E90Post
 


MINHS Auto Care Center
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > JB4 installed in a E903 any one heard of issue with the convertible top



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-25-2014, 12:44 PM   #1
batman_e92
New Member
 
Drives: 2007 335i Convertable
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Ottawa, On

Posts: 28
iTrader: (1)

JB4 installed in a E903 any one heard of issue with the convertible top

Hey Guys

Installed a JB4 V5 recently on my E93 and loving the extra ponies, however after that I started to have an issue with my convertible roof now its stuck open. I took it to my buddies shop who has the all the BMW tools etc and he told me the scanner is not able to communicate with the ECU for the boy section of the scanning tool.

Could it be that for that reason my roof is stuck open ? Iím just wondering if anyone has heard of or had issues with the JB4 installed on a convertible. I just want to rule it out cause I really like the JB4 in the car.
I have to pull out of the car anyway for them to be able to scan it .

Thanks
batman_e92 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2014, 12:48 PM   #2
tc535i
Captain
 
Drives: 2007 335i, 2001 330i, 1995 M3
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: United States

Posts: 888
iTrader: (1)

Doubt that's the cause of the issue, but it will definitely interfere with connectivity so it has to come out for the dealer to properly diagnose
tc535i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2014, 02:33 PM   #3
AK 335i
Major
 
AK 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: black 335i E90
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: boynton beach

Posts: 1,294
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman_e92 View Post
Hey Guys

Installed a JB4 V5 recently on my E93 and loving the extra ponies, however after that I started to have an issue with my convertible roof now its stuck open. I took it to my buddies shop who has the all the BMW tools etc and he told me the scanner is not able to communicate with the ECU for the boy section of the scanning tool.

Could it be that for that reason my roof is stuck open ? Iím just wondering if anyone has heard of or had issues with the JB4 installed on a convertible. I just want to rule it out cause I really like the JB4 in the car.
I have to pull out of the car anyway for them to be able to scan it .

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc535i View Post
Doubt that's the cause of the issue, but it will definitely interfere with connectivity so it has to come out for the dealer to properly diagnose
pls


set it to map 0 and try again
__________________
- Proven Power Tampa Built 6466 ST N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq -
AK 335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2014, 03:11 PM   #4
batman_e92
New Member
 
Drives: 2007 335i Convertable
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Ottawa, On

Posts: 28
iTrader: (1)

AK335 I did that already,, but bring up another point... so if i set it to MAP 0 that will disable the device ie the regular scanner will start working again?
batman_e92 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2014, 03:16 PM   #5
AK 335i
Major
 
AK 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: black 335i E90
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: boynton beach

Posts: 1,294
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman_e92 View Post
AK335 I did that already,, but bring up another point... so if i set it to MAP 0 that will disable the device ie the regular scanner will start working again?
yes thats what im referring to
__________________
- Proven Power Tampa Built 6466 ST N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq -
AK 335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2014, 03:16 PM   #6
e90Mark
Captain
 
e90Mark's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Warren, MI

Posts: 656
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [5.00]
MAP 0 supposedly disables the JB4 completely, bypassing it. So in theory, yes your scanner should start working again.

I've scanned codes with a JB4 enabled with BMWLogger tho..
__________________
e90Mark is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2014, 09:55 AM   #7
batman_e92
New Member
 
Drives: 2007 335i Convertable
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Ottawa, On

Posts: 28
iTrader: (1)

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. i just wanted to make sure that there is no known issues of JB4 vs e93's....
batman_e92 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2014, 06:49 AM   #8
IronMask
Private
 
Drives: 2009 335i
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: San Antonio, TX

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

Haven't had any problems with my E93 and JB4. Sounds unrelated.
IronMask is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST