E90Post
 


MINHS Auto Care Center
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Photo: Getting Ready For The Day...



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-11-2006, 08:40 PM   #89
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
ALPINE6SPD's Avatar
United_States
113
Rep
10,418
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Highland Lakes NJ

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to ALPINE6SPD
daytona can you get me a pic of the Navitimer World withe the white face and no yellow gold? thanks
__________________
2010 AW e90 328i: 6 speed, Black Leather, Dark Wood trim, ZPP, ZCW, ZVP,ZSP, Nav, Xenon
BMW Performance CF Rear spolier and Gloss black grills
2008 Candy White MKV GTI 2.0T 6 Speed Manul Gone
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2006, 08:51 PM   #90
quincy
Guest
Rep
n/a
Posts

 
Drives:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona_John
You're only shining a great big spotlight on your ignorance. The Rolex manufactured 4130 in the Daytona for example is in fact considered quite innovative and high tech in the world of high horology, and the difference between high end movements is at least as great as the space between Hyndai and Ferrari...if not an order of magnitude greater.

Your opinion is as lacking in merit as your statements are lacking in facts.
Every time one points out how boring,uninspiring Rolex watches are you attack em,what's the point of starting a thread just to have people echo what you're thinking unless you're an old school african dictator.I really don't like rolex watches and voiced my opinion.

I wear a Seiko watch I'm sure that's like wearing a Kia on my wrist.Rolex watches keep time better than most watches out there .I have a Mont Blanc pen because it writes better and Hell is just a sauna.You're the one showing your ignorance,Rolex is anything but innovative and high tech a Casio watch with a caculator is probably more high tech than a Rolex watch.This won't be the first time a so called expert is wrong.

People buy expensive watches to show off or love their look and as stated before IMO Rolex doesn't show a sophisticated taste,You can jump up and down all you want that's not going to change.You have been programmed to think it's a better watch by a consumer driven society.
If I would 've said I love Rolex watches,I'm sure you would've replied
by" thanks my friend...You have great taste"
One more thing a Porsche 911 drives better than a Hyndai but a Rolex doesn't keep time better than a timex.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2006, 09:54 PM   #91
Daytona_John
Second Lieutenant
Daytona_John's Avatar
26
Rep
286
Posts

 
Drives: 330i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Dayton, OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD
daytona can you get me a pic of the Navitimer World withe the white face and no yellow gold? thanks
I don't own one so your best bet is the Breitling web site.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2006, 10:16 PM   #92
Daytona_John
Second Lieutenant
Daytona_John's Avatar
26
Rep
286
Posts

 
Drives: 330i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Dayton, OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincy
Every time one points out how boring,uninspiring Rolex watches are you attack em,what's the point of starting a thread just to have people echo what you're thinking unless you're an old school african dictator.I really don't like rolex watches and voiced my opinion.

I wear a Seiko watch I'm sure that's like wearing a Kia on my wrist.Rolex watches keep time better than most watches out there .I have a Mont Blanc pen because it writes better and Hell is just a sauna.You're the one showing your ignorance,Rolex is anything but innovative and high tech a Casio watch with a caculator is probably more high tech than a Rolex watch.This won't be the first time a so called expert is wrong.

People buy expensive watches to show off or love their look and as stated before IMO Rolex doesn't show a sophisticated taste,You can jump up and down all you want that's not going to change.You have been programmed to think it's a better watch by a consumer driven society.
If I would 've said I love Rolex watches,I'm sure you would've replied
by" thanks my friend...You have great taste"
One more thing a Porsche 911 drives better than a Hyndai but a Rolex doesn't keep time better than a timex.
I see you're not going to quit digging until you reach China.

Look, if you think Rolex watches are ugly, or boring, or not your cup o' tea, that's certainly your perogative. Certainly several folks has said as much in this thread. So you couldn't be more wrong in thinking I'm taking you to task for not liking Rolex - fact is, I could care less. Here's what you've actually said:

Quote:
I personally prefer Patek Philippe,Cartier"Tank Francaise" watches not for sentimental reasons but because they look better and they are better watches.
I won't touch your statement about sophistication. Even if I thought that, I have more tact than to say as much. You seem bent out of shape however that I and others have pointed out that, particularly in the case of Cartier, they aren't better watches as you state, but cannot back up with fact (as I and others in this thread of done to handily refute your claim).

You would also level the rather insulting claim that I and most Rolex owners just buy Rolex watches to show off. Setting aside for the moment the validity (or lack thereof) of your statement, one thing remans very curious: Yet you fail to demonstrate that your motivations for owning a Cartier are any different. Certainly the Cartier brand name is every bit the flash brand name that Rolex is. At least Rolex has some genuine horological distinction. Cartier uses outsourced movement and is, at best, jewelry. So perhaps you'd better take a look in the mirror before labling me a rich show-off.

PS - You also show ignorance in your knowledge of Seiko - fact is, their are models which Seiko makes which actually rival Rolex is in some repects of horological sophistication (like the Japan only Grand Seiko). Seiko has also just this year released the Seiko Spring Drive, which is arguably the most sophisticated, innovative mechanical movement ever created. In short, I have more respect for many Seiko models than I do most Cartier models.

PSS - The problem with making sweeping generalizations is that they can almost always be proven wrong.

Quote:
..but a Rolex doesn't keep time better than a timex
Sure, a cheap quartz Timex (or any other cheap quartz watch) will keep better time that a mechanical Rolex. The same could be said for a cheap quartz Timex and a Patek or mechanical Cartier. One wonders (perhaps dangerously so) what's your point???

Incidentally, the reason why your sweeping generalization above is wrong (a Rolex doesn't keep time better than a Timex) is that the Rolex Oysterquartz falls in the category of being a "super" quartz that would indeed keep better time than the run of the mill quartz Timex.

Point. Set. Match. Game: Daytona John! :rocks:
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2006, 10:27 PM   #93
noflash
Captain Caveman
noflash's Avatar
44
Rep
1,715
Posts

 
Drives: '06 325eyeyiyi
Join Date: May 2005
Location: midwest

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
An arrogant Rolex salesman! I never!
__________________

E90 325i Monaco Blue, Black Leatherette, Sport, Cold Weather, Xenon, Sat Prep, 18" BBS RGR
Mods: Polorized Film for Business CD, added lumbar, rock chip on hood
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2006, 10:45 PM   #94
quincy
Guest
Rep
n/a
Posts

 
Drives:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona_John
I see you're not going to quit digging until you reach China.

Look, if you think Rolex watches are ugly, or boring, or not your cup o' tea, that's certainly your perogative. Certainly several folks has said as much in this thread. So you couldn't be more wrong in thinking I'm taking you to task for not liking Rolex - fact is, I could care less. Here's what you've actually said:



I won't touch your statement about sophistication. Even if I thought that, I have more tact than to say as much. You seem bent out of shape however that I and others have pointed out that, particularly in the case of Cartier, they aren't better watches as you state, but cannot back up with fact (as I and others in this thread of done to handily refute your claim).

You would also level the rather insulting claim that I and most Rolex owners just buy Rolex watches to show off. Setting aside for the moment the validity (or lack thereof) of your statement, one thing remans very curious: Yet you fail to demonstrate that your motivations for owning a Cartier are any different. Certainly the Cartier brand name is every bit the flash brand name that Rolex is. At least Rolex has some genuine horological distinction. Cartier uses outsourced movement and is, at best, jewelry. So perhaps you'd better take a look in the mirror before labling me a rich show-off.

PS - You also show ignorance in your knowledge of Seiko - fact is, their are models which Seiko makes which actually rival Rolex is in some repects of horological sophistication (like the Japan only Grand Seiko). Seiko has also just this year released the Seiko Spring Drive, which is arguably the most sophisticated, innovative mechanical movement ever created. In short, I have more respect for many Seiko models than I do most Cartier models.
Sorry that I wasn't impressed by your collection of watches, it shows my ignorance.I like Patek Phillippe and Cartier"tank francaise" better as stated before,maybe one day I'll own one.You and Robin have an inclination toward Rolex that's fine too.You guys buy Rolex watches for their great movements not the brand name .I own a Seiko because I didn't want to spend too much money on a watch like a cartier or Patek.Have a nice evening Sir.Got to go.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2006, 01:55 AM   #95
Hunter399
Major General
Hunter399's Avatar
111
Rep
7,757
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (30)

Im sorry guys but this just looks like a show off thread
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2006, 02:00 PM   #96
northerncalguy
Throw your hands in the air, if you's a true playa.
northerncalguy's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
435
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325i, 2014 435i
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
What's the point of owning a nice car, watch, whatever if you can't show it off? Believe me, it's in everyone's blood to flaunt. That's why we have picture threads of every car, in every color, every mod, every kind of wheels...etc...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2006, 03:27 PM   #97
quincy
Guest
Rep
n/a
Posts

 
Drives:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona_John

Point. Set. Match. Game: Daytona John! :rocks:
Hey John,do you play tennis? I love tennis especially woman tennis.What happened to the Rolex intercollegiate indoors championships?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2006, 03:32 PM   #98
3some
First Lieutenant
3some's Avatar
South Africa
14
Rep
314
Posts

 
Drives: E90 //M Sport 320i S/Black
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: South-Africa / Pietersburg / Limpopo

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Hey John.

Just what does a premium Rolex cost these days. I hounestly don't have an idea.
__________________

E90 M-Sport Package, Sapphire Black . Exterior
Logic 7 Sound, Sunroof , I-Drive, Sport Seats , Sat-Nav, Beige Dekota Leather , Aluminium Trim . Interior
Blacklines installed recently, Chrome exaust Tip, Mods :rocks: :rocks:
1999- April - E36 Special Edition 316i (Brilliant Red)
2004- April - E46 Sport Pack 318i (Alpine White)
2005- December- E90 M-Sport 320i (Sapphire Black)
Next- 2008 - E92 335i Coupe (Don't know yet)
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2006, 08:13 PM   #99
Daytona_John
Second Lieutenant
Daytona_John's Avatar
26
Rep
286
Posts

 
Drives: 330i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Dayton, OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3some
Hey John.

Just what does a premium Rolex cost these days. I hounestly don't have an idea.
Most Rolex models, even two-tone gold, are under 10k. If you're talking a completely gold model, you're looking North of 10k.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2006, 08:15 PM   #100
Daytona_John
Second Lieutenant
Daytona_John's Avatar
26
Rep
286
Posts

 
Drives: 330i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Dayton, OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincy
Hey John,do you play tennis? I love tennis especially woman tennis.What happened to the Rolex intercollegiate indoors championships?
I used to love to play, but haven't played much in the last couple of years.

I know Rolex actively sponsors tennis, but I'm unfamilar with that particular championship.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2006, 08:39 PM   #101
quincy
Guest
Rep
n/a
Posts

 
Drives:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona_John
I used to love to play, but haven't played much in the last couple of years.

I know Rolex actively sponsors tennis, but I'm unfamilar with that particular championship.
Same here,I'm going to try to get back at it,time really flies when you're playing tennis and it's so much fun,it's also such a great workout. Rolex has been a great sponsor.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2006, 02:40 AM   #102
KevinC
your average JAMF
KevinC's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
1,530
Posts

 
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '05 330Ci ZHP
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chandler, AZ

iTrader: (0)

:rocks:
__________________
'05 330Ci ZHP ..PD99819______________'07 Z4M Coupe ..LL93707
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2006, 09:59 PM   #103
nine4surfah
Captain
nine4surfah's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
790
Posts

 
Drives: 325i Electric Red
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2006, 06:40 AM   #104
Daytona_John
Second Lieutenant
Daytona_John's Avatar
26
Rep
286
Posts

 
Drives: 330i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Dayton, OH

iTrader: (0)

Do all those surfboards fit in an e90??
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2006, 10:01 AM   #105
nine4surfah
Captain
nine4surfah's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
790
Posts

 
Drives: 325i Electric Red
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona_John
Do all those surfboards fit in an e90??
Do all your watches fit on your wrist?

Last edited by nine4surfah; 02-16-2006 at 10:24 AM.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2006, 06:06 PM   #106
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
ALPINE6SPD's Avatar
United_States
113
Rep
10,418
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Highland Lakes NJ

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to ALPINE6SPD
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine4surfah
Do all your watches fit on your wrist?

__________________
2010 AW e90 328i: 6 speed, Black Leather, Dark Wood trim, ZPP, ZCW, ZVP,ZSP, Nav, Xenon
BMW Performance CF Rear spolier and Gloss black grills
2008 Candy White MKV GTI 2.0T 6 Speed Manul Gone
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2006, 09:44 PM   #107
poldim
Vroom Vrrooooom
poldim's Avatar
Russian Federation
77
Rep
3,134
Posts

 
Drives: 330i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 330i Sedan  [0.00]
2003 GSX-R 600  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to poldim





From that other thread....
__________________
-Dmitriy
06' BMW 330i & 03' Suzuki GSX-R600

SG | Beige Dakota | Poplar || iDrive w/MP3 | PP | SP | CWP | PDC | Comfort | Shades || 40% Tint
| Rogue Engineering 12MM Spacers | Black Line Tail Lights
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2006, 10:11 PM   #108
imageWIS
Audi Roamer…
imageWIS's Avatar
3
Rep
221
Posts

 
Drives: 06' Audi A4 2.0T
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to imageWIS
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona_John
No kidding! The guy needs to use less tape on his phone and more on his mouth!
"Technical Editor, CHRONOS Magazine
Contributing Writer, InSync
Owner, The Rolex Reference Page"

Nice.

Always cool to see a fellow WIS.

Jon.

(and to think all I have to my name is a quote taken out of context regarding watches in Cigar Aficionado…)
__________________
Die Gedanken sind frei

Sucker love is heaven sent.
You pucker up, our passion’s spent.
My hearts a tart, your body’s rent.
My body’s broken, yours is spent.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2006, 12:06 AM   #109
siriusinvestor
Captain
siriusinvestor's Avatar
22
Rep
874
Posts

 
Drives: 1989 Ugo
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: US

iTrader: (2)

This is how the college student does it. :rocks:
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2006, 12:09 AM   #110
siriusinvestor
Captain
siriusinvestor's Avatar
22
Rep
874
Posts

 
Drives: 1989 Ugo
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: US

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC
:rocks:

hahaha NICE~!!!!
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST