E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Fbo 328 > G37?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-28-2014, 01:22 PM   #67
TheAxiom
Dyno whore
 
Drives: E90 6Spd ZSP
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Tampa Florida

Posts: 1,618
iTrader: (1)

Those links I posted are of 330i's and there is no way your XI is trapping where a lighter RWD car is. Look up times for a 130i, the trap about 1-2mph faster (95-96mph) because they have 200lbs less to carry for the same power.
TheAxiom is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2014, 01:36 PM   #68
mecbain
Private First Class
 
Drives: e90 330i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Montreal, Canada

Posts: 189
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
Those links I posted are of 330i's and there is no way your XI is trapping where a lighter RWD car is. Look up times for a 130i, the trap about 1-2mph faster (95-96mph) because they have 200lbs less to carry for the same power.
you're either trolling me and it works lol, or are extremely starburn and frustrated that you car runs slower times than it should...

1. I don't have an 330xi but 330i (my mistake I was reffering to the FBO 328xi which at 98.5mph kicks a considering it's an xi as you mentionned, a non xi would probably hit closer to 100mph...)
2. Some of the links you posted refer to the 328i and in one it ran 96mph and the other 95mph.
3. I think I already made my point, don't know how many times I repeated my self today, but me and others have run the mentionned times it's as simple as that, you can believe what you want, but the reality is what it is, unless we live in parallel universes, I have no reason to bullshit, I run the times that I've expected to run and I would of been pissed otherwise and would of looked to see what's wrong with my car rather than commenting on forums that othe cars can't run faster times cause I couldn't and cause I found others on the net that couldn't either...
mecbain is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2014, 01:46 PM   #69
Emozoo
Lieutenant
 
Emozoo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 328xi premium package
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Eastern Long Island

Posts: 502
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 328 xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mecbain View Post
you're either trolling me and it works lol, or are extremely starburn and frustrated that you car runs slower times than it should...

1. I don't have an 330xi but 330i (my mistake I was reffering to the FBO 328xi which at 98.5mph kicks a considering it's an xi as you mentionned, a non xi would probably hit closer to 100mph...)


on run flats too! bao chica wao wao
__________________
2010 FBO e90 328xi. Suspension: ZSP i springs, m3/z4 bump stops, 12mm front spacer, 15 mm back, Michelin Sport As3
"Just because you are a character doesn't mean that you have character." -The Wolf
Emozoo is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2014, 02:02 PM   #70
dtea604
Lieutenant
 
dtea604's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 E90 325i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 504
iTrader: (0)

Just go find yourself a g37 thats willing to pull with you. Start off at around 40mph -50mph in third gear, or a stop. Not hating but I still dont understand why this diacussion is still being beaten up stock for stock g will be faster mod for mod g will be faster. In terms of suspension it could go either way.
__________________
---------------------------
VMR VB3 // Mtec v4 AE //Nokya 7000k // M-tec LED plate lights // OEM blacklines // 20% window tint // Cyba air scoops // K&N + charcoal filter delete // Front splitters // Hamann front lip// M-tech trunk lip // Magnaflow custom // ER SS brakelines // KW V1's // RS tecknik spacers // H&R spacers //
dtea604 is online now   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2014, 02:12 PM   #71
dtea604
Lieutenant
 
dtea604's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 E90 325i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 504
iTrader: (0)

http://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-seda...tml?styleid=53 so off the bat a stock g is pulling 13.9 at 100 mph. Im assuming your car is modded so heres another link to a another g37 with slight breather mods and it also has awd = extra weight doing 13.06 at 106.5 -107mph
http://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-seda...1-4-times.html

Ive never hit the drag strip before since there are next to none where im around. But I would definetly feel comfortable running a mid 13s in my g with the few bolt ons I have on at the moment.

Just to seal the deal. http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=y...&v=TrTfYMMbAQU

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...speed-1-4-mile this is your time and speed listed on bimmerforums

And this is the closest I could find for an e90 with footage but note that the quarter mile was performed on a mustang dyno
__________________
---------------------------
VMR VB3 // Mtec v4 AE //Nokya 7000k // M-tec LED plate lights // OEM blacklines // 20% window tint // Cyba air scoops // K&N + charcoal filter delete // Front splitters // Hamann front lip// M-tech trunk lip // Magnaflow custom // ER SS brakelines // KW V1's // RS tecknik spacers // H&R spacers //

Last edited by dtea604; 08-28-2014 at 02:32 PM.
dtea604 is online now   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2014, 02:24 PM   #72
mecbain
Private First Class
 
Drives: e90 330i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Montreal, Canada

Posts: 189
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtea604 View Post
http://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-seda...tml?styleid=53 so off the bat a stock g is pulling 13.9 at 100 mph. Im assuming your car is modded so heres another link to a another g37 with slight breather mods and it also has awd = extra weight doing 13.06 at 106.5 -107mph
http://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-seda...1-4-times.html

Ive never hit the drag strip before since there are next to none where im around. But I would definetly feel comfortable running a mid 13s in my g with the few bolt ons I have on at the moment.
We're talking fbo 328i or mostly stock 330i against stock g37, from a roll over 60mph, a modded g37 would obviously destroy them, nobody here is arguing about that, we all know a stock 330i doesn't have much potential for engine modification, which isn't the same case for the g37 and allot of other cars....

btw my car was stock when ran the times, if you were referring to me.

This discussion is really pumping me up to return to the track now that my car feels even stronger then when I went 98mph😃, if I pull a 100 mph, it's going to make some people heads explode I think lol.

Last edited by mecbain; 08-28-2014 at 02:31 PM.
mecbain is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2014, 02:29 PM   #73
OmidHariri
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San Fernando Valley

Posts: 292
iTrader: (0)

My friend with a g37 kills stock 335s and beats e46 m3's
OmidHariri is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2014, 02:35 PM   #74
DUI Elite
///M at Heart
 
DUI Elite's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 SGM E90
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 1,620
iTrader: (4)

G37... probably not. G35 yeah.

I've bothered off a lot of 350z owners on track and in casual highway and I'm no where near FBO.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Built My Way View Post
Rule #1 when you own "The Ultimate Driving Machine". Always have $$$ in "The Automatic Teller Machine"
DUI Elite is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2014, 02:39 PM   #75
dtea604
Lieutenant
 
dtea604's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 E90 325i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 504
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecbain View Post
We're talking fbo 328i or mostly stock 330i against stock g37, from a roll over 60mph, a modded g37 would obviously destroy them, nobody here is arguing about that, we all know a stock 330i doesn't have much potential for engine modification, which isn't the same case for the g37 and allot of other cars....

btw my car was stock when ran the times, if you were referring to me.

This discussion is really pumping me up to return to the track now that my car feels even stronger then when I went 98mph😃, if I pull a 100 mph, it's going to make some people heads explode I think lol.
Ive edit and repost a few links. Stock for stock
__________________
---------------------------
VMR VB3 // Mtec v4 AE //Nokya 7000k // M-tec LED plate lights // OEM blacklines // 20% window tint // Cyba air scoops // K&N + charcoal filter delete // Front splitters // Hamann front lip// M-tech trunk lip // Magnaflow custom // ER SS brakelines // KW V1's // RS tecknik spacers // H&R spacers //
dtea604 is online now   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2014, 02:41 PM   #76
Dylanize
Captain Dutch Rudder
 
Dylanize's Avatar
 
Drives: 07' E92
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Queen City, NC

Posts: 1,547
iTrader: (4)

You guys are dumb.
__________________

| Platinum Bronze Metallic | AA | VMR | ACS | DJApex Eurobox |
Dylanize is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2014, 03:06 PM   #77
mecbain
Private First Class
 
Drives: e90 330i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Montreal, Canada

Posts: 189
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtea604 View Post
Ive edit and repost a few links. Stock for stock

not sure what you're trying to prove by providing a link to a thread (that btw. exists on this forum as well) where I have the proof (timeslips) of the times I run?

Are you referring to the rounding down to 14.4 from 14.45? or the mph of 97.3 which I didn't round up, I just remember running 98mph, probably just that I didn't get the best 1/4 mile time on the same slip... big deal...


You want to play the link games, have you seen the drag times links I've posted? How about those guys, are they also full of bull, cause my fun is to post fake times to prove that my car is faster than it actually is to people that have the same freaking car haha? lol

I still don't get it what your problem is (not you personaly)? are some of you retarded, cause I sure start to feel like one arguing with you guys??? WTF?!?! People manage good times with their N52's and instead of being happy about that you doub it and call bull on us, screw you!
mecbain is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2014, 03:07 PM   #78
mecbain
Private First Class
 
Drives: e90 330i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Montreal, Canada

Posts: 189
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylanize View Post
You guys are dumb.
I sure feel like one for having lost my time and patience to argue over this crap.
mecbain is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2014, 03:23 PM   #79
dtea604
Lieutenant
 
dtea604's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 E90 325i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 504
iTrader: (0)

Were not arguing just debating. And stating fact for fact to end discussin. And I have no beef with you just trying to back up what im stating. I think its frankly "dumb" that people think were arguing when were just asking questions and answering it.
__________________
---------------------------
VMR VB3 // Mtec v4 AE //Nokya 7000k // M-tec LED plate lights // OEM blacklines // 20% window tint // Cyba air scoops // K&N + charcoal filter delete // Front splitters // Hamann front lip// M-tech trunk lip // Magnaflow custom // ER SS brakelines // KW V1's // RS tecknik spacers // H&R spacers //
dtea604 is online now   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2014, 04:09 PM   #80
mecbain
Private First Class
 
Drives: e90 330i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Montreal, Canada

Posts: 189
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtea604 View Post
Were not arguing just debating. And stating fact for fact to end discussin. And I have no beef with you just trying to back up what im stating. I think its frankly "dumb" that people think were arguing when were just asking questions and answering it.
yeah well it's one thing debating if an fbo 328i can keep up or even beat a stock g37, there's another thing telling me a stock 330i can't run the 1/4 mile 98mph when I did it and others as well, that's indirectly attacking my credibility with no freaking reason...

but yeah my comment was harsh, no pun intended, in the end it's a discussion forum, those that don't believe well good luck running your 91mph trap speeds and getting beat by most cars out there, while I'm having fun beating on cars that apparently I'm not supposed to, guess I have a magical car, I'll put it in my ad when selling it, it's so fast that no one with the same car will believe it haha
mecbain is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2014, 04:20 PM   #81
hassmaschine
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2006 330i 6sp w/ sport package
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: earth

Posts: 101
iTrader: (0)

You have me wanting to take my bone stock 330i to the strip just to see what it can do!
hassmaschine is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2014, 05:59 PM   #82
dtea604
Lieutenant
 
dtea604's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 E90 325i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 504
iTrader: (0)

I have no problem seeing a 330i hitting 98mph at around 14.5 given correct temp, driver,if the engine has been maintained regularly, list goes on. From what i can say between the two is the e90 feels more balanced and the power is more useable. As the g you have to work for it and it rewards you peak hp/tq at near redline not that its a slouch or anythingg but forsure 3k rpm - 7500/8000rpm is quite enjoyable.
__________________
---------------------------
VMR VB3 // Mtec v4 AE //Nokya 7000k // M-tec LED plate lights // OEM blacklines // 20% window tint // Cyba air scoops // K&N + charcoal filter delete // Front splitters // Hamann front lip// M-tech trunk lip // Magnaflow custom // ER SS brakelines // KW V1's // RS tecknik spacers // H&R spacers //

Last edited by dtea604; 08-29-2014 at 12:16 AM.
dtea604 is online now   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2014, 07:13 PM   #83
TheAxiom
Dyno whore
 
Drives: E90 6Spd ZSP
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Tampa Florida

Posts: 1,618
iTrader: (1)

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...highlight=330i

I stand corrected!

Last edited by TheAxiom; 08-28-2014 at 07:23 PM.
TheAxiom is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2014, 08:20 PM   #84
e90mbition
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E46, E90
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 238
iTrader: (0)

a stock 328 or a modded 328 will not beat a G37 lol

probably a souped up accord v6 will beat a FBO 328 lol

its a slow car but a fun car to drive, just enjoy what you have, sometimes its not just about power
e90mbition is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      Yesterday, 07:07 AM   #85
b-man
Captain
 
b-man's Avatar
 
Drives: 328xi
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: maine

Posts: 614
iTrader: (1)

Just got to work now. On my way I had a g35x in front of me and instead of getting in the right lane, he wanted to play. 50-120, 3 runs, around 2 miles or so. He was definitely flooring it, but I was catching up with him. I just wasn't expecting it, especially since he was probably flooring it half a second before me cause I waited for him to speed up. But again, it wasn't a g37, it was a sedan and awd.

I was surprised how well his car handled though. It looked like he was on stock suspension, unless he had an aftermarket setup with the same ride height, and stock tires. I have an 328xi with v1. I just thought I'd destroy him in the curves but he didn't slow down at all. Although, we went over a bump in a curve, and I could see his tail sliding for a second.

I don't know much about g series, but I was pretty sure g35x was faster than 328xi
b-man is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      Yesterday, 11:56 AM   #86
E46driver
First Lieutenant
 
E46driver's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 N51 328i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rowland Heights

Posts: 389
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man
Just got to work now. On my way I had a g35x in front of me and instead of getting in the right lane, he wanted to play. 50-120, 3 runs, around 2 miles or so. He was definitely flooring it, but I was catching up with him. I just wasn't expecting it, especially since he was probably flooring it half a second before me cause I waited for him to speed up. But again, it wasn't a g37, it was a sedan and awd.

I was surprised how well his car handled though. It looked like he was on stock suspension, unless he had an aftermarket setup with the same ride height, and stock tires. I have an 328xi with v1. I just thought I'd destroy him in the curves but he didn't slow down at all. Although, we went over a bump in a curve, and I could see his tail sliding for a second.

I don't know much about g series, but I was pretty sure g35x was faster than 328xi
G35s are rated from the factory at 280 or something like that but the other night I was in my clk350 and there was a slammed g37 on some vossen 5 spoke stance wheels and some exhaust. My clk is bone stock and I was kinda egging him on to push it. So I tailed him until he dropped a gear and floored it so I was like f it I'll floor it also. We ran for a good 8 seconds and he could not get me off his ass. I was probably like 3-4 feet away from his bumper. I knew my clk is rated at 264 hp / 250tq from the factory so I was pretty surprised that he could not leave me. I don't know what factors went into play in that race, my only guess is that because I was gating him was that I was running into less wind resistance which allowed me to keep up. :P
__________________
2009 Alpine White E92 N51 328i Automagic |Coral Red/Black Dakota Leather Interior | BMW Performance Exhaust | Varrstoen ES1 | Gloss Black Roof Vinyl | M-Sport Kit(-Skirts) | LUX H8 V3 AE | GP Thunder Fogs
E46driver is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      Today, 11:16 AM   #87
mecbain
Private First Class
 
Drives: e90 330i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Montreal, Canada

Posts: 189
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man View Post
Just got to work now. ... but I was pretty sure g35x was faster than 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46driver View Post
G35s are rated ... which allowed me to keep up. :P
Impossible, G35/G37's are the fastest things outhere, no way, I can't believe it, there most of been something wrong with those G's, or the drivers just felt bad for you and gave you a chance...
mecbain is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      Today, 12:11 PM   #88
dtea604
Lieutenant
 
dtea604's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 E90 325i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 504
iTrader: (0)

So did 3 pulls with a 330i last night, he had sport a model with a k&n drop in + exhaust & tune should have asked which tune it was but. All three runs same outcome I ate him alive. Either he didnt know how to drive or i just over took him with ease. On the 3rd run he suggested to line up at 3rd gear same out come got to 4th gear in my car shifting at 6.5 - 7k rpm I was. Note this was at night time so there is plenty of room to drive. Didnt do it for fun , was curious about the outcome and I would not recommend any forum members to do so on the street.
dtea604 is online now   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST