E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Big Thanks to Jammy78 for CIC Retrofit

11-06-2014, 03:15 PM   #23
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Sam Sam Sam..... you really are extraordinaire..

Let's get this straight.

1. I've now asked twice for an explanation for your out of behaviour remark...and you've failed to explain on both accounts.

2. I asked via PM if you had any combox for sale and you said you sold you last one last week but you'll check with breakers. Then I sent you a link to one I had found asking if it was compatible and your answer was 'No it won't work'. I then asked could you explain why not but I'm still waiting for a response funnily enough.......... Notice how I also asked how your bumper mod was coming along.

3. I then did some research and found that yes it WILL work making you, Sir Mak, the unreliable person. You clearly didn't tell me the truth or didn't want to share your knowledge which apparently costs you money. Well if that's the case, please don't ask other people to tell you how to sort your bumper mod. It costs them money, remember.

Use this..

4. And since we're on the topic, you have a pretty stale reputation on the forum for selling and retrofitting CIC kits for quite staggering prices, regardless of what you think. That or your breakers are shafting you nicely

5. Another lie from you Sam... you didn't tell me take my work elsewhere. I still have the PM so happy to share with everybody exactly what you said - let me know

What strikes me the most is, I've had nothing against you and have even discussed you tuning my bit one which is a service I'd happily pay for. You even said you were free on a particular Saturday... so a little contradictory Sam. #justsaying
      11-06-2014, 03:52 PM   #24
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Sam Sam Sam..... you really are extraordinaire..

Let's get this straight.

1. I've now asked twice for an explanation for your out of behaviour remark...and you've failed to explain on both accounts.

2. I asked via PM if you had any combox for sale and you said you sold you last one last week but you'll check with breakers. Then I sent you a link to one I had found asking if it was compatible and your answer was 'No it won't work'. I then asked could you explain why not but I'm still waiting for a response funnily enough.......... Notice how I also asked how your bumper mod was coming along.

3. I then did some research and found that yes it WILL work making you, Sir Mak, the unreliable person. You clearly didn't tell me the truth or didn't want to share your knowledge which apparently costs you money. Well if that's the case, please don't ask other people to tell you how to sort your bumper mod. It costs them money, remember.

Use this..

4. And since we're on the topic, you have a pretty stale reputation on the forum for selling and retrofitting CIC kits for quite staggering prices, regardless of what you think. That or your breakers are shafting you nicely

5. Another lie from you Sam... you didn't tell me take my work elsewhere. I still have the PM so happy to share with everybody exactly what you said - let me know

What strikes me the most is, I've had nothing against you and have even discussed you tuning my bit one which is a service I'd happily pay for. You even said you were free on a particular Saturday... so a little contradictory Sam. #justsaying
Sam
Isn't funny that you are saying that I am unreliable and as of yesterday, you were asking me about the combox compatibility and wirings involved to retrofit combox?

This will go on and on. We can continue this forever. This thread is to praise Jammy's work and I simply told you to stop telling ......when you were telling non-sense re: DAB. Now you are trying to be a keyboard warrior!

We can take it to pms or discuss it face to face (if you are that interested).

One more hint, if I stopped responding to you pms, then you should get the message about what I am trying to say

Re: Cost of CIC, I do not have to explain it again but just for your satisfaction, yes I pay more for CIC which I fit as they are on certain firmwares. IF they are not, then getting bmw applications are shedding more money. Also, I try to buy only mint condition units.
Then they get tested in may lab and all of them get latest maps.
So, you come for all in one solution.

I have also fitted CIC on some cars where owners arranged their own CIC. If they encountered any problem due to XYZ reasons, I have been very reasonable with them and tried to help them.

Lastly, you sent me this item

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E70-E7...3D181573443080

Any person who deals with CIC and combox will tell you that this combox will not work with your CIC. I still stand correct!

I am going to stop ignoring you from here onward. Good luck with your future modding.
      11-06-2014, 04:26 PM   #25
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Sam,

There were other ways to explain your view on my comment. Unfortunately you must have missed the 'manner' classes in life. I'm not the one other people have formed an opinion of. I've given you 3 chances to just simply explain Where your derogatory comment came from and you have failed. Can you justify your comment?

If you had gone to the trouble of generating a meme picture, or finding one on Google...then I'm sure you'd have done your best to explain how I've been so unreliable in the past...

Note: In my earlier post I even said I've had nothing against you and it's why I came to ask you. Yes I asked what wiring is required for the Combox because I have no idea. And yes I asked why won't that ebay item work with my CIC but since you didn't respond (and now you've admitted you didn't respond on purpose).......clearly it's you had an agenda issue which I wasn't even aware of, until now.

Honestly, you've dug your own hole here. Passing off such a personal remark and then writing an essay to explain CIC dab and nbt .. Good one.

You'd be wasting your time meeting me to discuss anything... After all, I'm unreliable

Free advice. You might want to correct your last sentence Sam.

Best,
S

Last edited by AWBimmer; 11-06-2014 at 04:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 09:48 AM   #26
Thewrench86
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 \M sport. F06 640d M Sport

very jealous mate
i myself love the look of the cic over the ccc I've got, but i also have the dab radio in mine, and its so much clearer in treble and bass compared to say normal radio or aux connected music(via htc one beast audio profile selected.),i think its very noticeable with the logic 7 system i have tho!! dab is a top option now and again blast radio 1xtra.

ps i was actually going to buy the cic conversion jammy was advertising but u beat me to it!
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 10:07 AM   #27
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

regret mentioning DAB now as its started an uncalled for debate between you too. apologies AWB.
Appreciate 1
      11-10-2014, 08:30 AM   #28
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupraraj View Post
regret mentioning DAB now as its started an uncalled for debate between you too. apologies AWB.
Wouldn't worry about it mate. If Makkan0 has a problem, I think he's capable enough to come talk to me directly.. not use forums as a medium to pass of character remarks about someone who's never had any dealings with him nor even met properly.

11-10-2014, 08:34 AM   #29
russdx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 325D M SPORT,2014 E220AMG

I personally find DAB USELESS in this country I have had it in a few hire BMWs and hire mini and its in the Mercedes and all of them have been CACK no hissing or distortion but the amount of times it lost signal or couldn't find a station just pissed me off.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 10:10 AM   #30
MAN15H
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 BMW 330e MSport

I use DAB every day on my commute from Dunstable to Milton keynes.. works perfectly and my current DAB setup is on the CCC system that BMW fitted to the car back 2006.

Just about to upgrade to CIC with DAB+ so hope thats just as good if not better.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 12:53 PM   #31
jammy78
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 335D

If anyone is after a DAB+ CIC, let me know as I have my one for sale!
Appreciate 0