E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Dinan chip

11-26-2007, 02:17 PM   #23
imolazhp_ci
Major

Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by astris View Post
And it's hard to say Dinan parts are crap... because Dinan doesn't make some of them. Lots are rebranded.
i'd love to know your source on this, because i know for 100% fact that all R&D and design is done 100% completely in house, some production is outsourced, of course, but nothing Dinan makes is an already existing part simply rebranded.
      11-26-2007, 02:37 PM   #24
astris
Captain

Drives: 2005 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post
i'd love to know your source on this, because i know for 100% fact that all R&D and design is done 100% completely in house, some production is outsourced, of course, but nothing Dinan makes is an already existing part simply rebranded.
So, you're saying Dinan did all the designing and R&D for Brembo and Koni? Somehow I don't think so. They took existing parts and specified to the manufacturer what configuration they wanted. That's not design. I guess it could pass as research.

Not to mention one of their short shifters is an OEM BMW part, just pushed down a 1/4" and repainted... and several times the price. Lots of Dinan R&D there. Even the markings are the same on the rubber.

Last edited by astris; 11-26-2007 at 02:58 PM.
      11-26-2007, 03:09 PM   #25
imolazhp_ci
Major

you are a retard.... duh koni and brembo, not brembo, but koni's are made to their specs, thats like saying oh well the procede is just rebadged because vishnu doesn't actually produce the module.
      11-26-2007, 03:32 PM   #26
astris
Captain

Quote:
you are a retard.... duh koni and brembo, not brembo, but koni's are made to their specs, thats like saying oh well the procede is just rebadged because vishnu doesn't actually produce the module.
LOL.

So you agree that Dinan did NOT design or even manufacture the parts and the Brembos are rebadged? That's weird because you said "I know for 100% fact that all R&D and design is done 100% completely in house." They didn't design ANY of those parts.

And what do you have to say about that "Dinan" short shifter? It's just a BMW shifter painted and pushed down. That's R&D? Please explain Dinan's intensive in house design work on that. Does the paint count as in house R&D? haha.

Enough off topic, this thread is about a Dinan flash. Atleast that will be their own... that is, if they didn't outsource the tuner.
      11-26-2007, 03:36 PM   #27
imolazhp_ci
Major

the brembo's don't even count because they are listed as Brembo's. they don't hide that and they don't try to pass them off as their own whatsoever, so yeah... all DINAN products are developed in house. i never said dinan's parts were the best performing, i said they were some of the best QUALITY, whether that shifter is a remade BMW part or not, it's going to be better quality than stock.
      11-26-2007, 03:47 PM   #28
335Transformer
Captain

Drives: Forecast: Sunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by poweredbyBMW View Post
6 hp? i looked on their site but i couldnt find it... do you have al ink?
http://www.dinancars.com/Series.asp?...%20Tuning#2789

A total of 6 lousy hp.
      11-26-2007, 03:49 PM   #29
astris
Captain

Quote:
the brembo's don't even count because they are listed as Brembo's. they don't hide that and they don't try to pass them off as their own whatsoever, so yeah... all DINAN products are developed in house. i never said dinan's parts were the best performing, i said they were some of the best QUALITY, whether that shifter is a remade BMW part or not, it's going to be better quality than stock.
Well they list them on their site as Dinan/Brembo brakes, not just Brembo. In fact they paint over the Brembo logos with Dinan. So yes, they are rebadged. The difference between the Dinan and regular Brembo kit is the "Dinan-spec Ferodo Brake Pads." Which of course means some Ferodo pads Dinan chose and anyone can buy.

And to be fair, it's not a "remade" BMW shifter. It IS a BMW shifter that Dinan buys and puts their name on. Not something I would be proud of being calling in house design.

BTW, It's $63 from BMW or $180 from Dinan. That must be some quality paint. lol.

Either way, I'm interested to see what Dinan comes up with for a flash. I doubt it will make much power though. Also interested to see where there relationship with BMW goes.