E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Been to the 'Ring? - What Time?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-28-2007, 04:03 PM   #1
Fatbloke
Private First Class
 
Fatbloke's Avatar
 
Drives: 320d SE E91 Montego Blue (177)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cardiff, WALES isn't it.

Posts: 125
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Been to the 'Ring? - What Time?

I'm sure there's a boatload of you who have experienced the best weekend away possible by tootling around this amazing place.

Question is - when & what time did you manange.

I've only completed two wobbly laps on my Firebalde, most of which were spent checking my mirrors. Time was about 12 minutes and 30 seconds.

Scary on two wheels, but then I do have small bollocks.

Can't wait to have a go in a car.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Fatbloke
Fatbloke is offline   Wales
0
Reply With Quote
      11-28-2007, 04:15 PM   #2
mikem
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: Z4M
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Somewhere

Posts: 1,549
iTrader: (0)

Bikes at the `ring are an absolute fcuking nuisance.
mikem is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-28-2007, 05:27 PM   #3
Fatbloke
Private First Class
 
Fatbloke's Avatar
 
Drives: 320d SE E91 Montego Blue (177)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cardiff, WALES isn't it.

Posts: 125
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem View Post
Bikes at the `ring are an absolute fcuking nuisance.
Not too sure what you mean by this.
__________________
Fatbloke
Fatbloke is offline   Wales
0
Reply With Quote
      11-28-2007, 07:26 PM   #4
mjh93sa
Major General
 
mjh93sa's Avatar
 
Drives: M135i
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Gloucestershire

Posts: 5,079
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Our very own Beauforty at the 'ring

__________________

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman
Now: M135i with lots of toys
mjh93sa is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2007, 01:03 AM   #5
mikem
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: Z4M
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Somewhere

Posts: 1,549
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatbloke View Post
Not too sure what you mean by this.

Exactly what I said.

I bet if you went back, even in the 318d you`d easily take a min. off that time.
mikem is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2007, 06:45 AM   #6
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,276
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem View Post
Exactly what I said.

I bet if you went back, even in the 318d you`d easily take a min. off that time.
Done a late 6 minute something in a turbocharged enzo
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2007, 08:11 AM   #7
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
 
RockIt's Avatar
 
Drives: Mercedes C350 Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Curry Capital of Yorkshire!

Posts: 1,720
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Done a late 6 minute something in a turbocharged enzo
Which console was this on?
__________________

RockIt!
RockIt is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2007, 10:19 AM   #8
CrimsonRedE93
Major
 
CrimsonRedE93's Avatar
 
Drives: Le Mans Blue E93 330d+
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: West Sussex

Posts: 1,085
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
CrimsonRedE93 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2007, 11:09 AM   #9
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,276
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockIt View Post
Which console was this on?
Xbox the original mate. Whats your best time?
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2007, 02:50 PM   #10
Fatbloke
Private First Class
 
Fatbloke's Avatar
 
Drives: 320d SE E91 Montego Blue (177)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cardiff, WALES isn't it.

Posts: 125
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem View Post
Exactly what I said.

I bet if you went back, even in the 318d you`d easily take a min. off that time.
Mike, You're probably right. to get even a sub 10min time take massive committment on two wheels given that there are no run offs, just expensive sharp armco. 1 mistake & it's curtains. However, the place is run as a public toll road, are the buses full of german tourists any less a nuiscance than any other slow moving vehicle?

Having said that the guys who can hustle a bike around in less than 8 mins have to be seen to be believed.

What have you managed (in what?)
__________________
Fatbloke
Fatbloke is offline   Wales
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2007, 02:55 PM   #11
Fatbloke
Private First Class
 
Fatbloke's Avatar
 
Drives: 320d SE E91 Montego Blue (177)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cardiff, WALES isn't it.

Posts: 125
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Done a late 6 minute something in a turbocharged enzo
How about 6.15 in a nismo 350z racing spec? (PS2 GT3)

This is not going exactly to plan......
__________________
Fatbloke
Fatbloke is offline   Wales
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2007, 02:59 PM   #12
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,276
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatbloke View Post
How about 6.15 in a nismo 350z racing spec? (PS2 GT3)

This is not going exactly to plan......
Fuck me thats going some?! WHat HP is the 350Z?? Obviously turbo'ed!

Thats close to the Lap record!


Carlos
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2007, 03:23 PM   #13
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
 
M3-FAST's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M5 LCi
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Stafford, UK

Posts: 5,791
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Fuck me thats going some?! WHat HP is the 350Z?? Obviously turbo'ed!

Thats close to the Lap record!


Carlos

Carlos - spot the hint !!!! PS2 (sony!!!) GT3 (gran turismo 3!!!)

!! it's not a real car !!

M3-FAST is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2007, 03:30 PM   #14
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,276
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by redE93cab View Post
Carlos - spot the hint !!!! PS2 (sony!!!) GT3 (gran turismo 3!!!)

!! it's not a real car !!

Oh yeah i know mate, but like my enzo.. its still a tuned car and i know its torque and HP output. So should he with this 350z
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2007, 04:10 PM   #15
mikem
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: Z4M
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Somewhere

Posts: 1,549
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatbloke View Post
Mike, You're probably right. to get even a sub 10min time take massive committment on two wheels given that there are no run offs, just expensive sharp armco. 1 mistake & it's curtains. However, the place is run as a public toll road, are the buses full of german tourists any less a nuiscance than any other slow moving vehicle?

Having said that the guys who can hustle a bike around in less than 8 mins have to be seen to be believed.

What have you managed (in what?)
9.51 in the 325 d and 8.53 in the M3 (only driven it for a week at that stage) my last timed lap in the M3 was on course for better but we stopped just before the mini-carousell as an Exige we were chasing crashed badly.

The buses I find OK, they`re big and keep out of the way, whats annoying about the bikes is they all think they`re quick down the straights and up through the forest but then brake so hard for the bends and refuse to move off the racing line that they ruin your lap. I understand that everyone wants to have as much fun as possible and its annoying having to move off the racing line but I think it would be better and much, much safer for everyone if the bikes and cars ran seperately (maybe an hour each, or something ?) I went twice this year and on both occasions there were biker fatalities.

Don`t get me wrong bikes can be great in the right hands and watching the one or two truly skilled riders keeping up with the Zakspeed vipers is awesome but I find most of the riding there terrifying.
mikem is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2007, 04:56 PM   #16
Fatbloke
Private First Class
 
Fatbloke's Avatar
 
Drives: 320d SE E91 Montego Blue (177)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cardiff, WALES isn't it.

Posts: 125
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem View Post
9.51 in the 325 d and 8.53 in the M3 (only driven it for a week at that stage) my last timed lap in the M3 was on course for better but we stopped just before the mini-carousell as an Exige we were chasing crashed badly.

The buses I find OK, they`re big and keep out of the way, whats annoying about the bikes is they all think they`re quick down the straights and up through the forest but then brake so hard for the bends and refuse to move off the racing line that they ruin your lap. I understand that everyone wants to have as much fun as possible and its annoying having to move off the racing line but I think it would be better and much, much safer for everyone if the bikes and cars ran seperately (maybe an hour each, or something ?) I went twice this year and on both occasions there were biker fatalities.

Don`t get me wrong bikes can be great in the right hands and watching the one or two truly skilled riders keeping up with the Zakspeed vipers is awesome but I find most of the riding there terrifying.
Some commitment there with those times.

Have to agree with you about the speed in the corners and the idea about separating cars and bikes. I think after riding around the circuit, keeping the cars and bikes apart would probably benefit both camps.

(Personally, I spent most of the laps on the right hand side of the course, and as I said at least two eyes on the mirrors.)
__________________
Fatbloke
Fatbloke is offline   Wales
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2007, 05:08 PM   #17
Fatbloke
Private First Class
 
Fatbloke's Avatar
 
Drives: 320d SE E91 Montego Blue (177)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cardiff, WALES isn't it.

Posts: 125
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Fuck me thats going some?! WHat HP is the 350Z?? Obviously turbo'ed!

Thats close to the Lap record!


Carlos
Righto, it's been a long time since i used the PS2 so i dug it out of the cupboard & plugged it in.

Actual time was 6:16
HP on the 350z was 956
Game is GT4 on the PS2

if only.
__________________
Fatbloke
Fatbloke is offline   Wales
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2007, 05:40 PM   #18
Gibbo
Colonel
 
Gibbo's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf Ed35
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: South East

Posts: 2,292
iTrader: (0)

Chris Harris at the ring in his new M3

http://www.autocar.co.uk/VideosWallp...AR=229373&CT=V
__________________
Golf Ed35 Black with - Black Leather
Gibbo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2007, 06:47 PM   #19
Steve A
Brigadier General
 
Steve A's Avatar
 
Drives: too much
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Manchester UK

Posts: 3,464
iTrader: (0)

Fuckme i hope you didnt ride the bike to the ring thats like 4000 pressups....fuking insane
__________________
C350 cdi sport estate facelift 457lbft
130i M SportMercedes C350 CDI Sport Estate AutoMini Cooper Auto.Mercedes E250 CGI,Lexus IS-F,R36, RS4 Saloon,ML 420 CDI SPORT,M6, 335d, C55, C32, M3, M5, S3, ALL SOLD but fondly remembered
Steve A is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-30-2007, 05:14 PM   #20
Fatbloke
Private First Class
 
Fatbloke's Avatar
 
Drives: 320d SE E91 Montego Blue (177)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cardiff, WALES isn't it.

Posts: 125
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve A View Post
Fuckme i hope you didnt ride the bike to the ring thats like 4000 pressups....fuking insane
1400 miles from Thursday to Monday, no motorways in Europe, all A roads.
Fucking Magic.

The A & B roads from Spa to the Ring have to be some of the best around.

Autobhans? waste of time.

Good camping and entertainment at the ring as well. Top Weekend
__________________
Fatbloke
Fatbloke is offline   Wales
0
Reply With Quote
      11-30-2007, 08:33 PM   #21
BoBBoB
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: Clio 200 Full Fat
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oxfordshire

Posts: 282
iTrader: (0)

So for a (real) lap I assume the time is bridge to bridge not a full lap ???
BoBBoB is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2007, 02:30 AM   #22
mikem
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: Z4M
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Somewhere

Posts: 1,549
iTrader: (0)

No real choice on public days Bob, Bridge to Gantry.

"A full lap" would prob. be another 20 secs.
mikem is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST