E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Dpf Removal In London Or Nearby?

11-06-2014, 04:10 AM   #1
deeebo8452
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E90 325d N57

Dpf Removal In London Or Nearby?

Hi

My DPF light has come on two days ago, after much advice I took it on a 20 mile motorway run doing 80mph+ above 3000 revs however the light remains on.

Am thinking the only option is to remove the DPF. Can anyone recommend anyone for the job who is tried and tested and roughly how much am I looking at? Is this certain to fix the issue?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2014, 04:31 AM   #2
nicktyler
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i (sadly gone)

Garage List
There is a place called http://www.prestigevehiclerepairs.com/ who were always brilliant for me. They are at lakeside so pretty handy in terms of road connections.

Talk to Nick and he will look after you. Not sure quite how much it costs and it depends on if you want it mapped after etc.

Whether it fixes the problem depends on if the DPF itself really is the root of the problem. Start by reading the error codes. If it didn't regenerate it could be a sensor failure.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2014, 05:09 AM   #3
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeebo8452 View Post
Hi

My DPF light has come on two days ago, after much advice I took it on a 20 mile motorway run doing 80mph+ above 3000 revs however the light remains on.

Am thinking the only option is to remove the DPF. Can anyone recommend anyone for the job who is tried and tested and roughly how much am I looking at? Is this certain to fix the issue?

Thanks in advance!
you need to read up properly about DPF's before you lash out spending money when it may not be needed. could be simpler things stopping the regen.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2014, 06:26 AM   #4
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

As stated re DPF get everything analysed first as there are times where you can be thorn a bum steer re codes and some times as we have discovered you can expect the unexpected.

Re DPF be careful now re removal as the rules on MOT as I saw last week have changed in terms of severity. Therefore we as a dealer are removing all data re DPF removal due to he latest set of circumstances posed by VOSA.
      11-06-2014, 10:25 AM   #5
nicktyler
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i (sadly gone)

Garage List
Interesting Steve! maybe you could do a thread on the new rules for DPF removal. Of course I could Google it but if I didn't think it was an issue in the first place I might not do that.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2014, 11:53 AM   #6
D5TMW
Private
Rep
Drives: 335D

call Andy up here, he will sort you out. http://www.walkersautotech.co.uk/
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2014, 11:55 AM   #7
JulesM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktyler View Post
Interesting Steve! maybe you could do a thread on the new rules for DPF removal. Of course I could Google it but if I didn't think it was an issue in the first place I might not do that.
Yeah +1
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 05:59 AM   #8
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesM View Post
Yeah +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktyler View Post
Do you know what I work with cars 5.5 days a week from 7 in the morning til at least 6 at night then I get home gone 7 then I'm on here.. So to sit and post a thread about it won't be my plan of action...... Instead here you go.

The rules basically are very straightforward I've photographed the statement(I'll post up later)we received from VOSA as an MOT station, which was released during October(back dated to February).
      11-07-2014, 06:15 AM   #9
D5TMW
Private
Rep
Drives: 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post

Do you know what I work with cars 5.5 days a week from 7 in the morning til at least 6 at night then I get home gone 7 then I'm on here.. So to sit and post a thread about it won't be my plan of action...... Instead here you go.

The rules basically are very straightforward I've photographed the statement(I'll post up later)we received from VOSA as an MOT station, which was released during October(back dated to February).
But then again, thanks to a covered under body on the e92 and a very simple visual check its not usually a problem.

Well it hasn't been for me anyway...
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 06:23 AM   #10
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by D5TMW View Post
But then again, thanks to a covered under body on the e92 and a very simple visual check its not usually a problem.

Well it hasn't been for me anyway...
True but MOT testers are individuals some will glance and move on some will actually be more inquisitive and if they can see any evidence i.e. any visual tampering(usually of the side casing as many we've seen people are too lazy and cut the canister open at the side and weld it up again)rather than carefully remove the top seam and re weld again then it will obviously not meet VOSA requirements.
      11-07-2014, 06:36 AM   #11
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tome9x View Post
Worst case scenario is £20 in to the testers pocket, works all the time.
trust me visit here you won't even get the opportunity to pull a bluey from your pocketlet alone ask if this will get it through