E90Post

MINHS Auto Care Center

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Vargas Turbos

Closed Thread

04-30-2014, 11:21 AM   #111
Zombie1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW 135i 2010

I'd like I know why so many of you guys are defending Vargas like he's your fucking boyfriend. OP got shafted no other way to look at it. OP had a very reputable shop do the work, it's not like he had a mom and pop shop do the install.
Mods:-Berkexhaust -alpinaB3flash -CobbAP -Cobb FMIC -ER charge pipe tialQ bov -MichelinPSS -M3 front sway bar -M3 subframe bushings -M3 front upper and lower control arms -M3 guide rods -M3 rear upper control arms -Mfactory LSD -defiv lockdown kit -Koni yellows/Swift spec R springs
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 11:24 AM   #112
Tony@vargasturbotech
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: N54

We are choosing to stay out of this thread, all questions have been answered. The customer has been fully refunded for everything. We actually just got the turbos apart 2 days as we have been swamped. The turbo that was having issue had a tremendous amount of wear on the compressor side journal bearing to the point of undersizing the shaft journal, this usually happen when some sort of contaminate is present in the feed line or oil, it does not take long to do this sort of damage, and with tolerances as tight as they are things go south quickly. The other turbo was perfect. It is impossible to tell exactly what caused the damage, but if it were my car I would get an oil analysis ASAP, but that is just me. We will no longer commenting in this thread, if you have questions about us or our products, our email and phone lines are always open. If you have questions about how this customer conducts himself, give John over at Eurowerks a call as we had little contact with the customer directly. My understanding from John is he was very unreasonable form the start. You will never please everyone.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 02:06 PM   #113
Bitco23
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: 135i Msport

Thats weird because my stock turbos were fine for 20K miles and never smoked. As far as my understanding from Jon which i spoke to him the other day that hes never doing business with you again and hes still saying you're liable for these labor costs.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 02:12 PM   #114
Glowin
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargasturbotech View Post
We are choosing to stay out of this thread, all questions have been answered. The customer has been fully refunded for everything. We actually just got the turbos apart 2 days as we have been swamped. The turbo that was having issue had a tremendous amount of wear on the compressor side journal bearing to the point of undersizing the shaft journal, this usually happen when some sort of contaminate is present in the feed line or oil, it does not take long to do this sort of damage, and with tolerances as tight as they are things go south quickly. The other turbo was perfect. It is impossible to tell exactly what caused the damage, but if it were my car I would get an oil analysis ASAP, but that is just me. We will no longer commenting in this thread, if you have questions about us or our products, our email and phone lines are always open. If you have questions about how this customer conducts himself, give John over at Eurowerks a call as we had little contact with the customer directly. My understanding from John is he was very unreasonable form the start. You will never please everyone.
It may very well be that is the case and therefore not related to your product's quality (which is what you're saying in the end), but then what about all these other cases that are summarized above?

They can't all be fabricated or over-dramatized?

I personally still think it's better to deal with this stuff head on, than ignore it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitHunter View Post
so at this point to summarize we have

1. Severe problems with group buy turbos sent to Germany/Switzerland (leaking oil)
2. Severe problems with a number of turbos sent to Canada
3. Customer who had turbos blow after 50 miles of use
4. Claims that a PCV upgrade and oil catch can are needed for Vargas turbos
5. OP that had his turbo's go after 300 miles of use
6. Snaggletooth who claims he also had a similar problem as OP but was resolved with vargas

It's understandable that there is going to be some botched installs or even a couple of failed units but when this is happening over and over... you start to wonder.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 03:35 PM   #115
JMARS
Not Baned
Brazil
Rep

Drives: Single-T WTCC e90

SMH.... must have OCC and Upgraded PVC.
A lot of Single Turbos guys dont even run them...
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 04:15 PM   #116
SuperBmw
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 07 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitHunter View Post
so at this point to summarize we have

1. Severe problems with group buy turbos sent to Germany/Switzerland (leaking oil)
2. Severe problems with a number of turbos sent to Canada
3. Customer who had turbos blow after 50 miles of use
4. Claims that a PCV upgrade and oil catch can are needed for Vargas turbos
5. OP that had his turbo's go after 300 miles of use
6. Snaggletooth who claims he also had a similar problem as OP but was resolved with vargas

It's understandable that there is going to be some botched installs or even a couple of failed units but when this is happening over and over... you start to wonder.
There are also multiple reports on another forum which ended up being resolved one way or another plus a couple more posts on here. Who know's what other issues never even surfaced.

It seems like a very large percentage of them have problems.

Comparatively other turbo's have sold many more units with hardly any reports at all.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 05:36 PM   #117
Bme30
Captain
Rep

Drives: 335i coupe

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMARS
SMH.... must have OCC and Upgraded PVC.
A lot of Single Turbos guys dont even run them...
Lmao

+ infinity :
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 05:46 PM   #118
techwhiz
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: e90 335i Sedan - Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobahn335i View Post
Do you work at VTT marketing? What is your claim based on that a majority of units "last a long time"?? Maybe it's time to open your eyes. At this rate of failure there is either a serious quality control problem or a conceptual issue.

My bet is on the later as VTT has experience in turbo builds. Therefore I can't imagine he cheaped out on essential parts. But maybe he just didn't account for some specificies of the N54 setup.
Well first I wasn't saying anything about Vargas or any other vendor specifically.
There will be early failures of any part and in some cases others will last forever.

So no, I don't have any affiliation with any vendor on or off this forum.

I don't know what the issue is and don't care to speculate.

When it's time for turbos, I'll buy Vargas. I'll drive to the shop and let them install them.
If I lived near RB, I'd buy RB's and let him or a shop that works closely with him install.
If those were not options, I'd only get OEM from the dealer.

Why? If anyone installs their own parts and they fail, I only need to go to one place to sort it out.
They can eat the labor, because it's their part and their labor.

Last edited by techwhiz; 04-30-2014 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Added content
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 11:31 AM   #119
Wescuddles
Captain
Rep

Drives: bsm 135i

Tony, if I may offer a suggestion, take a class that covers business ethics. I don't mean to sound condescending but you're burning a lot of bridges here. For a company that has been in business for so long it's hard to believe these are common business practices. Good on you for providing refunds when necessary, that's a step in the right direction. Coming in here defensive like your backed into a corner is not necessary and ultimately is hurting your online presence, which frankly seems to be the only presence you hold in the n54/n55 community. If I could offer another suggestion it would be to eliminate your position as the "voice" for vtt and hire someone that's a little (lol I mean a lot) more professional.

Good luck in the future.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 11:35 AM   #120
Wescuddles
Captain
Rep

Drives: bsm 135i

And just another word of advice, as you can see in my post I say not to come off as condescending but clearly I am. Yes text can have an underlying tone too. You can say "good luck" to a customer but can still come off as a douche.

Again, good luck in the future.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 03:08 PM   #121
Evooooo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 335 XI Sedan M Sport

Vargas is a joke and his antics and his position on not commenting or getting involved in the thread any more are total crap. You have a complete and utter disregard for what it means to be a good business man and a good company. You are childish manby (man baby) and will ultimate become a failure in your field do to your mind set. I'm 26 yrs old and have a few million dollar company under my belt and I would never ever treat my customers how you have nor let someone bash my company and have my fucking reply be we are not part taking in this thread any more. You have no pride for your product and no respect for your customers & the BMW community who pay thousands of dollars for your bullshit product. I genuinely hope you crash and burn because it is companies and people like you who take guys like me monies who work hard as shit to earn said money and put out a piss poor product. Thankfully I have never and will never do business with such scum like yourself. Kinda sad how ive developed such a hatred for your company over the internet, just goes to show you what a shitty and terrible job you are doing that you would allow such a thing....
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 03:15 PM   #122
Bme30
Captain
Rep

Drives: 335i coupe

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
wow!!!

Simply the best post ever.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 03:35 PM   #123
Hilly
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

I have to disagree ^^^. I can see how a lot of people are frustrated with how this company is handling these situations. However, responding like Evoo does (with his million dollar companies under the belt yada yada) does not contribute at all to this thread in any way or form. Swearing (which is a major pet peeve of mine by the way) only suggest immaturity and somebody with a lack of vocabulary.

Personally do the necessary research and base your decision on what kind of turbo upgrades you are going to buy based on constructive criticism. Do not come on here (like some people) and just write pointless nonsense just to "bash" the company. If they do not reply to questions....well that should give you enough indication to not do business with them....

This company obviously needs to take a step back a reevaluate the way they do business.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 09:41 PM   #124
marcvtec
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 335i

Don,t worry guys there will be a stage two revision five coming soon.
With July fourth specials for everyone LOL.
Hurry and sign up now for epic failures.
COBB Powered, Spec2+, Wavetrac, DCI, Forge DV's, AR catless DP's, AA FMIC, M3 links & Sways, 19' BBS LM's wrapped in PSS, Zimmerman cross drilled rotors, hawk carbon pads, M3 Spoiler, AC roof Spoiler, Aero Lip, Vorsteiner Diffuser, m3 sides, Tinted, And One Happy BMW Driver.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 09:50 PM   #125
Ilma
Colonel
Rep

Drives: BMW

So how are RB turbos holding up these days?
      05-01-2014, 10:07 PM   #126
Indo Rider
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 135

I'm not bias to any vendor, but vargas makes himself an easy target. Hell, he makes shiv seem like a nice guy. #luv2h8
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 12:02 AM   #127
shmorgan77
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilma
So how are RB turbos holding up these days?
Excellent !!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 03:46 AM   #128
NOTM3
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
this is getting nuts lol
      05-04-2014, 02:25 AM   #129
CptJoe732
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2007 E90 N54

This thread is a joke. Where are pictures or video of smoking cars or pulled downpipes? No documentation at all which at the end of the day means your inexperienced. I believe Vargas may of had a few "bad" turbos out there but who else comes to mind with upgraded twins? Vargas and RB, RB will only get you so far on a hybrid turbo setup. I read this whole thread and I can see why Tony would get irritated with everyone attacking his product after many long nights of developing and tuning Vargas has gone through. If you guys are butt hurt over his responses grow up. The OP got a refund for his turbos and labor which is the best thing Vargas could have done. At the end of the day no one cares if these turbos made xxx hp and tq reliably, people only focus on the negative and hop on the bandwagon. Sounds like the OP didnt get the number one rule, you pay to play.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 04:02 AM   #130
Autobahn335i
Lieutenant Colonel
Luxembourg
Rep

Drives: E92 335i

Pay to play? As a customer paying 3k $ for a finalised product? You must be kidding, right?
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Íhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Powerflex Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 06:19 AM   #131
Evooooo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 335 XI Sedan M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
I have to disagree ^^^. I can see how a lot of people are frustrated with how this company is handling these situations. However, responding like Evoo does (with his million dollar companies under the belt yada yada) does not contribute at all to this thread in any way or form. Swearing (which is a major pet peeve of mine by the way) only suggest immaturity and somebody with a lack of vocabulary.

Personally do the necessary research and base your decision on what kind of turbo upgrades you are going to buy based on constructive criticism. Do not come on here (like some people) and just write pointless nonsense just to "bash" the company. If they do not reply to questions....well that should give you enough indication to not do business with them....

This company obviously needs to take a step back a reevaluate the way they do business.
My swearing is not a sign of immaturity or lack there of in terms of my vocabulary, it is a sign of anger and frustrations with crap companies over many years of modifying cars that I have had the pleasure of dealing with. Some "proven" places, some not. Oh and the company is my fathers btw and the pt was I handle tons of money and a major work load at a young age and am very capable of doing my job to the fullest always. Whether it be from sales estimating etc etc, top to bottom. Some young ignorant punk can ride his fathers coattails to success but Vargas can't provide a quality product to his paying customers. As a business owner that chaps my ass and I see it from both perspectives but I was taught and run my business to a certain standard which I guess to me are the norms but in reality aren't.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 08:14 AM   #132
Danimals
Private
Rep

Drives: 335i 6speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptJoe732 View Post
This thread is a joke. Where are pictures or video of smoking cars or pulled downpipes? No documentation at all which at the end of the day means your inexperienced. I believe Vargas may of had a few "bad" turbos out there but who else comes to mind with upgraded twins? Vargas and RB, RB will only get you so far on a hybrid turbo setup. I read this whole thread and I can see why Tony would get irritated with everyone attacking his product after many long nights of developing and tuning Vargas has gone through. If you guys are butt hurt over his responses grow up. The OP got a refund for his turbos and labor which is the best thing Vargas could have done. At the end of the day no one cares if these turbos made xxx hp and tq reliably, people only focus on the negative and hop on the bandwagon. Sounds like the OP didnt get the number one rule, you pay to play.
Labor refund is not true, read and research, don't believe a vendor just because they say something. But um, how about hell no to "pay to play" comment applying here. Yeah I'll pay to play for aftermarket parts, high HP, realible products. I won't "pay to play" for a product with high failure rate.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread