E90Post

VIBE Motorsports

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Wedge flash review

05-01-2014, 03:21 PM   #23
deltalima0
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc535i View Post
Can you explain a little more? I'm now at the point where my car is basically done with the power mods (jb4, dp, ic, cp/bov, new plugs and walnut blast, etc). I'm probably going to leave the jb4 on map 1 for right now as I've heard autotune can end up doing some nasty things to engines over time, and I don't have the 93RM available in CA that map 2 requires.

What I'd really like to do is get a good tune for 91 and my mod package, since I'll be leaving it at this point for a while. Can anybody explain where I go from here? Is there a off-the-shelf tune for these basic mods I can load in map 6, or should I be finding someone to dyno tune me a custom program?

I'd also heard to get the wedge backend flash if I want to start running e85 mixes, si that the same thing or something different?
PM Wedge if your interested in a backend flash that will meet your goals or you could upload a Flash like Terry's backend flash for E85 which is also a good flash.

a Wedge flash would be designed for you and will meet certain goals, he can also code anything that you would like if your car is capable for example the Alpina flash.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 03:23 PM   #24
deltalima0
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by knissel View Post
can you link csv if you have it?
I can link mine how do I turn them into something I can put here? CSV file is invalid.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 08:56 PM   #25
WedgePerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue

Garage List
Quote:
Can you explain a little more? I'm now at the point where my car is basically done with the power mods (jb4, dp, ic, cp/bov, new plugs and walnut blast, etc). I'm probably going to leave the jb4 on map 1 for right now as I've heard autotune can end up doing some nasty things to engines over time, and I don't have the 93RM available in CA that map 2 requires.

What I'd really like to do is get a good tune for 91 and my mod package, since I'll be leaving it at this point for a while. Can anybody explain where I go from here? Is there a off-the-shelf tune for these basic mods I can load in map 6, or should I be finding someone to dyno tune me a custom program?

I'd also heard to get the wedge backend flash if I want to start running e85 mixes, si that the same thing or something different?
I don't know why people call my flash a back end flash because it's not. My flash is a highly refined stand alone flash that performs very well stand alone unlike a back end flash. On a DCI car, my flash made with 92 oct 380 whp and 430 wtq on an '07 E92 MT. Using the JB4 or PROcede for boost control can tap into a great deal of power that is left on the table due to the lack of boost control with flash only in the Open Flash world.

Not picking on you, just wanted to clarify to everyone you don't need to be on a JB4 or PROcede to run my flash.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 08:59 PM   #26
tc535i
Major
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i, 2001 330i, 1995 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgePerformance View Post
I don't know why people call my flash a back end flash because it's not. My flash is a highly refined stand alone flash that performs very well stand alone unlike a back end flash. On a DCI car, my flash made with 92 oct 380 whp and 430 wtq on an '07 E92 MT. Using the JB4 or PROcede for boost control can tap into a great deal of power that is left on the table due to the lack of boost control with flash only in the Open Flash world.

Not picking on you, just wanted to clarify to everyone you don't need to be on a JB4 or PROcede to run my flash.
My mistake, as I mentioned I've only pieced together what I've heard with no real knowledge.

So basically, your flash is a full custom tune? Just based on data from logs etc?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 09:01 PM   #27
pits200
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 09 335i X-Drive Black Sapphire

Quote:

Ha I found this out when I took my Procede out for inspection and when I floored the car I was like, WTH why is my car still so fast without the Procede.

Seriously, I forget how smooth throttle input is without the Procede. Your tune runs great and was a nice surprise when taking out the piggy. A quick glance at my P3 gauge looks like it was maxing at about 14psi which is perfect.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 09:22 PM   #28
robc1976
DIYER
Rep

Drives: E90 335i

Quote:

It's a backend flash! J/k
JB4 G5, WEDGE flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, Motiv 750 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 12:26 AM   #29
WedgePerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
My mistake, as I mentioned I've only pieced together what I've heard with no real knowledge.

So basically, your flash is a full custom tune? Just based on data from logs etc?
Yes, it is a custom tune that can be used stand-alone or stacked with JB4 or PROcede. More people use it to stack because its extremely smooth to begin with and delivers more torque than other back-end flashes making it perfect for stacking.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 12:28 AM   #30
WedgePerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pits200 View Post
Ha I found this out when I took my Procede out for inspection and when I floored the car I was like, WTH why is my car still so fast without the Procede.

Seriously, I forget how smooth throttle input is without the Procede. Your tune runs great and was a nice surprise when taking out the piggy. A quick glance at my P3 gauge looks like it was maxing at about 14psi which is perfect.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 12:29 AM   #31
WedgePerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by robc1976 View Post
It's a backend flash! J/k
See IceBerg broke 500 whp with his XI... FTW
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 01:43 AM   #32
robc1976
DIYER
Rep

Drives: E90 335i

Got a update from wedge and car is running like a bat out of Hell lol! Still getting great timing!
Attached Images

JB4 G5, WEDGE flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, Motiv 750 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
Appreciate 0