E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Mirror Scratched!

02-21-2006, 11:07 AM   #23
Arkansas3
Private First Class

Drives: 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
i'm surprised she left a note. in america, jackasses that hit your car leave a note maybe 1 in 20 times.
      02-21-2006, 01:01 PM   #24
Broken1
E90 Addict

Drives: E90 325i Sparking Graphite

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet
Ive only done it on a E36 and it takes quite a bit of force.

Try twisting the ruler instead of pulling with it, and stay as close to the middle of the mirror as you can.

Or maybe try a piece of string that you put in the top and pull out the bottom, then pull both ends towards your.

Unfortunately there is no foolproof way to do it where you wont break the glass if you pull too hard
I think I'm going to "attempt" this so called guy at Lyndhurst first.
How much is the glass about - if say I try this and break it?

The string idea is good. Surely though - the mirror should unclip before it breaks? *weird*

I wouldn't want to break a mirror on my car though...that would be like bad luck...FOREVER...
Broken1 is offline   South Africa
      02-22-2006, 04:58 AM   #25
shanmand

Drives: 325i Monaco Blue

Believe me you do not want to break the glass if I remember right I paid about R620 for it.
Monaco Blue 325i; Beige Interior; Poplar Wood; Professional Navigation; Bluetooth; Lights Package; Electric Sport Seats; Sport Steering; Logic 7; Sunroof; PDC front & rear; Rain Sensor; Bi-Xenon; CD-Changer
      02-22-2006, 05:24 AM   #26
Broken1
E90 Addict

Drives: E90 325i Sparking Graphite

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanmand
Believe me you do not want to break the glass if I remember right I paid about R620 for it.
Thank you shanmand!!!

I popped past Lynhurst Auto today - and WOW it'a massive. The workshop is giant - (Fleet - I would say bigger than randburg) - the show ROOMS are giant. And they have underground customer parking (and an M6) but anyways...

I went to the corner where the dent repair guys work...he looked at the mirror - and said come back in 30* mins. It took him about 40 mins in total, he fixed the painted part - and the plastic part for R220 (which is exactly how much just a plastic part would have cost). It's 99% perfect, but I am 100% happy.

* I spent my 30 minutes sitting in the open M6 :-)
Attached Images

Broken1 is offline   South Africa