E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Ipod Installation



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-23-2005, 11:41 AM   #1
Jess
Private
0

 
Jess's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 330i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Millbrae, Nor. Cali


Posts: 99
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Jess
Ipod Installation

I read on the BMW website under "Ipod your BMW" that it is

"not avaliable for vehicles eqipped with navigation system, satellite radio, or CD changer."
However, it states that the CD changer can be removed to install the Ipod adaptor.

So that means all of us that got Nav/satellite radio is not gonna be able to get the Ipod installed even when they come out with it for the e90???
__________________
330i Alpine White/Blk/Alum/Sports/Prem/Nav/Auto
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2005, 12:01 PM   #2
HRC
MAUI BUILT
United_States
136

 
HRC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i MT
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NORCAL


Posts: 7,779
iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to HRC
I think what happens is if you have I drive, you cannot control the ipod from the idrive. You can still hook it up, but through the aux input near the armrest, not sure though.

Danny
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2005, 12:05 PM   #3
johnfkitchen
First Lieutenant
8

 
Drives: 323is & 330i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Eastern Massachusetts


Posts: 327
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRC
I think what happens is if you have I drive, you cannot control the ipod from the idrive. You can still hook it up, but through the aux input near the armrest, not sure though.

Danny
Correct!
__________________


1998 323is SP manual with all the goodies in ArktisSilber + 330i auto SP PP CW iDrive/Nav SatRadio Active Steering Arktis/Beige/Poplar
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2005, 12:09 PM   #4
HRC
MAUI BUILT
United_States
136

 
HRC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i MT
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NORCAL


Posts: 7,779
iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to HRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfkitchen
Correct!
Hey! Not bad! I'm getting the hang of this and I didn't even order the idrive!! Can you tell that I read all posts?!

Danny
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2005, 12:17 PM   #5
RedStripe
Captain
United_States
17

 
RedStripe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Texas


Posts: 649
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to RedStripe
My understanding is that the formal "Ipod your BMW" product for the e90 hasn't been released. When it does come out, I'm sure it'll work seamlessly for both iDrive and non-iDrive cars. The "not available for..." disclaimer applies to current cars with an available Ipod integration thing. It might not necessarily, and I'm guessing won't, apply to the e90. Also, how they implement it has yet to be determined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess
I read on the BMW website under "Ipod your BMW" that it is

"not avaliable for vehicles eqipped with navigation system, satellite radio, or CD changer."
However, it states that the CD changer can be removed to install the Ipod adaptor.

So that means all of us that got Nav/satellite radio is not gonna be able to get the Ipod installed even when they come out with it for the e90???
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2005, 04:07 PM   #6
E90Fleet
Major General
South Africa
155

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Africa


Posts: 8,080
iTrader: (0)

There is supposed to be a new wireless system under preparation for the E90 and E60

The reason the CD changer needs to be removed in the other cars is that the IPOD gets pluged into the CD Changers port
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2005, 05:18 PM   #7
Jess
Private
0

 
Jess's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 330i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Millbrae, Nor. Cali


Posts: 99
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Jess
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStripe
My understanding is that the formal "Ipod your BMW" product for the e90 hasn't been released. When it does come out, I'm sure it'll work seamlessly for both iDrive and non-iDrive cars. The "not available for..." disclaimer applies to current cars with an available Ipod integration thing. It might not necessarily, and I'm guessing won't, apply to the e90. Also, how they implement it has yet to be determined.
I sure hope that disclaimer does not appy to the e90.
Thanks!
__________________
330i Alpine White/Blk/Alum/Sports/Prem/Nav/Auto
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2005, 05:20 PM   #8
Jess
Private
0

 
Jess's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 330i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Millbrae, Nor. Cali


Posts: 99
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Jess
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet
There is supposed to be a new wireless system under preparation for the E90 and E60

The reason the CD changer needs to be removed in the other cars is that the IPOD gets pluged into the CD Changers port
Thats good news.
I was for a moment there thinking that I will not be able to get the Ipod Integration.
The Aux will do in the meantime......Thanks
__________________
330i Alpine White/Blk/Alum/Sports/Prem/Nav/Auto
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2005, 05:20 PM   #9
Wildcat Jon
Second Lieutenant
7

 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH


Posts: 248
iTrader: (0)

There is one way currently to hook up your ipod, through the aux port in the armrest. You cannot control it through idrive other than, of course, the volume, etc.
__________________
330i/TiSilver/Black Leather/Step/Poplar/Prem/Sport/Cold Weather/Navi-Idrive/Sirius
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST