E90Post

PYSPEED

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Where is the hard drive located?

05-06-2014, 05:50 PM   #111
sterling01
Registered

Drives: 2011 330d SE

My solution was to sell the crap 3 series and buy an Audi A6. 20Gb free space on hard disk plus 2 SD card readers that I have 2x 32Gb cards in. Plus it has BOSE sound system that makes the 3 series sound like a children's toy.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 09:08 AM   #112
Rotary Rasp
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterling01 View Post
My solution was to sell the crap 3 series and buy an Audi A6. 20Gb free space on hard disk plus 2 SD card readers that I have 2x 32Gb cards in. Plus it has BOSE sound system that makes the 3 series sound like a children's toy.
That's great, but I'm doubtful that the Bose system sounds any better. I've had 3 cars with Bose systems and they all sounded like crap. They will stick there name on anything if the car manufacturer want's to pay.
      05-07-2014, 09:46 AM   #113
sterling01
Registered

Drives: 2011 330d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotary Rasp View Post
That's great, but I'm doubtful that the Bose system sounds any better. I've had 3 cars with Bose systems and they all sounded like crap. They will stick there name on anything if the car manufacturer want's to pay.
I disagree. My test was an Alicia Keys track. On the BMW it would try to play the bass loud but would either badly distort or automatically drop the bass level and flatten the song. On the BOSE system in the A6, it plays it full power. No distortion, just perfect pitch, clarity and volume. Then there is the bass. You feel it pounding on your body. As I said, it makes the 3 series sound like a speaker setup from a children's toy. BMW dealer quoted me 800 ($1000), supply and fit, to upgrade the amp, speakers and sub. Whilst speaking with the service manager, I commented on the BOSE system. He warned me that even after the upgrade, it would not be as good as the BOSE. I kept my money, sold the 3 series privately, bought an A6 via Audi approved for the same as I sold the BMW. And it came standard with 4 wheel drive, HD Sat-Nav and BOSE.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 10:51 AM   #114
Rotary Rasp
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterling01 View Post
I disagree. My test was an Alicia Keys track. On the BMW it would try to play the bass loud but would either badly distort or automatically drop the bass level and flatten the song. On the BOSE system in the A6, it plays it full power. No distortion, just perfect pitch, clarity and volume. Then there is the bass. You feel it pounding on your body. As I said, it makes the 3 series sound like a speaker setup from a children's toy. BMW dealer quoted me 800 ($1000), supply and fit, to upgrade the amp, speakers and sub. Whilst speaking with the service manager, I commented on the BOSE system. He warned me that even after the upgrade, it would not be as good as the BOSE. I kept my money, sold the 3 series privately, bought an A6 via Audi approved for the same as I sold the BMW. And it came standard with 4 wheel drive, HD Sat-Nav and BOSE.
Did you have Harman Kardon or the base system in your 3 series? If you had the base system, (which I think you did) then you can't really compare it to upgraded Bose system in the A6.