E90Post

Horizon LED

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Exhaust options

08-28-2014, 04:59 PM   #1
spuntyb
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 F31

Exhaust options

PE vs AA. I like the sound of both, but the AA looks to be cheaper (although backordered). I'm looking for something only *mildly* more aggressive than stock that doesn't drone too much. Is the PE worth the extra dough?

Also going to get the AA software tune - does it make any difference getting the tune or exhaust first? At the same time?

If you chose one over the other for your 328i xdrive, why? Any regrets after the fact?

Thanks!
      08-28-2014, 05:11 PM   #2
jc5988
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2010 328i 6MT Sport Pkg

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuntyb View Post
PE vs AA. I like the sound of both, but the AA looks to be cheaper (although backordered). I'm looking for something only *mildly* more aggressive than stock that doesn't drone too much. Is the PE worth the extra dough?

Also going to get the AA software tune - does it make any difference getting the tune or exhaust first? At the same time?

If you chose one over the other for your 328i xdrive, why? Any regrets after the fact?

Thanks!
just get PE, BMW paid big buck hire sound engineer for a reason. its pefect mildly aggressive system.
      08-28-2014, 05:14 PM   #3
spuntyb
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc5988
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuntyb View Post

Thanks!
just get PE, BMW paid big buck hire sound engineer for a reason. its pefect mildly aggressive system.
That's kind of what I'm thinking, based on searches here and on video clips.
      08-28-2014, 05:28 PM   #4
Emozoo
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2010 328xi premium package

Garage List
2010 328 xi  [0.00]
PE. the AA is a glorified muffler delete
      08-28-2014, 06:02 PM   #5
CertifiedOfficial
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 06 JB 330i Non-Sport

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emozoo View Post
PE. the AA is a glorified muffler delete
... At nearly half the price.

You could DIY a muffler system with the mfg of your choice's universal muffler and tips. Nice especially if you have cheap/easy access to a lift and a welder.

Between the PE and AA, I chose AA because I like the sound more over the PE. If you're worried about volume (in and outside the car), get the PE, as it seems to be a perfect mix. XPH is having a Group Buy on the AA now, as well.

Note: I've heard neither in person, and am basing my opinion off YT clips and this forum. My other car is a highly modified STI, so volume is very relative for me. I'll have an AA in my grubby little mits in about 24 hours.
      08-28-2014, 08:24 PM   #6
Emozoo
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2010 328xi premium package

Garage List
2010 328 xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CertifiedOfficial View Post
... At nearly half the price.

You could DIY a muffler system with the mfg of your choice's universal muffler and tips. Nice especially if you have cheap/easy access to a lift and a welder.

Between the PE and AA, I chose AA because I like the sound more over the PE. If you're worried about volume (in and outside the car), get the PE, as it seems to be a perfect mix. XPH is having a Group Buy on the AA now, as well.

Note: I've heard neither in person, and am basing my opinion off YT clips and this forum. My other car is a highly modified STI, so volume is very relative for me. I'll have an AA in my grubby little mits in about 24 hours.
haha guess you have to pay to play sometimes
      08-28-2014, 10:26 PM   #7
TheAxiom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 6Spd ZSP

Neither for me, both would likely be too loud with headers.
Appreciate 0