insurance pick up the place where repair has to be done. That was my brother in law situation.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 09:32 PM   #16
litxus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 335i sedan

You can pick any place to repair your car, but if you take it to the shop that is not approved by the insurance that is paying the claim you might need to jump some hoops and it will take longer. With "approved" body shops insurance just says fix it and whatever extra cost they pay for it, but with the shops not in "approved" list each crap has to be approved where in most cases the adjuster has to show up multiple times (usually found when taking things apart) or the shop has to email them pictures and get approval. Hopefully yours will be fairly fast.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 07:20 PM   #17
Mr.Smithers
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Here is a better picture of the damage:

I didn't want to report it to my insurance company but the other driver called my insurance company telling them I hit her for some reason when she was behind me and hit me when I was turning....go figure. The good thing is the police report as well as my insurance rep think it is her fault just because she keeps changing her story and is now claiming she has been medically injured as of today. Seriously, some people are just ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 07:33 PM   #18
Mr.Smithers
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

So the insurance company of the lady that hit me today told me they are not liable for the incident because it was a "he said she said" situation. I asked the insurance company if they looked at the police report yet and she said they are waiting on it. I went to the police station and got the police report myself and have just faxed it to her. This is what is on the police report:

From just reading the police report is is quite obvious which car is at fault. I am car 2 and the other driver is car 1. I hope the insurance company covers my damages. The body shop just called me today and said the repair expenses will be 6000-6500 and there is suspension damage underneath the car from the accident. Sorry guys I just needed to vent.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 07:38 PM   #19
DUI Elite
///M at Heart
Rep
Drives: 06 SGM E90, 15 BSM E84

Wow I was not expecting to see $6000.

Is that not enough to total it? I think I would prefer a check, depending on if you're attached to the car or not.

| 3-IM | AA Headers | Eurocharged Stage-3 | BMW PI |
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 07:49 PM   #20
bloppitybloop
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
So the insurance company of the lady that hit me today told me they are not liable for the incident because it was a "he said she said" situation. I asked the insurance company if they looked at the police report yet and she said they are waiting on it. I went to the police station and got the police report myself and have just faxed it to her. This is what is on the police report:

From just reading the police report is is quite obvious which car is at fault. I am car 2 and the other driver is car 1. I hope the insurance company covers my damages. The body shop just called me today and said the repair expenses will be 6000-6500 and there is suspension damage underneath the car from the accident. Sorry guys I just needed to vent.
Wow, that really sucks. Hopefully everything works out for you.

And that person who hit you is a complete idiot. How does that even happen?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 07:53 PM   #21
Mr.Smithers
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUI Elite View Post
Wow I was not expecting to see $6000.

Is that not enough to total it? I think I would prefer a check, depending on if you're attached to the car or not.
Apparently I have a lot of suspension damage, I will find out details from the body shop tomorrow. But I agree $6000 is a lot. I really like the car but it has 137,000 clicks on it but I babied it so it drove like new. I will see what happens, the hardest part right now is convincing the other partys insurance company that they have to cover the expenses. Even though I have a police report stating the obvious.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 07:56 PM   #22
Mr.Smithers
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckedhim View Post
Wow, that really sucks. Hopefully everything works out for you.

And that person who hit you is a complete idiot. How does that even happen?
I believe it the other driver had an episode of road rage and was mad I was driving the speed limit and not going 60 mph in a 25 mph hospital area. I guess the other driver just snapped after honking at me for not driving fast enough for her and decided the best revenge would be to hit me. Also, She was high on painkillers or something when she did it so that probably explains a lot, go figure lol.
Appreciate 0