E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > defending your pride and joy

04-06-2015, 09:16 AM   #1
pinco000
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48

Hi guys, some of u might know that someone unsuccesfully tried to take my car early feb.

Since then it was in a secure garage. It proved uneconomical so I went for a independent alarm system which will notify me on my pager if..

My car is now on the street again and I have noticed a black E92 LCI lurking with two guys in it.

I got a feeling they will come back for it but it will be a hell of a lot to do to take it away this time.
I got a baseball bat today if my pager goes off.

QUESTION:

would you go out and defend it? Take a risk they might be armed?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 09:53 AM   #2
Kali
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 E93

Feeling bad for you mate. Maybe set-up a secret camera in your car/outside and work from there?
Appreciate 1
      04-06-2015, 11:02 AM   #3
Mattfox89
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 330d

If you catch them in the act just run out your house with bat in hand and go off like a complete physco.

I'm quite a big lad and like to think that I can handle myself. But..
If I was in their position trying to nick your car and u came out the house with a bat going off like a nutter. I don't know who you are or how hard you are and I wouldn't bother waiting around to find out if u are willing to swing that bat or not.
Stealing a car is not worth broken bones in their eyes.

So yes attack at all costs
Appreciate 1
      04-06-2015, 12:01 PM   #4
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattfox89
If you catch them in the act just run out your house with bat in hand and go off like a complete physco.

If I was in their position trying to nick your car and u came out the house with a bat going off like a nutter. I don't know who you are or how hard you are and I wouldn't bother waiting around to find out if u are willing to swing that bat or not.

Some excellent sensible advice there
Appreciate 1
      04-06-2015, 12:08 PM   #5
pinco000
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks for your replies guys. Im not a big guy, but Im determined to not let the scum have my car. Im motivated more than police and those people in the EU parliament who create this loophole for them.
So lets see who wins when my pager goes off...
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 01:13 PM   #6
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

I see it differently.
You get one life...
Not worth of putting yourself at risk for a car!
At the end of the day you will buy and keep lovely motors if you are alive and perhaps not disabled...
You never know what these scums have to defend themselves.
      04-06-2015, 01:22 PM   #7
Waspo
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: E90 330i M Sport, Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
I see it differently.
You get one life...
Not worth of putting yourself at risk for a car!
At the end of the day you will buy and keep lovely motors if you are alive and perhaps not disabled...
You never know what these scums have to defend themselves.
+1 from me. Me thinks the advice you have been given so far is what we would ALL LIKE TO DO, but a little irresponsible.

If you do connect with said bat to said thief's head and he copes a packet and dies, you will end up in dock me old mucker.

Is a Material object (Yes i know we take pride in our Cars, But???? ) that should be covered with insurance if it is nicked, so think on.

Camera, Alarm, and Wheel lock (Disklok) do everything else but don't put yours and your family's life/living at risk!

Just my Thoughts!!!
      04-06-2015, 02:02 PM   #8
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Absolutely agree with mak and waspo.

These scumbags usually have something stronger than a baseball bat, and seeing you come down they will either run or attack you. They won't sit there waiting for you to hit them.

Also there will be two of them. Maybe you could overpower them if you're Bruce Lee but still a risk in my book.

Do as Waspo says, relocate OBC, discklock. There's a good security sticky on the UK forum.
Appreciate 2
      04-06-2015, 02:36 PM   #9
Dan-danGT
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d M-Sport

chop of the fingers, thieving tossers. My uncle took bat to some youths who was on his garden looking through the Windows. Never seen them again!

this country is too soft as per what the op says, it's about time they got a decent sentence for what they do!
Appreciate 1
      04-06-2015, 02:38 PM   #10
pinco000
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

thanks for your advice guys. I did everything to secure my car as much as possible. Disklok, independent alarm, sensors, immobilizer, etc, etc..
They will be going nowhere even if they have my key fob.
I just though that while they are there desperate and furious I will let them know what I think is the solution to their struggles.
Also, at first attempt they made a run straight away as they noticed they are spotted.
For the sake of my family and everyone close to me I will not step in.
What I will do though...I will call police immediately ( hopefully they will arrive quickly) and in the meantime Im gonna grab my zoom lens
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 02:48 PM   #11
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Just tell the police they were carrying a gun
Appreciate 1
      04-06-2015, 06:42 PM   #12
jwilliams
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3 series

Call the police and report a theft in action. I guarantee no one comes for at least 10 minutes they just aren't interested.

A guy i know has just had his house robbed. A brand new Audi was taken and a Brand new Cooper S Works, the police were called by neighbours. They didn't come for 15 minutes in which time the cars and £100,000 of jewellery and other belongings were taken. Calling the police is as helpful as calling for Batman. They will not pursue the thieves. Instead gave a crime number to his insurance company!

its no wonder people take matters into their own hands and thieves are more common.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 03:01 AM   #13
pinco000
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordon335
Call the police and report a theft in action. I guarantee no one comes for at least 10 minutes they just aren't interested.

A guy i know has just had his house robbed. A brand new Audi was taken and a Brand new Cooper S Works, the police were called by neighbours. They didn't come for 15 minutes in which time the cars and 100,000 of jewellery and other belongings were taken. Calling the police is as helpful as calling for Batman. They will not pursue the thieves. Instead gave a crime number to his insurance company!

its no wonder people take matters into their own hands and thieves are more common.
it makes me angry to read stuff like this...what a waste of taxpayers money they are!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 03:21 AM   #14
JesseJames
JC
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93

Put the bat down,get a glock
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 12:00 PM   #15
Billyray911
Brigadier General
Venezuela
Rep
Drives: Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordon335

A guy i know has just had his house robbed. A brand new Audi was taken and a Brand new Cooper S Works, the police were called by neighbours. They didn't come for 15 minutes in which time the cars and 100,000 of jewellery and other belongings were taken. Calling the police is as helpful as calling for Batman. They will not pursue the thieves. Instead gave a crime number to his insurance company!

Maybe they realise it's a waste of time going to the (empty) house that has just been burgled and may be more productive and proactive,searching for the cars-with a small chance of catching the scum.
We weren't there,but just a thought!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 12:05 PM   #16
E92Dan
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinco000 View Post
it makes me angry to read stuff like this...what a waste of taxpayers money they are!
If we were all prepared to pay more tax, and spend less on new widescreen TVs and trips to McDonald's , then I imagine the police would be better equipped to go after them.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 12:17 PM   #17
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Dan
Quote:
If we were all prepared to pay more tax, and spend less on new widescreen TVs and trips to McDonald's , then I imagine the police would be better equipped to go after them.
Good point, but i think we pay enough tax.

The police are equipped and are very good at what they do. But its all politics which control their priorities. They have suffered major cuts, along with other public services, and have to manage.

So its not us who need to pay more taxes. Its the bloody Government who needs to stop cutting their funds and actually increase investment.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 01:19 PM   #18
E92Dan
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330d

But if they give the police more funding, then another sector will have to be cut, and who would that be? The NHS? Schools? Defence? Fire?

It's got to come from somewhere.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 01:43 PM   #19
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattfox89 View Post

plus one, but then again sometimes these thieving thunder cunts carry knives and guns.

And with this fucked up system that we have here, these pissflaps might sue the victim for GBH....

Bring back the death penalty for these cunts. Fucking legal system made up of pussy faggots do gooders rehabilitation bollocks.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 01:46 PM   #20
AdzC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335d

Quote:
There are more people working at your local car wash than there will be officers patrolling your area. Especially at night.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 01:51 PM   #21
OnlyDriveGerman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi Coupe 6MT

Camera system outside good enough to read a license plate, and a nice firearm. I've been against guns most of my life but the world is crumbling to shit around us. Protect what is yours!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 03:48 PM   #22
mrbubba
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 325 M Sport

Quote:
I'm in the Police and just starting a night shift. The late shift are fully committed on jobs, non of them are particularly exciting, but they need doing. On my team, there are 5 of us covering a very large area and I'm on my own in the car.

Contrary to what some people think, we love chasing car thieves and locking them up. Just recently one of our cars was attacked by a gang with crow bars, straight through the windscreen of the patrol car, all for a stolen Audi and a cash machine (Mercedes world in Brooklands)

I'm in the let them take it camp, as I know some of them go out tooled up, although when the adrenaline is flowing, who knows what would happen.

We aren't perfect, but the UK still has the best Police force in the world. Don't blame the coppers on the street, blame the government, we have been cut down and there is nothing left. I work with some very dedicated people, who think nothing about tackling the scum that want to take your hard earned things.
Appreciate 3