E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > In Sudan, British Teacher Faces 40 Lashes for Naming Class Teddy Bear 'Muhammad'



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-27-2007, 12:31 PM   #1
DesiGUY
Banned
DesiGUY's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
76
Posts

 
Drives: Crazy
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
In Sudan, British Teacher Faces 40 Lashes for Naming Class Teddy Bear 'Muhammad'

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,312895,00.html

A British primary school teacher arrested in Sudan faces up to 40 lashes for blasphemy after letting her class of 7-year-olds name a teddy bear Muhammad.

This sucks!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2007, 03:15 PM   #2
e90im
Brigadier General
e90im's Avatar
United_States
120
Rep
3,118
Posts

 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (8)

Religion f*&ks up everything.
Attached Images
 
__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2007, 05:38 PM   #3
Neurorad
Major
Neurorad's Avatar
18
Rep
1,212
Posts

 
Drives: 330xi 6MT Blk/Blk SP
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location, Location

iTrader: (0)

Several years ago I used to respect all religions equally; now I think they all suck.

"Not mine!" you say. Oh yeah, your magical deity is OK.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2007, 07:34 PM   #4
e90im
Brigadier General
e90im's Avatar
United_States
120
Rep
3,118
Posts

 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (8)

Religion accepts authority as truth, SCIENCE accepts truth as the only authority.
__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 05:23 PM   #5
ATG
Major
ATG's Avatar
Cuba
21
Rep
1,058
Posts

 
Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Eastside

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Does anyone have a dog named Jesus?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 05:29 PM   #6
3onDubs
You live by the sword...
3onDubs's Avatar
85
Rep
8,044
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 F30 328i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: OC

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
It's not the religion that fucks everything up, it's ignorant people (and ignorant comments as in the case of this thread) that fuck everything up.


The religion is pure; the "radicals" misinterpret/mis-implement it. They are ignorant as are the people that take their actions as a representation of the religion.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 09:01 PM   #7
e90im
Brigadier General
e90im's Avatar
United_States
120
Rep
3,118
Posts

 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (8)

[quote=3onDubs;1769866]It's not the religion that fucks everything up, it's ignorant people (and ignorant comments as in the case of this thread) that fuck everything up.


The religion is pure???????????????

What does that mean?
__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 10:49 PM   #8
ATG
Major
ATG's Avatar
Cuba
21
Rep
1,058
Posts

 
Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Eastside

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3onDubs View Post
It's not the religion that fucks everything up, it's ignorant people (and ignorant comments as in the case of this thread) that fuck everything up.


The religion is pure; the "radicals" misinterpret/mis-implement it. They are ignorant as are the people that take their actions as a representation of the religion.

Religion is just a part of an intertribal beauty contest.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 10:20 AM   #9
3onDubs
You live by the sword...
3onDubs's Avatar
85
Rep
8,044
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 F30 328i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: OC

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
The religion is pure???????????????

What does that mean?
The religion itself does not preach any of those backward practices. It is the individual extremists that take it to another level, but brand themselves as Muslims, thereby tarnishing the name of a beautiful religion (only in the eyes of the ignorant though).

I say only in the eyes of the ignorant, because the educated minority (who knows what the religion is really about) will know the difference. The ignorant rely on second hand accounts to deduce a religion's worth in an instant as opposed to the educated who devote a great deal into understanding it before judging it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG View Post
Religion is just a part of an intertribal beauty contest.
Unless you've studied every single religion on this planet in detail, that is nothing more than an attempt at a joke.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 12:19 PM   #10
DesiGUY
Banned
DesiGUY's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
76
Posts

 
Drives: Crazy
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3onDubs View Post
The religion itself does not preach any of those backward practices. It is the individual extremists that take it to another level, but brand themselves as Muslims, thereby tarnishing the name of a beautiful religion (only in the eyes of the ignorant though).

I say only in the eyes of the ignorant, because the educated minority (who knows what the religion is really about) will know the difference. The ignorant rely on second hand accounts to deduce a religion's worth in an instant as opposed to the educated who devote a great deal into understanding it before judging it.


Unless you've studied every single religion on this planet in detail, that is nothing more than an attempt at a joke.
What about the religion that has "convert 'em or kill 'em" in its book?
Blame it or on the fundies?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 12:31 PM   #11
ATG
Major
ATG's Avatar
Cuba
21
Rep
1,058
Posts

 
Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Eastside

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3onDubs View Post
The religion itself does not preach any of those backward practices.
What exactly is "the religion itself?" Where does it exist? In sterile viles guarded by clerics and ministers?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 12:37 PM   #12
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
she deserves the 40 lashes for disrespecting 1.3 billion people around the world.

it's always the christians that keep harassing and disrespecting. she should be ashamed. She's giving christians a bad reputation they probably do not deserve.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 12:43 PM   #13
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3onDubs View Post
It's not the religion that fucks everything up, it's ignorant people (and ignorant comments as in the case of this thread) that fuck everything up.


The religion is pure; the "radicals" misinterpret/mis-implement it. They are ignorant as are the people that take their actions as a representation of the religion.
i wouldnt even bother to defend that way. it's the christian radicals that go to those countries and keep disrespecting and insulting. the 40 lashes is only a reaction.

the entire world now knows the respect we have for our prophet after the european drawings last year, so they should stop pretending they're fucking ignorant and they dont know, and they should start respecting.

and if not, then they should take the 40 lashes and STFU already
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 12:45 PM   #14
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiGUY View Post
What about the religion that has "convert 'em or kill 'em" in its book?
Blame it or on the fundies?
what you said simply does not exist in Islam. there's not a thing that says convert them or kill them. There's a thing such as make them abide by islamic rulings, with the freedom of religion preserved, or fight them.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 12:54 PM   #15
fobunited
Private First Class
United_States
3
Rep
184
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i, 2011 550i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Folsom

iTrader: (1)

It seems as if every religion out there is fair game for ridicule and "blasphemy" by Islam's standards, but they take it.

For centuries in Europe and America, Christianity has been mocked and thrown in the gutter.

Yet, somebody makes any remark or comment about Islam or their prophet, and everyone is up in arms and wants to kill somebody. I do not see how Islam is a religion of peace and tolerance if they cannot tolerate someone else's views, even if they contradict your own.

Leo Roskin said, "It is the weak who are cruel; gentleness can only be expected from the strong."

If Mulsim's really waved a banner of peace and tolerance, then they would turn the other cheek to those who offend them.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 12:57 PM   #16
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fobunited View Post
It seems as if every religion out there is fair game for ridicule and "blasphemy" by Islam's standards, but they take it.

For centuries in Europe and America, Christianity has been mocked and thrown in the gutter.

Yet, somebody makes any remark or comment about Islam or their prophet, and everyone is up in arms and wants to kill somebody. I do not see how Islam is a religion of peace and tolerance if they cannot tolerate someone else's views, even if they contradict your own.

Leo Roskin said, "It is the weak who are cruel; gentleness can only be expected from the strong."

If Mulsim's really waved a banner of peace and tolerance, then they would turn the other cheek to those who offend them.
give muslims a reason to wave a banner of peace and tolerance!!!!!! why would they do that when there's a crusade invading every country of theirs and disrespecting every symbol of theirs. why dont christians do that in action, huh?!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 12:59 PM   #17
ATG
Major
ATG's Avatar
Cuba
21
Rep
1,058
Posts

 
Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Eastside

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fobunited View Post

For centuries in Europe and America, Christianity has been mocked and thrown in the gutter.
Really? Maybe during Caesar times ... Otherwise, christian priests and soldiers were throwing everyone else in the gutter.

Christianity is probably the largest mob organization of Earth.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 01:01 PM   #18
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 01:02 PM   #19
ATG
Major
ATG's Avatar
Cuba
21
Rep
1,058
Posts

 
Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Eastside

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
And Islam is the flip side if the coin, but with more current bursts of violence.

To summarize, two biggest religious mobs are trying to split the spheres of influence by both gently whispering crap into the ears of ignorant people and flexing the military muscle if the whispering doesn't help.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 01:04 PM   #20
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG View Post
And Islam is the flip side if the coin, but with more current bursts of violence.

To summarize, two biggest religious mobs are trying to split the spheres of influence by both gently whispering crap into the ears of ignorant people and flexing the military muscle if the whispering doesn't help.
you're joking right? muslims invaded iraq and afghanistan and bombarded the hell out of every town?
muslims have F16's?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 01:06 PM   #21
ATG
Major
ATG's Avatar
Cuba
21
Rep
1,058
Posts

 
Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Eastside

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
she deserves the 40 lashes for disrespecting 1.3 billion people around the world.
What a bunch of bullshit!!!

A decent human being, who decided to risk her ass to go down to a 3rd world country and give a little bit of enlightment to those poor ignorant Sudaneze kids, had to spend 14 days in jail for failure to adhere to a stupiud-ass formality. What did that show to the kids she was teaching? That it's better to be an extremist zombie than an open-minded human.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 01:08 PM   #22
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG View Post
What a bunch of bullshit!!!

A decent human being, who decided to risk her ass to go down to a 3rd world country and give a little bit of enlightment to those poor ignorant Sudaneze kids, had to spend 14 days in jail for failure to adhere to a stupiud-ass formality. What did that show to the kids she was teaching? That it's better to be an extremist zombie than an open-minded human.
she didnt go to teach them. now THAT is bullshit.
she went to CONVERT them. if she went to teach, did she really have to disrespect them? really?!!
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST