E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > So what do YOU do...



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-21-2007, 01:33 PM   #177
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg1965 View Post
That means something to me but I doubt whether anyone else would understand!
nope
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2007, 01:36 PM   #178
Z4 Beemer
Colonel
 
Z4 Beemer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, UK

Posts: 2,353
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 E92  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.2i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to Z4 Beemer
AAhhh ha you mean the Link 11 encryption device fitted to the Merlin helicopter.
__________________
E89 Z4 sDrive 23i... for the more discerning driver
Z4 Beemer is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2007, 01:42 PM   #179
peterg1965
Brigadier General
 
peterg1965's Avatar
 
Drives: E70 X5 xdrive35d M Sport
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The place of dark satanic mills, UK

Posts: 4,129
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4 Beemer View Post
AAhhh ha you mean the Link 11 encryption device fitted to the Merlin helicopter.
sshhhhhh
peterg1965 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2007, 01:48 PM   #180
NFS
Major General
 
NFS's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i m-sport LCI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 9,214
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg1965 View Post
sshhhhhh
It's alright Pete, it's not ultra top secret .. it's on the marketing page of the website ..

http://www.ultra-scs.com/tactical.html
__________________
NFS is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2007, 01:51 PM   #181
DaveC
Captain
 
Drives: 330 Touring
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 645
iTrader: (0)

Close but no banana! Link 11 known as TADIL-A in the US along with others are simply networks for sharing information about whats going on with other units on your side e.g. the little Merlin helicopter referred to above may be able to see a wider area radar picture broadcast by an AWACS miles away or share information with nearby Frigates and the like. There are heaps of different ones (Link 4, 16, 22, JTIDS, errr err I forget). Encryption is a whole different game - i.e. you may choose to encrypt the stuff you transmit in case those nasty foreigners are clever enough to be able to listen in on your link - in fact you'd be pretty wise to.

Anyhoo, that was going back best part of a decade and I'd nearly managed to forget it all.
DaveC is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2007, 01:53 PM   #182
peterg1965
Brigadier General
 
peterg1965's Avatar
 
Drives: E70 X5 xdrive35d M Sport
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The place of dark satanic mills, UK

Posts: 4,129
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed View Post
It's alright Pete, it's not ultra top secret .. it's on the marketing page of the website ..

http://www.ultra-scs.com/tactical.html
Oh well, it probably doesnt work as it should anyway, especially if it has been procured by the MoD!
peterg1965 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2007, 01:55 PM   #183
DaveC
Captain
 
Drives: 330 Touring
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 645
iTrader: (0)

Hey I spent years "Designing for Maintenance Contracts" of course it all worked perfectly
DaveC is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2007, 01:55 PM   #184
NFS
Major General
 
NFS's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i m-sport LCI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 9,214
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Close but no banana! Link 11 known as TADIL-A in the US along with others are simply networks for sharing information about whats going on with other units on your side e.g. the little Merlin helicopter referred to above may be able to see a wider area radar picture broadcast by an AWACS miles away or share information with nearby Frigates and the like. There are heaps of different ones (Link 4, 16, 22, JTIDS, errr err I forget). Encryption is a whole different game - i.e. you may choose to encrypt the stuff you transmit in case those nasty foreigners are clever enough to be able to listen in on your link - in fact you'd be pretty wise to.

Anyhoo, that was going back best part of a decade and I'd nearly managed to forget it all.
OK .. but where does the banana come into it?
__________________
NFS is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2007, 01:55 PM   #185
Serjames
Colonel
 
Serjames's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 335i M-sport
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Surrey - UK

Posts: 2,426
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
lol
__________________
Serjames is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2007, 01:58 PM   #186
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
bananas in many countries are used a sexual object for women, they have enough firmness but are still supple and soft also, so feel really good! so im told
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2007, 02:00 PM   #187
Z4 Beemer
Colonel
 
Z4 Beemer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, UK

Posts: 2,353
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 E92  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.2i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to Z4 Beemer
Good, we are now back on track thanks to Carlos.
__________________
E89 Z4 sDrive 23i... for the more discerning driver
Z4 Beemer is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2007, 05:28 PM   #188
NFS
Major General
 
NFS's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i m-sport LCI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 9,214
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
bananas in many countries are used a sexual object for women, they have enough firmness but are still supple and soft also, so feel really good! so im told
Peeled or unpeeled?
__________________
NFS is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2007, 05:37 PM   #189
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed View Post
Peeled or unpeeled?
well unpeeled they break off into the ''Fannay'' and can cause bacterium problems, so unpeeled is the only way forward
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2007, 06:03 PM   #190
NFS
Major General
 
NFS's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i m-sport LCI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 9,214
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
well unpeeled they break off into the ''Fannay'' and can cause bacterium problems, so unpeeled is the only way forward
Thank you Mr Fandango. You are indeed wise in the art of love.
__________________
NFS is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2007, 07:53 AM   #191
Micky Dee
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW sdrive 3.0i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Lincolnshire

Posts: 247
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I'm a McDonald's franchisee.....

and Carlos at present we don't sell banana's!!!
Micky Dee is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2007, 09:51 AM   #192
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micky Dee View Post
I'm a McDonald's franchisee.....

and Carlos at present we don't sell banana's!!!
, will do soon tho, if the ladies come flocking


How are you Rich?


Carlos
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2007, 10:50 AM   #193
Micky Dee
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW sdrive 3.0i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Lincolnshire

Posts: 247
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I'm fine Mr Fandango. Busy selling Chicken Legends like crazy! Have you tried one yet?
Micky Dee is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2007, 10:56 AM   #194
silverbmwz3
Colonel
 
Drives: E90 335d wheelbarrow
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Buckinghamshire, UK

Posts: 2,021
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
So do I hear a Lincolnshire meet in a Micky Dee's car park coming up, hint hint
__________________
Current: E90 335d (May 2007) | Black/Black | Prof Hifi | Prof Nav | 6FL | Fully Electric Seats | Xenons | Folding Mirrors | PDC
Previous: 325ci Conv. Black/Black with lots of ACS
Previous: z3 3.0 Silver with Black&Red Leather
silverbmwz3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2007, 11:12 AM   #195
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micky Dee View Post
I'm fine Mr Fandango. Busy selling Chicken Legends like crazy! Have you tried one yet?
No i havent mate, i will have to pop to my local one this weekend and try a ledgend


Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbmwz3 View Post
So do I hear a Lincolnshire meet in a Micky Dee's car park coming up, hint hint
i rekon so dont you..?!
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2007, 04:19 PM   #196
Snooky
Major
 
Snooky's Avatar
 
Drives: Q5 S Line Plus; 208 Gti
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Livingston, Scotland

Posts: 1,164
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbmwz3 View Post
You might know a mate of mine who's job description sounds very similar.... property is quite a small world in central london?

He used to work for King Sturge, Chelsfield and then Global Switch - but now works for his boss who owns what I believe is a smaller independent outfit.
Silver, would your mates initials be MD by any chance? If so, I know him pretty well. You are right that the property game in London is asmall world.

I am a chartered accountant working for a large bank representing it's interests on the Boards of a number of property joint venture companies
Snooky is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      11-17-2007, 05:14 AM   #197
silverbmwz3
Colonel
 
Drives: E90 335d wheelbarrow
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Buckinghamshire, UK

Posts: 2,021
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooky View Post
Silver, would your mates initials be MD by any chance? If so, I know him pretty well. You are right that the property game in London is asmall world.

I am a chartered accountant working for a large bank representing it's interests on the Boards of a number of property joint venture companies
Maybe
__________________
Current: E90 335d (May 2007) | Black/Black | Prof Hifi | Prof Nav | 6FL | Fully Electric Seats | Xenons | Folding Mirrors | PDC
Previous: 325ci Conv. Black/Black with lots of ACS
Previous: z3 3.0 Silver with Black&Red Leather
silverbmwz3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-17-2007, 05:53 AM   #198
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbmwz3 View Post
Maybe
Maybe not
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST