E90Post
 


N54Tuning.com
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > touchless Car Wash in NY Queens



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-06-2007, 02:49 PM   #1
Design1314
Major
Design1314's Avatar
Taiwan
40
Rep
1,267
Posts

 
Drives: e92
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Exclamation touchless Car Wash in NY Queens

touchless Car Wash in NY Queens, anyone know where has one?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 03:03 PM   #2
Darkkilla
First Lieutenant
Darkkilla's Avatar
8
Rep
388
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 e82 135i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (2)

what?
__________________
2007 335i E90 sedan: sport package, montego blue, black interior /w aluminum trim, 6MT
delv: 5/25/07
2010 E82 135i
6MT, Saph Black Ext. , Coral Red Int. , Sport pkg, Cold weather, Ipod/USB, Bluetooth assist. N54 FTW!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 03:03 PM   #3
Design1314
Major
Design1314's Avatar
Taiwan
40
Rep
1,267
Posts

 
Drives: e92
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

what what?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 03:05 PM   #4
Dmitriy@AUTOcouture
Major
Dmitriy@AUTOcouture's Avatar
33
Rep
1,134
Posts

 
Drives: carefully
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NYC

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Design1314 View Post
touchless Car Wash in NY Queens, anyone know where has one?
I finally get to do it.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 03:43 PM   #5
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
Bimmer335i07's Avatar
United_States
233
Rep
15,801
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: ...

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Why???

__________________

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 03:56 PM   #6
Aristanet
Private
Aristanet's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
62
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

has one what?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 03:57 PM   #7
shadytt
PhD. in keep it real~
United_States
1
Rep
126
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 Alpine White E93
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to shadytt Send a message via MSN to shadytt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristanet View Post
has one what?
a place that has touchless car wash?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 04:10 PM   #8
JSpira
Freude am Fahren
JSpira's Avatar
Austria
93
Rep
5,254
Posts

 
Drives: Fünfer, Dreier, +
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York, München, Wien

iTrader: (1)

Park Ave. Car Wash (or something like that) and it's near Clintonville St. possibly on 12th ave or 12th road. All done by hand and they do a decent job.
__________________
Freude am Fahren.

Jonathan




E90 2006 330xi
E90 2006 325i
E39 2003 530i Sport*
E46 2000 328Ci*
E36 1996 328iS*
E36 1992 325i*
E30 1991 318is
E21 1982 320iS*
E21 1979 320 (6-Zyl)*
*retired


Nominated: Most Contributing Member
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 04:16 PM   #9
Design1314
Major
Design1314's Avatar
Taiwan
40
Rep
1,267
Posts

 
Drives: e92
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpira View Post
Park Ave. Car Wash (or something like that) and it's near Clintonville St. possibly on 12th ave or 12th road. All done by hand and they do a decent job.
how much is for handwash? and how much for handwash+wax? and do you tip them?

I've done searches but I couldn't find a touchless wash in queens..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 05:03 PM   #10
3pete3the5greekI
The GrEeK
3pete3the5greekI's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
3,548
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335xi M EBII
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Westbury, NY, Strong Island!!

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to 3pete3the5greekI
its a car wash lol......do it urself no matter how cold it is lol!!!!...yes i am crazy haha
__________________
3P3T5Gi

2007 e90 335i (batmobile) ~ bye bye
2011 e90 335i M-Sport (Stella) ~ BYe Bye
2013 F30 335xi M-Sport EBII
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 08:14 PM   #11
gongtowjai
I'll Kung Fu Panda your ass
gongtowjai's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,937
Posts

 
Drives: E90 AW 335i
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kew Gardens & Chinatown

iTrader: (0)

ask Trick50 (Lou)...There is a place he mentions. "Big A" but you have to call to make an appt. I think its about $50 but I hear its very well worth it. Wash/clay & wax...all done by hand.I haven't had the time to schedule. Maybe next year.
__________________
07 AW E90 335i - Steptronics & Comfort Access, Debadged, Blacklines, M-Tech Front w/ Matte Black Grills & LUX Angel Eyes
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 09:13 AM   #12
Vikingus
Nothing to see here folks
Vikingus's Avatar
3
Rep
367
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Queens, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Design1314 View Post
and do you tip them?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 11:09 PM   #13
shadye90
Captain
shadye90's Avatar
19
Rep
928
Posts

 
Drives: BMW Fanatic
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Design1314 View Post
how much is for handwash? and how much for handwash+wax? and do you tip them?

I've done searches but I couldn't find a touchless wash in queens..
Handwash is $18
Handwash+wax $40
Handwash+wax+clay $50 (in the summertime i get this package done every 2 sundays)

tipping is not mandatory but is understood..the owner is a good friend of mine so i do tip his workers...
__________________

1988 E30 M3
Diamantschwartz/Black
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2007, 12:15 AM   #14
trick50
Major
trick50's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
1,049
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i Space Gray
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Douglaston, New York

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to trick50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Design1314 View Post
how much is for handwash? and how much for handwash+wax? and do you tip them?

I've done searches but I couldn't find a touchless wash in queens..
your lying you didn't search...there is a thread with the same title as this lol...

check out BIG A in whitestone. 20 for wash 40 for wash and wax...he does an awesome job..,.he's been washing my baby once a week since I got her over a year ago...He does an awesome job treats it like its his own car.


Park place in whitestone is kinda wack they always do a crappy job (i am very picky) and the wax they use is really shit..

Big A Detailing
Andrew 718 445 9995
he is located on the service rd to the whitestone expressway by 14th avenue.
call for appointment and tell him "Big Lou" sent ya. I don't get anything for it I just like him to know that I am that happy with his work so I send him biz
__________________
"If you're not intense..you're past tense"
"..Greed is good, greed works.."
07 E92 335i,Sport,I-drive,Cold Weather,Bluetooth,Beyern Mesh 19",M-Pedals,Rear Fogs,Gp Thunder,Carbon Roundels,Coming Soon JB2,Vorsteiner Decklid,OEM Aero LipRIP9/8/06-12/11/07 Gone but never forgotten
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2007, 12:19 PM   #15
KEVIN88GT
Captain
KEVIN88GT's Avatar
19
Rep
791
Posts

 
Drives: 06 Audi A4
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadye90 View Post
Handwash is $18
Handwash+wax $40
Handwash+wax+clay $50 (in the summertime i get this package done every 2 sundays)

tipping is not mandatory but is understood..the owner is a good friend of mine so i do tip his workers...
it's not good to clay the car that often..... once a year is fine to clay and keep it up with a waxing once in a while...
__________________
Now: '11 BMW X5 xDrive35i
Then:
'07 X3 3.0si
'07 335xi
'06 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2007, 08:09 PM   #16
nyczyang27
Second Lieutenant
nyczyang27's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
267
Posts

 
Drives: z4 3.0si / 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

I might be mistaken but isnt the OP asking for a "touchless" car wash? I see that many of you guys don't know what a real "touchless" car wash is. A "touchless" car wash is literally a touchless car wash; no hands, no brushes involved. They use high-pressure water to wash the car instead of using actual machine equipment. The downsides using this technique is that they usually use a strong maybe harsh chemical detergent which might interfere with the layers of wax on your car. Also, they are usually not quite efficient in cleaning your car GOOD.

Anyways, I never found a touchless car wash in NYC so far. They seem to be very rare. What i want to know is, does anyone know if there are any Wash-It-Yourself bays around queens area? I live in an apartment so I don't have a hose =/
__________________

2007 Z4 3.0si Step/Premium/Xenon/HeatedSeats/AutoTop/M6Wheels
2007 328xi Step/Premium/Sport/Xenon
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2007, 08:13 PM   #17
nyczyang27
Second Lieutenant
nyczyang27's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
267
Posts

 
Drives: z4 3.0si / 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadye90 View Post
Handwash is $18
Handwash+wax $40
Handwash+wax+clay $50 (in the summertime i get this package done every 2 sundays)

tipping is not mandatory but is understood..the owner is a good friend of mine so i do tip his workers...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVIN88GT View Post
it's not good to clay the car that often..... once a year is fine to clay and keep it up with a waxing once in a while...
Yup, claying and waxing a car every 2 weeks is OD'ing.. I usually wax every 3 months and clay every 6 months and even THAT is considered plenty in the autopia community.
__________________

2007 Z4 3.0si Step/Premium/Xenon/HeatedSeats/AutoTop/M6Wheels
2007 328xi Step/Premium/Sport/Xenon
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2007, 08:32 PM   #18
Queenskid24
Colonel
Queenskid24's Avatar
United_States
35
Rep
2,879
Posts

 
Drives: With 1 Fly Girl shotgun.
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Queens, NYC

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyczyang27 View Post
I might be mistaken but isnt the OP asking for a "touchless" car wash? I see that many of you guys don't know what a real "touchless" car wash is. A "touchless" car wash is literally a touchless car wash; no hands, no brushes involved. They use high-pressure water to wash the car instead of using actual machine equipment. The downsides using this technique is that they usually use a strong maybe harsh chemical detergent which might interfere with the layers of wax on your car. Also, they are usually not quite efficient in cleaning your car GOOD.

Anyways, I never found a touchless car wash in NYC so far. They seem to be very rare. What i want to know is, does anyone know if there are any Wash-It-Yourself bays around queens area? I live in an apartment so I don't have a hose =/
+100000000, i have looked for this everywhere in Qns, but to no avail, Some dudes on my old school G35 forum told me there was one out in Valley Stream but thats too far.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 10:36 AM   #19
Design1314
Major
Design1314's Avatar
Taiwan
40
Rep
1,267
Posts

 
Drives: e92
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenskid24 View Post
+100000000, i have looked for this everywhere in Qns, but to no avail, Some dudes on my old school G35 forum told me there was one out in Valley Stream but thats too far.
ya I was actually asking for touchless wash not hand wash... Where in Valley Stream?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 03:13 PM   #20
shadye90
Captain
shadye90's Avatar
19
Rep
928
Posts

 
Drives: BMW Fanatic
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyczyang27 View Post
Yup, claying and waxing a car every 2 weeks is OD'ing.. I usually wax every 3 months and clay every 6 months and even THAT is considered plenty in the autopia community.
it may seem od but it really isnt..i have 4 cars and 2 bikes that i use mostly and the BMW sits in my driveway the whole week under a tree and the only time i take it out is to wash it so you can imagine all the crap that gets on it..I have now invested in a car cover so the frequency of washes has dropped dramatically...theres a reason why my car has only 9000 miles on it and i've had it since aug 05...
__________________

1988 E30 M3
Diamantschwartz/Black
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 03:14 PM   #21
shadye90
Captain
shadye90's Avatar
19
Rep
928
Posts

 
Drives: BMW Fanatic
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by trick50 View Post
your lying you didn't search...there is a thread with the same title as this lol...

check out BIG A in whitestone. 20 for wash 40 for wash and wax...he does an awesome job..,.he's been washing my baby once a week since I got her over a year ago...He does an awesome job treats it like its his own car.


Park place in whitestone is kinda wack they always do a crappy job (i am very picky) and the wax they use is really shit..

Big A Detailing
Andrew 718 445 9995
he is located on the service rd to the whitestone expressway by 14th avenue.
call for appointment and tell him "Big Lou" sent ya. I don't get anything for it I just like him to know that I am that happy with his work so I send him biz
hey DOUG..lol..let me know when ur gonna go next time..i wanna check it out...pm me...
__________________

1988 E30 M3
Diamantschwartz/Black
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 03:16 PM   #22
3pete3the5greekI
The GrEeK
3pete3the5greekI's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
3,548
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335xi M EBII
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Westbury, NY, Strong Island!!

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to 3pete3the5greekI
ok guys im not abot to go spend $50 just for a wash and wax..not i really care about the money but i just rather do it myself (if i have the time) but its much cheaper and i feel more safer with me doing it and not some1 else with my baby! lol.....my baby hasent touched a car wash yet...exept the BMW 1 witch scrached my rim and eyelid!!!! so yea..F**K dat lol
__________________
3P3T5Gi

2007 e90 335i (batmobile) ~ bye bye
2011 e90 335i M-Sport (Stella) ~ BYe Bye
2013 F30 335xi M-Sport EBII
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST